Rachel Carson: Political Icon

You're STILL emptyhanded?? :disbelief:

I think the problem here huffer, is that you are empty headed.

Wassup Doodles? You had these figures at your fingertips, now you go all humma-humma like a 13-year old calling a girl for a date? Wtf?

Nah, your little fetch routine was retarded when you first trotted it out - now it's desperate - and retarded.

Can you post at least your microbiology degree that proves the negative on stuff like this?

Let's get this done before it's not Rachel Carson's birthday any more, ya think?

I can laugh at you, like the rest of the forum does! :thup:

{U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service biologists fed large doses of DDT to captive bald eagles for 112 days and concluded that “DDT residues encountered by eagles in the environment would not adversely affect eagles or their eggs,” according to a 1966 report published in the “Transcripts of 31st North America Wildlife Conference.”

The USFWS examined every bald eagle found dead in the U.S. between 1961-1977 (266 birds) and reported no adverse effects caused by DDT or its residues.

One of the most notorious DDT “factoids” is that it thinned bird egg shells. But a 1970 study published in Pesticides Monitoring Journal reported that DDT residues in bird egg shells were not correlated with thinning. Numerous other feeding studies on caged birds indicate that DDT isn’t associated with egg shell thinning.}

FrontPage Magazine - DDT: The Bald Eagle Lie

Hey huffer, you may be lying, but it's for a good cause - the deaths of 50 million aren't going to happen without your help!

Wassup Doodles? You had these figures at your fingertips, now you go all humma-humma like a 13-year old calling a girl for a date? Wtf?

Nah, your little fetch routine was retarded when you first trotted it out - now it's desperate - and retarded.

Can you post at least your microbiology degree that proves the negative on stuff like this?

Let's get this done before it's not Rachel Carson's birthday any more, ya think?

{U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service biologists fed large doses of DDT to captive bald eagles for 112 days and concluded that “DDT residues encountered by eagles in the environment would not adversely affect eagles or their eggs,” according to a 1966 report published in the “Transcripts of 31st North America Wildlife Conference.”

The USFWS examined every bald eagle found dead in the U.S. between 1961-1977 (266 birds) and reported no adverse effects caused by DDT or its residues.

One of the most notorious DDT “factoids” is that it thinned bird egg shells. But a 1970 study published in Pesticides Monitoring Journal reported that DDT residues in bird egg shells were not correlated with thinning. Numerous other feeding studies on caged birds indicate that DDT isn’t associated with egg shell thinning.}

Hey huffer, you may be lying, but it's for a good cause - the deaths of 50 million aren't going to happen without your help!

So what would be the point of the US resuming the use of mass amounts of DDT just to prove that this:

az.png

and the corresponding banning of DDT were not in a cause and effect relationship?

And blacks were better off as slaves...

...got it.

Non sequiturs such as evinced by your post, are often early signs of cerebral damage.....

In your case, of course, one can hardly expect damage to an organ long since gone missing.

It's not my fault you injected yourself into an exchange between myself and another poster without understanding the context of our conversation.

What is not your fault is the lack of intellect.....a birth defect?

What is your fault is that you were inarticulate in response to the post to which you linked.

Not unusual in folks of your....limitations.

So what would be the point of the US resuming the use of mass amounts of DDT just to prove that this:

and the corresponding banning of DDT were not in a cause and effect relationship?

The point is that DDT never had any impact on Eagles.

BUT you know what does?

{The Obama administration said Friday it will allow some companies to kill or injure bald and golden eagles for up to 30 years without penalty, an effort to spur development and investment in green energy while balancing its environmental consequences.}

Wind farms that kill bald eagles are now protected from prosecution | The Rundown | PBS NewsHour

There is NO hypocrisy like demopocrisy...

The point is that DDT never had any impact on Eagles.

BUT you know what does?

{The Obama administration said Friday it will allow some companies to kill or injure bald and golden eagles for up to 30 years without penalty, an effort to spur development and investment in green energy while balancing its environmental consequences.}

Wind farms that kill bald eagles are now protected from prosecution | The Rundown | PBS NewsHour

There is NO hypocrisy like demopocrisy...

No the point is that some people THINK DDT never had an impact on Eagles.

To be precise it is the DDT derivative DDE that causes the harm.

Here, you can a day or two reading the documented research demonstrating the connection between DDE and eggshell thinning:

https://www.google.com/search?q=dde+research#q=dde+research+eggshells

You dodged my question. What would be the point of bringing DDT use in the US based on the recovery of the bald eagle and many other species after DDT use was stopped?

What's the reward that justifies the risk?

Non sequiturs such as evinced by your post, are often early signs of cerebral damage.....

In your case, of course, one can hardly expect damage to an organ long since gone missing.

It's not my fault you injected yourself into an exchange between myself and another poster without understanding the context of our conversation.

What is your fault is that you were inarticulate in response to the post to which you linked.

There's a grownup discussion going on in this thread. You should apply to get into it.

Surely they're not gonna happen without your imagination...

Wazzup Doodles? STILL no link to these "deaths"?

Link to .... even one?

The "blood of millions on her hands" ----- nuttin'?

Whence went this holocaust of poor black children from the imaginatory canal? No link, no clue, no nuttin'?

pwned_alvin_PWNED_s580x435_77270_580-s580x435-102230-580.jpg

To repeat an unanswered earlier question. What would be the point of reintroducing mass usage of DDT in the US for agricultural purposes?

What is the value of the upside that makes it worth the likely decimation of many species?

There's a grownup discussion going on in this thread. You should apply to get into it.

Here'd be a novel approach for you:

How about you just admit your mistake.

No the point is that some people THINK DDT never had an impact on Eagles.

Science and leftism repulse each other. Ergo, it is of little surprise that you post such stupidity.

The scientific fact is that ZERO evidence exists that DDT has any effect on birds, mammals, or humans. (Yes, humans are mammals.)

To be precise it is the DDT derivative DDE that causes the harm.

Here, you can a day or two reading the documented research demonstrating the connection between DDE and eggshell thinning:

https://www.google.com/search?q=dde+research#q=dde+research+eggshells

You dodged my question. What would be the point of bringing DDT use in the US based on the recovery of the bald eagle and many other species after DDT use was stopped?

What's the reward that justifies the risk?

The fact is that eggshell thinning is proven to be false. Carson was the point where the religion of environmentalism departed from science forever. The loss of Bald Eagles occurred decades before DDT was introduced, and the regeneration decades before it was banned. Not only do you fail to establish causation, you actually refute it.

Link to .... even one?

Whence went this holocaust of poor black children from the imaginatory canal? No link, no clue, no nuttin'?

Get your ass kicked, then declare yourself

6a015431fc4e55970c017ee5e35b15970d-pi

Way to go huffer - even the legendary Truthinessmatters got nothing on you....

To repeat an unanswered earlier question. What would be the point of reintroducing mass usage of DDT in the US for agricultural purposes?

I can see the value actually -- you do what they did in India* and make the target insect resistant to DDT, thus giving it a chance to come back stronger and wipe out more people, leading the responsible chemical companies to cover their asses by selling this mythology that "Rachel Carson killed millions" that the dullwitted like Pothead and Stuporgirl eat up like candy.

And of course, when asked to back up their shit they find themselves painted into their own corner. It's the price of buying cheap demagoguic bullshit. You get what you pay for. Buy the myth, find yourself a public mockery.

* - see post 104, linked in my sigline

Link to .... even one?

Get your ass kicked, then declare yourself

6a015431fc4e55970c017ee5e35b15970d-pi

Way to go huffer - even the legendary Truthinessmatters got nothing on you....

So.... a pic of Charlie Sheen is supposed to be a link to Rachel Carson "killing millions"...

You're bankrupt, son. Thanks for playin' and be sure to play the Industrial Mythology Game at home. Dumbass.

How 'bout you admit to your own OP? Impulsive and imprudent, sourced from a colonoscope. Be proud.

Last edited:
So.... a pic of Charlie Sheen is supposed to be a link to Rachel Carson "killing millions"...

You're bankrupt, son. Thanks for playin' and be sure to play the Industrial Mythology Game at home. Dumbass.

You are agenda driven, and not nearly so clever as you fantasize about being - but you're not really so stupid that you haven't grasped the dozens of answers.

As I said earlier - at this point you're merely pathetic.

You are agenda driven, and not nearly so clever as you fantasize about being - but you're not really so stupid that you haven't grasped the dozens of answers.

Yeah um........ I'm not the one who can't back himself up here, Danth.

:dig:

How 'bout you admit to your own OP? Impulsive and imprudent, sourced from a colonoscope. Be proud.

Wait.....is this the fool who claimed that the eco-fascist movement, given impetus by the fraud, Rachel "Charnel" Carson, is a conservative movement???

Didn't you want to wipe that egg off your face and face post #60?

....tick....tick.....tick....

Got your ass kicked in the forum, so you had to neg, eh stupid?

The REASON you got your ass kicked is that you go against the available facts, Carson has LONG since been proven a fraud. You know stupid, you mention Crichton, a real scientist with an IQ at least double yours, as if his factual stating of Carson's effect were not true - yet you fail to produce anything to counter him - check post 104 and you'll see what I mean - you stupidly think that spewing your idiocy for NYC and rdean is actual evidence.

Here is Carson's legacy, stupid.

The Malaria Clock -- A Green Legacy Of Death

Got your ass kicked in the forum, so you had to neg, eh stupid?

The REASON you got your ass kicked is that you go against the available facts, Carson has LONG since been proven a fraud. You know stupid, you mention Crichton, a real scientist with an IQ at least double yours, as if his factual stating of Carson's effect were not true - yet you fail to produce anything to counter him - check post 104 and you'll see what I mean - you stupidly think that spewing your idiocy for NYC and rdean is actual evidence.

Here is Carson's legacy, stupid.

The Malaria Clock -- A Green Legacy Of Death

:eusa_boohoo: You wasted three days of my time yammering the same bullshit over and over and over. That comes with a price.

"Junk Science" indeed. That was already noted. Well you'll have to add this to the long list of SPHINCTER (Shit Pothead Has Indubitably No Clue how To Examine Realistically) links: the arcane inside baseball of how Richard Nixon's EPA chief controls DDT spraying in India. :rolleyes:

The fact is you got played by the same chemical industry bullshit that Stuporgirl created a thread over; the illusion that "Rachel Carson banned DDT and killed millions". Which is absolute unmitigated 100% pure USDA bovine excrement. Which is why you were asked to back up your bullshit three days ago; which is why you failed to come up with anything. Because no such thing exists. Again, you got played like a cheap banjo.

Song's over, Danth. Try to take a look up once in a while and see who's buying your banjo strings.

Last edited:

Wait.....is this the fool who claimed that the eco-fascist movement, given impetus by the fraud, Rachel "Charnel" Carson, is a conservative movement???

Didn't you want to wipe that egg off your face and face post #60?

Wait.. is this the comic book figurine who got told in post 67, who's not only oblivious to the tenets of conservatism but equally oblivious to her own bullshit basis, who let Pothead embarrass himself when he found that there was nothing to link and watched him hang himself with the rope she laid out for him?

Does she need a booster shot? Poor thing...

>> As the grandfather of modern conservative political thinking, Edmund Burke, put it: we are "temporary possessors or life renters" of this world and have a moral obligation not to squander our natural inheritance, lest we "leave to those who come after &#8230; a ruin instead of a habitation." Respect for the past and responsibility to future generations creates a duty to conserve our resources and protect the environment. << - Why Environmentalism is a Conservative Concern

:eusa_hand:

....tick....tick.....tick....

Always wear light colored clothing, and check yourself before going back inside. Ticks are parasites that will grab onto a passerby and latch on for the ride, then start sucking blood until they are found and removed.

You know -- like Pothead did here.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back