Raising Boys

When my boys were young and they got in trouble I would tell them "You keep that up and you will end up like your brother, Mark!" They would invariably reply "But Dad, we don't have a brother named Mark" and of course I would then say "Not anymore you don't!"

This is the big family joke now that they are older.

CSM said:
When my boys were young and they got in trouble I would tell them "You keep that up and you will end up like your brother, Mark!" They would invariably reply "But Dad, we don't have a brother named Mark" and of course I would then say "Not anymore you don't!"

LOL good one----I'll tell mine that I'll send him clothes shopping with his mother

When my boys used to fight (as boys will do) and I had had enough I would make them stand in front of the picture window and hug each other...they couldn't break the hug until they said three nice things to each other. If they were really bad, I'd make em hold hands on the front lawn.

CSM said:
When my boys used to fight (as boys will do) and I had had enough I would make them stand in front of the picture window and hug each other...they couldn't break the hug until they said three nice things to each other. If they were really bad, I'd make em hold hands on the front lawn.

Yea know...It's a real pain in the ass to have an NCO for a Dad! :laugh: :thup:

Mr. P said:
Yea know...It's a real pain in the ass to have an NCO for a Dad! :laugh: :thup:
I never did spank those guys...I was afraid I'd lose my temper and hurt them, so I had to be creative....

One son went to the mall without permission once and was gone for some time...worried his mother sick...so when I got home, I told him to get in the car. He was really worried as I drove along; probably thinking I was going to have him join his brother Mark. He finally asked "Where are we going?" I told him "We are going to the mall. Whatever the number of miles is will be the number of days you are grounded." I think he was relieved.

CSM said:

LOL...I like that...I will have to try it with my 2 & 3 yr olds...lol..
Jeff

CSM said:
I never did spank those guys...I was afraid I'd lose my temper and hurt them, so I had to be creative....
Same here on spanking, with rare exceptions...Besides it's easy to spank, it takes
thought and effort to discipline creatively. I think it works better too. :)

Mr. P said:
Same here on spanking, with rare exceptions...Besides it's easy to spank, it takes
thought and effort to discipline creatively. I think it works better too. :)
If my kids are any indication, creative discipline lasts longer...they talk often of the aforementioned incidents...I have never heard them discuss the few spankings they did get.

CSM said:
If my kids are any indication, creative discipline lasts longer...they talk often of the aforementioned incidents...I have never heard them discuss the few spankings they did get.
Agreed, and grounded became a four letter word. :)

CSM said:

omg...i gotta use that when Nathan is old enough to understand what i am telling him. right now, he only understands "no" or "No touch" or "hot---owie"

• Thanks
Reactions: CSM
CSM said:

I taught my best friend to use this tonight on her 4 yr old. He wouldn't quit running around the house, yelling, and such. I told her about this post, and she used the phrase on him:

"Caleb! Knock it off, otherwise you'll end up like your brother Jack!"

"Mom, I don't have a brother..."

"Not anymore you don't..."

The look on his face was so funny, we had to keep from laughing because Michelle was trying to be serious with Caleb.

I also told her about the brothers hugging in front of the window, and holding hands outside. My hubby said that he would have actually taken that punishment seriously rather than sitting in the corner, peeling wallpaper with his brother in the other corner doing the same.

Forum List

Back