Racist Police Chief Fired For Discrimination

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"Fort Lauderdale’s now-former police chief has hit back at officials in the Florida city who fired him after just six months on the job, accusing him of focusing too heavily on a diversity policy in hiring and promotion. Larry Scirotto, 48, the son of a white mother and Black father and the department’s first openly gay chief, was fired last Thursday after a city report related examples such as how he had once pointed to a display of photos of the department’s command staff in a conference room and said: “That wall is too white” and “I’m gonna change that.”

Scirotto spent more than two decades as a police officer in Pittsburgh, and was initially welcomed in the Florida post as an outsider untouched by cronyism. Soon after being hired, Scirotto promoted 15 officers – nine were white men, six were minorities through ethnicity or gender. Four who were not selected for promotion – three men and one woman – filed complaints with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. “There would have been 12 white men, one white woman and two minorities if I had promoted as the complainants say I should have,” Scirotto told the paper. “Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. What would the optics have been on that?” Fort Lauderdale officials have indicated the city could rescind promotions made on Scirotto’s watch.

Again, we have a police corruption problem in this country. This is another example of how racism still runs rampant thru-out our law enforcement agencies across the country. This guy is just another piece of proof of that fact. If this guy would have been hired and talked about how there were too many darkies getting promoted and he was going to change that, it would obviously be seen as racist...so it is equally racist to say there are too many whites being promoted.

It doesn't matter that he was brought in precisely to improve diversity within the department -- the hire was supposed to be more for the purpose of appearances, not to actually promote diversity...Hopefully these darkies and whores who were promoted will have those promotions revoked so those who actually deserve them, receive them.

"Fort Lauderdale’s now-former police chief has hit back at officials in the Florida city who fired him after just six months on the job, accusing him of focusing too heavily on a diversity policy in hiring and promotion. Larry Scirotto, 48, the son of a white mother and Black father and the department’s first openly gay chief, was fired last Thursday after a city report related examples such as how he had once pointed to a display of photos of the department’s command staff in a conference room and said: “That wall is too white” and “I’m gonna change that.”

Scirotto spent more than two decades as a police officer in Pittsburgh, and was initially welcomed in the Florida post as an outsider untouched by cronyism. Soon after being hired, Scirotto promoted 15 officers – nine were white men, six were minorities through ethnicity or gender. Four who were not selected for promotion – three men and one woman – filed complaints with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. “There would have been 12 white men, one white woman and two minorities if I had promoted as the complainants say I should have,” Scirotto told the paper. “Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. What would the optics have been on that?” Fort Lauderdale officials have indicated the city could rescind promotions made on Scirotto’s watch.

Again, we have a police corruption problem in this country. This is another example of how racism still runs rampant thru-out our law enforcement agencies across the country. This guy is just another piece of proof of that fact. If this guy would have been hired and talked about how there were too many darkies getting promoted and he was going to change that, it would obviously be seen as racist...so it is equally racist to say there are too many whites being promoted.

It doesn't matter that he was brought in precisely to improve diversity within the department -- the hire was supposed to be more for the purpose of appearances, not to actually promote diversity...Hopefully these darkies and whores who were promoted will have those promotions revoked so those who actually deserve them, receive them.
Promoting off of merit is now racist? Huh

Promoting off of merit is now racist? Huh
Once you free yourself from the social construct of race (hence racist/racism) things get a whole lot easier to understand.

In this particular case there were too many former promotions of a certain ethnicity (white) in the chief's mind. That view did not make him a "racist" that makes him anti-white.

It doesn't matter that he was brought in precisely to improve diversity within the department

Where is that stated? I'll allow for the possibility that I missed it, but I really don't think I did.

The guy needed to go. When hiring or promoting someone, the decision should not be based on the color of one's skin, and it's clear that was the overwhelming consideration this chief gave his choices.

Fuck him. The city is better for him not being there...

the son of a white mother and Black father
So...Black guy. I don't know why they always put that.

He doesn't look like anything like a white man.

Reversion to the mean is nature's stabilizer.

Blacks are representative of man's antiquity... as such their phenotypical traits will reflect most strongly.

Why even bring it up?

Scirotto spent more than two decades as a police officer in Pittsburgh, and was initially welcomed in the Florida post as an outsider untouched by cronyism.
I can just hear the pre hire internal boomer conversations.

"His last name is Scirotto, he is a paisan from Pittsburg!"

Putzes.

“That wall is too white” and “I’m gonna change that.”

You buy the coal...you pay the toll.

Where is that stated? I'll allow for the possibility that I missed it, but I really don't think I did.

The guy needed to go. When hiring or promoting someone, the decision should not be based on the color of one's skin, and it's clear that was the overwhelming consideration this chief gave his choices.

Fuck him. The city is better for him not being there...
I thought it said he hired based on merit

I thought it said he hired based on merit

That wall is too white. I'm going to change that."

"CNN obtained a copy of the report that also said Scirotto had overlooked a white man with 20 years tenure with the department, and instead narrowed the choice for a job between two men of color, and asked: “Which one is blacker?”

Doesn't sound like merit to me.

He should've been shown the door as soon as he made the comment about the wall being too white...

Forum List

Back