Racism in Homogeneous Nations

Would you feel better if there were organizations dedicated to the various African nations from which African Americans came?

I could care less one way or the other.

It wouldn't have anything to do with me. :cool:

It sure seems to have something to do with you. Otherwise, why would you spend so much time crying, and moaning, and bitching about it?

Read the OP and get back with me.......... :cool:

Why spend all that time whining and crying like a little girl over the NAACP if it doesn't have anything to do with you and you don't feel like a put-upon little victim? Hmm?

Isn't it great that there are so many opportunities for Americans descended from various European countries to celebrate their heritage openly and proudly? It's a great country alright.

Could it be argued that racism in racially homogeneous nations, like Japan or South Korea, is cultural? And if so, should we be more 'accepting' and 'tolerant' of something that's pervasive in these countries, but is rejected by mainstream Western society? So, should we condem their racism across the board; or accept/celebrate it as a part of their culture?

Any form of racism should not be tolerated in a civilised society but racism in Japan is somewhat overlooked because Asian minorities can blend into mainstream society just like Polish immigrants do quite well in Britain and it's hard to tell the difference unless those minorities speak with an accent. Britain has a long history of integrating Northern European immigrants from Scandinavia and Germany and German immigrants in America can be well-integrated into Anglo-Saxon society once they assume an English identity by changing their surnames and learning the English language and Korean and Chinese immigrants in Japan can also assume a Japanese identity to avoid facing discrimination.

Last edited:
Any form of racism should not be tolerated in a civilised society but racism in Japan is somewhat overlooked because Asian minorities can blend into mainstream society just like Polish immigrants do quite well in Britain and it's hard to tell the difference unless those minorities speak with an accent. Korean and Chinese immigrants in Japan can also assume a Japanese identity to avoid facing discrimination.

Are you kidding? Seriously, are you kidding? Holy crap...

As much as I appreciate the comments thus far, my questions remain unanswered. Should the pervasive racism in homogeneous nations be regarded as cultural as opposed to unsavoury? And if we adopt the former perspective, should it accepted and celebrated as a part of their culture?
It should be neither. I don't know why some feel compelled to pass judgement on others. They are a result of their own culture and history. I'm sure they are not concerned with the distant moralizing of self-righteous foreigners, and I for one do not blame them.

Isn't it great that there are so many opportunities for Americans descended from various European countries to celebrate their heritage openly and proudly? It's a great country alright.

And I'm sure sunni (wo)man agrees.

Are you going into Rain Man mode now? Going to ignore the fact that I have already debunked this nonsense and just repeat your talking point over and over anyway? Got nothing else, loser?

You have never debunked any argument. All you post are insults directed at those who disagree with you. Those insults demonstrate that you cannot refute arguments you dislike.

Would you feel better if there were organizations dedicated to the various African nations from which African Americans came?

It would not bother me at all. Nor do specifically black organizations bother me.

Countries where nearly everyone is white, and of European descent, or Oriental have fewer social problems than other countries. Even Arab countries have low crime rates.

Oriental countries are wise to keep blacks out. European countries and countries in the British Commonwealth are foolish to let them in.

Are you going into Rain Man mode now? Going to ignore the fact that I have already debunked this nonsense and just repeat your talking point over and over anyway? Got nothing else, loser?

You have never debunked any argument. All you post are insults directed at those who disagree with you.

If your little feelings are hurt, go cry to someone who gives a shit, loser.

Forum List

Back