Rachel Carson: Political Icon

How 'bout you admit to your own OP? Impulsive and imprudent, sourced from a colonoscope. Be proud.

Wait.....is this the fool who claimed that the eco-fascist movement, given impetus by the fraud, Rachel "Charnel" Carson, is a conservative movement???

Didn't you want to wipe that egg off your face and face post #60?

Wait.. is this the comic book figurine who got told in post 67, who's not only oblivious to the tenets of conservatism but equally oblivious to her own bullshit basis, who let Pothead embarrass himself when he found that there was nothing to link and watched him hang himself with the rope she laid out for him?

Does she need a booster shot? Poor thing...

>> As the grandfather of modern conservative political thinking, Edmund Burke, put it: we are "temporary possessors or life renters" of this world and have a moral obligation not to squander our natural inheritance, lest we "leave to those who come after … a ruin instead of a habitation." Respect for the past and responsibility to future generations creates a duty to conserve our resources and protect the environment. << - Why Environmentalism is a Conservative Concern

:eusa_hand:

....tick....tick.....tick....

Always wear light colored clothing, and check yourself before going back inside. Ticks are parasites that will grab onto a passerby and latch on for the ride, then start sucking blood until they are found and removed.

You know -- like Pothead did here.

So....you seem to be running away from your earlier assertion....

"Wait.....is this the fool who claimed that the eco-fascist movement, given impetus by the fraud, Rachel "Charnel" Carson, is a conservative movement???"

Seems you're about to run on home to lick your wounds.

What is not your fault is the lack of intellect.....a birth defect?

What is your fault is that you were inarticulate in response to the post to which you linked.

Not unusual in folks of your....limitations.

There's a grownup discussion going on in this thread. You should apply to get into it.

Here'd be a novel approach for you:

How about you just admit your mistake.

Why don't you apologize for inflicting your stupidity on everyone when you posted that DDT can't kill robins.

No the point is that some people THINK DDT never had an impact on Eagles.

Science and leftism repulse each other. Ergo, it is of little surprise that you post such stupidity.

The scientific fact is that ZERO evidence exists that DDT has any effect on birds, mammals, or humans. (Yes, humans are mammals.)

To be precise it is the DDT derivative DDE that causes the harm.

Here, you can a day or two reading the documented research demonstrating the connection between DDE and eggshell thinning:

https://www.google.com/search?q=dde+research#q=dde+research+eggshells

You dodged my question. What would be the point of bringing DDT use in the US based on the recovery of the bald eagle and many other species after DDT use was stopped?

What's the reward that justifies the risk?

The fact is that eggshell thinning is proven to be false. Carson was the point where the religion of environmentalism departed from science forever. The loss of Bald Eagles occurred decades before DDT was introduced, and the regeneration decades before it was banned. Not only do you fail to establish causation, you actually refute it.

No, as I posted a few hundred links for, the eggshell thinning was not proven false.

So again, what would be the point of bringing back DDT?

No one has yet cited any worthwhile reason.

:eusa_boohoo: You wasted three days of my time yammering the same bullshit over and over and over. That comes with a price.

Really?

Seems I just handed it right back to you, fuckwad.

Yer not real bright, are ya now?

"Junk Science" indeed. That was already noted. Well you'll have to add this to the long list of SPHINCTER (Shit Pothead Has Indubitably No Clue how To Examine Realistically) links: the arcane inside baseball of how Richard Nixon's EPA chief controls DDT spraying in India. :rolleyes:

The fact is you got played by the same chemical industry bullshit that Stuporgirl created a thread over; the illusion that "Rachel Carson banned DDT and killed millions". Which is absolute unmitigated 100% pure USDA bovine excrement. Which is why you were asked to back up your bullshit three days ago; which is why you failed to come up with anything. Because no such thing exists. Again, you got played like a cheap banjo.

Song's over, Danth. Try to take a look up once in a while and see who's buying your banjo strings.

Junk science is a great site - far better than Snopes - because they have an open methodology and debunk all the bullshit rather than only bullshit from the right.

You're a whining little fool that can't stand that your hero has been exposed. Carson was a scumbag who propagated lies, which you full well know to be lies - but you don't give a fuck, because you value your agenda above fact, you value your dogma above scientific integrity. Her fraud caused governments to ban the life saving chemicals, which resulted in the deaths of over 50 millions.

But you don't care - leftism is ultimately a hatred of human life. It's no more than murdering 23 million Kulaks, just broken eggs for the omelet....

Wait.....is this the fool who claimed that the eco-fascist movement, given impetus by the fraud, Rachel "Charnel" Carson, is a conservative movement???

Didn't you want to wipe that egg off your face and face post #60?

Wait.. is this the comic book figurine who got told in post 67, who's not only oblivious to the tenets of conservatism but equally oblivious to her own bullshit basis, who let Pothead embarrass himself when he found that there was nothing to link and watched him hang himself with the rope she laid out for him?

Does she need a booster shot? Poor thing...

>> As the grandfather of modern conservative political thinking, Edmund Burke, put it: we are "temporary possessors or life renters" of this world and have a moral obligation not to squander our natural inheritance, lest we "leave to those who come after … a ruin instead of a habitation." Respect for the past and responsibility to future generations creates a duty to conserve our resources and protect the environment. << - Why Environmentalism is a Conservative Concern

:eusa_hand:

....tick....tick.....tick....

Always wear light colored clothing, and check yourself before going back inside. Ticks are parasites that will grab onto a passerby and latch on for the ride, then start sucking blood until they are found and removed.

You know -- like Pothead did here.

So....you seem to be running away from your earlier assertion....

"Wait.....is this the fool who claimed that the eco-fascist movement, given impetus by the fraud, Rachel "Charnel" Carson, is a conservative movement???"

Seems you're about to run on home to lick your wounds.

Uh -- "eco-fascism" is your assertion Toots -- not mine. What I said was that conservation/environmentalism is a conservative ideal.

Straw-Man_500.gif

Happy motoring. :D

To repeat an unanswered earlier question. What would be the point of reintroducing mass usage of DDT in the US for agricultural purposes?

I can see the value actually -- you do what they did in India* and make the target insect resistant to DDT, thus giving it a chance to come back stronger and wipe out more people, leading the responsible chemical companies to cover their asses by selling this mythology that "Rachel Carson killed millions" that the dullwitted like Pothead and Stuporgirl eat up like candy.

And of course, when asked to back up their shit they find themselves painted into their own corner. It's the price of buying cheap demagoguic bullshit. You get what you pay for. Buy the myth, find yourself a public mockery.

* - see post 104, linked in my sigline

You have to understand the long con here, as the expression is. They trump up a false charge of scientific incompetence in the case of DDT, and harp on it,

and the intended result is to cast more doubt on all science.

There's a grownup discussion going on in this thread. You should apply to get into it.

Why don't you apologize for inflicting your stupidity on everyone when you posted that DDT can't kill robins.

Lets save the robins so that MILLIONS of poor black African children die a miserable death from malaria. Does that make any sense?

DDT clearly saved human lives. It may harm wildlife, but is it not better to save human life rather than non-human life?

I know that is a tough question for some.

:eusa_boohoo: You wasted three days of my time yammering the same bullshit over and over and over. That comes with a price.

Really?

"Junk Science" indeed. That was already noted. Well you'll have to add this to the long list of SPHINCTER (Shit Pothead Has Indubitably No Clue how To Examine Realistically) links: the arcane inside baseball of how Richard Nixon's EPA chief controls DDT spraying in India. :rolleyes:

The fact is you got played by the same chemical industry bullshit that Stuporgirl created a thread over; the illusion that "Rachel Carson banned DDT and killed millions". Which is absolute unmitigated 100% pure USDA bovine excrement. Which is why you were asked to back up your bullshit three days ago; which is why you failed to come up with anything. Because no such thing exists. Again, you got played like a cheap banjo.

Song's over, Danth. Try to take a look up once in a while and see who's buying your banjo strings.

Junk science is a great site - far better than Snopes - because they have an open methodology and debunk all the bullshit rather than only bullshit from the right.

You're a whining little fool that can't stand that your hero has been exposed. Carson was a scumbag who propagated lies, which you full well know to be lies - but you don't give a fuck, because you value your agenda above fact, you value your dogma above scientific integrity. Her fraud caused governments to ban the life saving chemicals, which resulted in the deaths of over 50 millions.

But you don't care - leftism is ultimately a hatred of human life. It's no more than murdering 23 million Kulaks, just broken eggs for the omelet....

I love how almost every thread around here results in some RWnut melting down.

No, as I posted a few hundred links for, the eggshell thinning was not proven false.

ROFL

Dummy, you posted a Google search, of which 9 out of 10 results were a refutation of Carson's lies.

There has never been a peer reviewed study that demonstrates causation between DDT and egg shell thinning. Not one.

{As early as 1921, the journal Ecology reported that bald eagles were threatened with extinction – 22 years before DDT production even began. According to a report in the National Museum Bulletin, the bald eagle reportedly had vanished from New England by 1937 – 10 years before widespread use of the pesticide.

But by 1960 – 20 years after the Bald Eagle Protection Act and at the peak of DDT use – the Audubon Society reported counting 25 percent more eagles than in its pre-1941 census. U.S. Forest Service studies reported an increase in nesting bald eagle productivity from 51 in 1964 to 107 in 1970, according to the 1970 Annual Report on Bald Eagle Status.}

Bald Eagle-DDT Myth Still Flying High | Fox News

It's okay to be stupid, but don't go Pogo stupid on me...

Really?

Again -- ipse dixit does not a factoid make. You've been asked to demonstrate how Rachel Carson "has the blood of millions on her hands" -- you failed. You've been asked how a book author can force any government to do anything -- you failed. You've been asked how a US EPA chief has a similar power over Indian crop spraying -- again you failed. You've been asked how mosquitoes building a tolerance to increased DDT spraying that brought about their resurgence, morphs into a "ban" on DDT that allowed them to recover --- yet again you failed. In fact you didn't even know DDT was sprayed on crops. :rofl: So it's no wonder you allow yourself to be led around by the nose by corporate Astroturf propaganda machines (blessèd be Their holy Name).

You're a joke in search of a punchline. You got owned, Stuporgirl stood by and let you do it, and still you come back for more, expecting different results. :cuckoo:

Last edited:

Lets save the robins so that MILLIONS of poor black African children die a miserable death from malaria. Does that make any sense?

DDT clearly saved human lives. It may harm wildlife, but is it not better to save human life rather than non-human life?

Have you been donating lots of money to African causes?

ROFL

Dummy, you posted a Google search, of which 9 out of 10 results were a refutation of Carson's lies.

There has never been a peer reviewed study that demonstrates causation between DDT and egg shell thinning. Not one.

{As early as 1921, the journal Ecology reported that bald eagles were threatened with extinction – 22 years before DDT production even began. According to a report in the National Museum Bulletin, the bald eagle reportedly had vanished from New England by 1937 – 10 years before widespread use of the pesticide.

But by 1960 – 20 years after the Bald Eagle Protection Act and at the peak of DDT use – the Audubon Society reported counting 25 percent more eagles than in its pre-1941 census. U.S. Forest Service studies reported an increase in nesting bald eagle productivity from 51 in 1964 to 107 in 1970, according to the 1970 Annual Report on Bald Eagle Status.}

Bald Eagle-DDT Myth Still Flying High | Fox News

It's okay to be stupid, but don't go Pogo stupid on me...

I can't argue with someone who posts irrelevancies after ignoring irrefutable facts. I suppose that is your goal.

There are a whole bunch of idiot myths that the extreme-fringe-right cultists are required to profess belief in. The "DDT doesn't cause harm!" thing is just one of them. It's just a symptom of their cult.

The kooks don't care if their crazy stories are true or not. They recite them for much the same reason that an islamicist shouts out "Allahu Akbar!". By very publicly mouthing the right mantras, the cultist demonstrates to fellow cultists that they are a loyal member of the cult.

Again -- ipse dixit does not a factoid make. You've been asked to demonstrate how Rachel Carson "has the blood of millions on her hands" -- you failed. You've been asked how a book author can force any government to do anything -- you failed. You've been asked how a US EPA chief has a similar power over Indian crop spraying -- again you failed. You've been asked how mosquitoes building a tolerance to increased DDT spraying that brought about their resurgence, morphs into a "ban" on DDT that allowed them to recover --- yet again you failed. In fact you didn't even know DDT was sprayed on crops. :rofl: So it's no wonder you allow yourself to be led around by the nose by corporate Astroturf propaganda machines (blessèd be Their holy Name).

You're a joke in search of a punchline. You got owned, Stuporgirl stood by and let you do it, and still you come back for more, expecting different results. :cuckoo:

Robocop_the_melting_man.jpg

I hear you Pogo, I hear you...

There are a whole bunch of idiot myths that the extreme-fringe-right cultists are required to profess belief in. The "DDT doesn't cause harm!" thing is just one of them. It's just a symptom of their cult.

The kooks don't care if their crazy stories are true or not. They recite them for much the same reason that an islamicist shouts out "Allahu Akbar!". By very publicly mouthing the right mantras, the cultist demonstrates to fellow cultists that they are a loyal member of the cult.

They're the same people who think that Intelligent Design is science.

Tobacco was another, denying the increasing evidence of its link to cancer so that Corporatia could continue to profit at the expense of millions without the costs of responsibility.

Then after losing that one they hired the same tobacco apologists to attack climate science, so that Corporatia might continue to profit at the expense of millions without the costs of responsibility.

Back in the '70s the overuse of DDT created insect resistance that increased their stamina and increased malaria, so to cover their asses they concocted this myth of Rachel Hitler -- so that Corporatia might continue to profit at the expense of millions without the costs of responsibility.

Is there an echo in here?

No. Does that make me heartless and uncaring? Does that make my comments in my previous post incorrect?

Why do you ask a question that is totally unrelated to the topic of my previous post?

No. Does that make me heartless and uncaring? Does that make my comments in my previous post incorrect?

Why do you ask a question that is totally unrelated to the topic of my previous post?

How do you save lives in Africa by killing the bald eagle with DDT?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back