Racist tweets and the effect on the wider society.

When you define everything you disagree with as racist and hate, of course you will see it everywhere.
Not noticing this hatred and division in my area which actually is in America.
Easy to throw judgment from across the pond.
Guess where you can stick it?
I have widened out the debate. We will shortly have a mini me trump running the UK. The man who brought the word "picaninnies" back into the vocabulary.

"Go back to where you belong" is a throwback to the 60s in a way. It was used by racists in the UK to abuse anybody who looked different to themselves.

The Conservative Party latched on to that and ran on a slogan which went.

"If you want a ******
For a neighbour
Vote Labour"

And these same people are in the vanguard of the toxic brexit movement.

But the advent of Trump has seen a rise in hate crimes because he legitimizes hatred of the other. Unless they are his friends of course.

When we have clear examples of racism like Trumps recent tweets, what effect does it have on society?.

Racist hate crimes multiplied in the UK after Brexit and I understand that trumps election caused a similar surge in the US. .

I imagine that today a few muslim children will be getting told to go back to their own country.

What can decent folk do ?

1. Only a fool think racism has grew again under Trump...

2. Obama vs the Birther movement is my evidence that Trump was not the rise of any racism and it has been this way even if those like you deny it three times while collecting your thirty pieces of silver...

When you define everything you disagree with as racist and hate, of course you will see it everywhere.
I have widened out the debate. We will shortly have a mini me trump running the UK. The man who brought the word "picaninnies" back into the vocabulary.

"Go back to where you belong" is a throwback to the 60s in a way. It was used by racists in the UK to abuse anybody who looked different to themselves.

"If you want a ******
For a neighbour
Vote Labour"

But the advent of Trump has seen a rise in hate crimes because he legitimizes hatred of the other. Unless they are his friends of course.
so. . . . . still no examples of racist tweets then, alright?

:dunno:

"If you want a ******
For a neighbour
Vote Labour"

Where are all these hate crimes?
Thing is, I could match you link for link on hateful things done by the left in protest of the "other".
The zealots of either side do not represent the whole.
You come across as a zealot who frankly has no say in this country.
It's quite clear you give Omar and the rest a pass on the vile broadbrushing.

When we have clear examples of racism like Trumps recent tweets, what effect does it have on society?.

Racist hate crimes multiplied in the UK after Brexit and I understand that trumps election caused a similar surge in the US. .

I imagine that today a few muslim children will be getting told to go back to their own country.

It takes a racist to see everything they don't like as racist.

as usual, you people provide NO proof they are racist/etc = your OP is CRAP
...BLACKS commit more hate crimes than whites per capita in the US--I guess Trump caused that???--hahahahah
you see, you know NOTHING about the US except the CRAP you read
here's MY PROOF!--something you DON'T have
Offenders
you understand WRONG!
Obama caused more racial problems than Trump
keep reading crap--keep posting crap

all he did was tell the anti American squad to go home and fix their countries of origin and then come back and instruct us on how to do the same ...given only one of the communists out of the 4 is from a foreign shithole the other 3 are always touting how America has mistreated their ancestral shithole origins .
They are American. Why should they be told to go anywhere ?
they are bad mouthing America for NO reason--for LIES--that's why
they are DESTROYING America with all their crap

Explain how this isnt racist.

Because you were the one looking at everything as racist
People who aren't racist don't dwell on race.

all he did was tell the anti American squad to go home and fix their countries of origin and then come back and instruct us on how to do the same ...given only one of the communists out of the 4 is from a foreign shithole the other 3 are always touting how America has mistreated their ancestral shithole origins .
They are American. Why should they be told to go anywhere ?
they are bad mouthing America for NO reason--for LIES--that's why
they are DESTROYING America with all their crap
creat division between the people

you don't EVEN KNOW the definition of racist
Definition of racism

1: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
Definition of RACISM

I cant put the question in more simple terms.Sorry.

and I answered it --more than one time

calling someone racist means NOTHING now --how many times do I have to say it??
you people have used it for so much shit, it's worthless
we laugh whenever someone uses it
ahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha
rac·ist
/ˈrāsəst/
Learn to pronounce
noun
  1. 1.
    a person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who believes that a particular race is superior to another.

I don't dwell on race it's a non issue

hahahhahahahahahahh--all you people --hahah AND the MSM
...if you make a claim [such as Trump is racist ] you have to prove it !!
hahahahahahah
....it's like a court of law-a prosecutor claims someone did something, then they have to PROVE it
..I can claim all kinds of crap!!!
Tommy T is a pedophile/fruitcake/etc
the Eiffel Tower grew 10 feet !!
jesus took me to the moon and served breakfast
but it's all crap unless I can prove it

I think Trump was a dummy for making those tweets. All he needed to do was let the Democrats make it all about them, without inserting himself into the picture. Trump tweeted about his feelings towards Congress women he feels don't like America... a mistake on his part. There is a real reason why they say silence is golden, but remember this. It wasnt Trump who brought up RACE.

It was Ocasio Cortez Alexandria, when she shot back at Pelosi saying her and the others were being picked on because of race. She put race on the table of conversation, exposing her dislike of fellow Americans, even the ones she serves with in the Democrat party.
Trump simply responded.

Dont worry, I know my fellow Americans. Most Muslim kids will be just fine and treated well as the children they are.. will some be picked on in the next few weeks for being muslim? maybe, but you can bet there are kids of every demographic who will be picked on next week, where ever bullies exist and look for reasons to pick on someone. White, black, American Indian,Asian, British.... there is no one immune from bullies, its a sad fact that has existed for all time

Sure you can.

QUOTE THE TWEETS.

Forum List

Back