Racism in Homogeneous Nations

Whites are indoctrinated from a young age that white/european culture is racist and bad.

All other races in America are celebrated and told to be proud of their race and culture. :cool:

Whites are indoctrinated from a young age that white/european culture is racist and bad.

All other races in America are celebrated and told to be proud of their race and culture. :cool:

Are you going into Rain Man mode now? Going to ignore the fact that I have already debunked this nonsense and just repeat your talking point over and over anyway? Got nothing else, loser?

Would you feel better if there were organizations dedicated to the various African nations from which African Americans came?

I disagree, but I see you are referring to the politically correct trends that you FEAR are having this effect. I don't think is as racial as it is an issue of economic class and privilege.

In reality, I have found more instances of BLACK people being discouraged from learning the laws that come from White culture. Louis Farrakhan even denounced the Constitution before an Auditorium full of attendees, saying it was White man's laws that "didn't apply to you" meaning Black people. (That was before Obama, so I'm sure his position is changed.)

In truth, the Constitutional laws reflect natural laws that apply to ALL human nature, as governance in general depends on consent of the govern or it causes oppression, injustice and rebellion. That is just natural law.

If people don't have equal education on laws of government and society,
that is what is causing the imbalance of power and privilege that people are fighting over.

Not until Obama got elected did I see people taking the political process seriously that it could be accessed and used to represent those who identify with Obama, whether the Blacks who support him as representing them, or even my friends who are not Black who feel relieved to have something other leader rather than what they see as oppression by class or religion.

Race is just one layer of the puzzle, but the underlying problem is people don't have equal access to education, especially to be liberated from thinking in terms of victimhood and blaming the wrong group or wrong factor for what is causing injustice and needs correction.

Dear SM: I see no point in arguing about the cultural differences in how white or nonwhite people may or may not identify themselves.

The way it was explained in a mediation workshop I attended,
people from European cultures tended to think in terms of "individual" identity, where you are responsible for your own success or failure, and then they make agreements using contracts between people based on this track of thinking.

While the Latino, Asian and African cultures framed relationships more "holistically" in relation to other people and contexts. So this idea of "collective identity" and submitting to the family identity first (as in Asian culture) or the community as in the "village" culture,
is stronger in some of these cultures.

So what.

Why nitpick about this, why not use the best of both systems, and try not to let the WEAKNESSES of either system become abused or cause problems. Big deal!

Dear SM: I see no point in arguing about the cultural differences in how white or nonwhite people may or may not identify themselves.

people from European cultures tended to think in terms of "individual" identity, where you are responsible for your own success or failure, and then they make agreements using contracts between people based on this track of thinking.

While the Latino, Asian and African cultures framed relationships more "holistically" in relation to other people and contexts. So this idea of "collective identity" and submitting to the family identity first (as in Asian culture) or the community as in the "village" culture,

So what.

Why nitpick about this, why not use the best of both systems, and try not to let the WEAKNESSES of either system become abused or cause problems. Big deal!

then what you are saying is that minorities are racist

thank you

we already knew that

Last edited:

You attended a crappy workshop. That is just nonsense.

People - all people - think in terms of individual identity as well as in terms of groups/families/clans/etc. of which they are a part. People behave more individually when circumstances allow or require it. There is every bit as much a tradition of valuing and depending upon the family or the clan in European cultures as any others. America's history, tradition, political philosophy and geography have encouraged a conspicuous culture of individualism among those to whom it has been most available. It has not always been available in type or degree to certain members of society. Those who have felt excluded from the prevailing culture in America have tended to rely more on group identities as a mechanism for coping with their circumstances as they perceive them.

Would you feel better if there were organizations dedicated to the various African nations from which African Americans came?

No answer?

People - all people - think in terms of individual identity as well as in terms of groups/families/clans/etc. of which they are a part. People behave more individually when circumstances allow or require it. There is every bit as much a tradition of valuing and depending upon the family or the clan in European cultures as any others. America's history, tradition, political philosophy and geography have encouraged a conspicuous culture of individualism among those to whom it has been most available. It has not always been available in type or degree to certain members of society. Those who have felt excluded from the prevailing culture in America have tended to rely more on group identities as a mechanism for coping with their circumstances as they perceive them.
What a crock of shit! As soon as whites idenify with there color they are targeted as racist.

What a crock of shit! As soon as whites idenify with there[sic] color they are targeted as racist.

Is that what you base your identity on, a color? Not your heritage? Not your family background? Just a skin tone? That's pretty fucking pathetic. I guess you've got nothing else going for ya...

Forum List

Back