Ranch Riot!! Bundy Ranch Protesters Tasered by Federal Agent

jon_berzerk

Platinum Member
Mar 5, 2013
for those following the Cliven Bundy ranch seizure of cattle

this is going to get out of hand

Last edited by a moderator:
No cattle have been "seized".

They're being kicked off federally owned land that they've been illegally grazing on for 25 years, that's all.

over a hundred have been seized so far

Yes, I read 138.

After some of the comments on there, I wonder why the officials are employing backhoes? Are they killing the cattle and burying them?

CaféAuLait;8910731 said:
No cattle have been "seized".

They're being kicked off federally owned land that they've been illegally grazing on for 25 years, that's all.

Yes, I read 138.

After some of the comments on there, I wonder why the officials are employing backhoes? Are they killing the cattle and burying them?

they used helicopters to run the calves off from their mothers and away from water

and also prevented the rancher from attending to the cattle

there is a video of the helicopter in action

CaféAuLait;8910731 said:

Yes, I read 138.

they used helicopters to run the calves off from their mothers and away from water

Why didnt the rancher just get his cattle off the land before this all happened? He is the blame for anyone or any animal getting hurt. What a prick.

CaféAuLait;8910731 said:

Yes, I read 138.

So crazy. I read about this case. Its a shame. Apparently BLM was not going to do a thing about his cattle grazing until a conservationist group sued BLM and told them to get any cattle off of Gold Butte. Strange thing about it is they collect that fee to assure that ANY and ALL cattle grazing is not hurting the environment in Gold Butte.

However, they allow humans, to the tune of 6 million a year to enter Gold Butte for FREE. Humans are allowed to camp (and start camp fires) there without restrictions, in tents or cars, they can drive ATVs all over the place, their cars in certain areas and bring in their horses to ride all over Gold Butte. They can also bring in their dogs and cats, they are allowed to hunt and fish-- and a ton of other stuff, all without paying a red cent.

And they are worried about his herd of 500 cattle hurting the environment grazing on 250 acres and the fact he refused to pay a minor fee according to many. It seems to me if they were truly concerned about the environment they would charge the humans (trampling all over 600,000 acres) an entrance fee and have many more regulations.

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;8910731 said:
Yes, I read 138.

Why didnt the rancher just get his cattle off the land before this all happened? He is the blame for anyone or any animal getting hurt. What a prick.

a better idea is to take the lands back from federal management

Actually a better idea would be for him to purchase the land. That way he is not free loading or putting people and animals in danger. He is not entitled to have his cattle there. Whats his problem?

Actually a better idea would be for him to purchase the land. That way he is not free loading or putting people and animals in danger. He is not entitled to have his cattle there. Whats his problem?

he is not free loading free grazing has been happening ever sine we moved from the

east coast

his family has worked the land for over a hundred years

he is not free loading free grazing has been happening ever sine we moved from the

east coast

his family has worked the land for over a hundred years

Does he have title to the land? If not he is free loading if he is using it for free. i dont care how long he has been free loading but without a doubt thats what it is.

CaféAuLait;8910774 said:

Woah, "the removal of the cattle will cost at least 3 MILLION dollars".

I doubt his entire heard of 500 cattle is still on the PUBLIC LAND, but even if they were all on PUBLIC LAND, how much is that to remove each cow? 6,000 dollars to remove each cow, ( if all 500 of his herd is on PUBLIC LAND).

yes this centers around Desert Tortoise Conservation Center which is set to close

this year for lack of funding

who threatened to sue BLM if they didnt act on the rancher

get this

conservation area has to euthanize hundreds of these turtles

Forum List

Back