Race Baiter's Plan Foiled By Police Camera

Hey, the guy's just trying to leverage the current pathetic state of affairs in America.

The predictable manifestation of the divisive culture the Left has created.

Not the first time, I'm sure, nor the last.

No comments from the PC Police yet, I notice.

Here we go with this lame crap.

"Lame", yet you folks always get so defensive.

Maybe not so "lame".

Hiya Mac.

You haven't commented on the fact that several lefty's have joined this discussion and have condemned the actions of the firefighter. What gives?
Well, because there was a body cam, anyone NOT condemning the firefighter would look silly.

Where was the "lets not jump to any conclusions" in regard to the Brown case?

All over the place. You missed it.
nah. I heard people saying "lets not jump to any conclusions"....but I saw the majority of the people jumping to conclusions. Not sure how YOU missed it.

You are doing that thing again, Mac. Trying to intimidate others into responding to an event. Very PC of you, loser-boy. Thought you would have learned your lesson in the 9-11 thread. Guess not.

Looks like we have an honest to goodness case of race baiting! Fortunately, we have the body cam audio. The firefighter and his kids embellished the facts in an apparent attempt to gain sympathy or impugn the Oakland PD. A public apology is in order. The Oakland PD and the officer in question have been slandered. Legal recourse may be available to them. I'd like to hear the apology.

Now...the OP is chock full of "if's" and fantasy about Sharpton and Obama. Basically, the OP is doing exactly what the firefighter did. I wonder if the OP.....or Mac realizes that? Tsk.....tsk....tsk.

So.......what's the next outrage?

Excuse me, but Sharpton and Obama have a history of speaking out on these things before facts are in. So, they didn't put their feet in their mouths this time because a cop's body camera foiled this right away. Considering the past reactions from the left, it's reasonable to assume that the firefighter would have had the usual people by his side as he impugned the police dept over bullying and racism.

Is there a reason to believe Sharpton wouldn't have gone on his usual soapbox over this?

Anything is possible in USMB Nutter-land.

Hey, the guy's just trying to leverage the current pathetic state of affairs in America.

The predictable manifestation of the divisive culture the Left has created.

Not the first time, I'm sure, nor the last.

No comments from the PC Police yet, I notice.

Maybe not so "lame".

T\what i said isnt being defensive. You really like to make shit up don't you.

Maybe not so "lame".

Hiya Mac.

You haven't commented on the fact that several lefty's have joined this discussion and have condemned the actions of the firefighter. What gives?
Well, because there was a body cam, anyone NOT condemning the firefighter would look silly.

nah. I heard people saying "lets not jump to any conclusions"....but I saw the majority of the people jumping to conclusions. Not sure how YOU missed it.

I don't recall posts or comments from media saying that we should wait for facts. Instead, the Ferguson police were bashed. Holder demanded more affirmative action to get more minorities on the force, then he launched an investigation because he didn't trust the Ferguson police dept to do that.

It's just like in the Zimmerman case where facts contradicting stories were dismissed and the narrative continued.

Maybe not so "lame".

Hiya Mac.

I don't recall posts or comments from media saying that we should wait for facts. Instead, the Ferguson police were bashed. Holder demanded more affirmative action to get more minorities on the force, then he launched an investigation because he didn't trust the Ferguson police dept to do that.

It's just like in the Zimmerman case where facts contradicting stories were dismissed and the narrative continued.

You were not paying attention.

QUOTE="LoneLaugher, post: 9817378, member: 32973"]
Hiya Mac.

You were not paying attention.[/QUOTE]

I was. If anyone on the left mentioned waiting for facts, they were drowned out by the insults toward the bullying, racist Ferguson police. When posts were made regarding the other witnesses and the cop defending himself, it was largely ignored. When the high rate of crime among minorities is bought up, more cries of racism. I guess it's easier to accuse the people stating facts of racism than it is to acknowledge the problem really does exist. Come on, that is your cue to call me racist. Never mind that I am not white.

There were a lot of snide posts where lefties tried to put words in people's posts that weren't there, usually thinly veiled accusations of racism. We can go over threads and start quoting if you like.

Last edited:
Okay, I watched both tapes, just not seeing what the big discrepency is.

The cop did draw down on a man and two kids.
Did he have his weapon drawn?

You really can't tell from that tape. In fact, the camera is aimed at the wall for about half of it.

The only thing that struck me is that they claimed the cop didn't apologize but he clearly did after he ascertained their identity.
And all appeared to be fine with the firefighter.

Yes, I can see that.

But imagine you are that firefighter. You get home. Adreniline calms down, and you realize, shit, that cop came maybe that close to maybe shooting me and one of my kids because I just happened to be black at the wrong time and place. I think that's the issue here. That police often assume blacks are perpetrators until proven otherwise.

So I can see where the firefighter should have been a little upset.

The firefighter had no reason to be upset.. He obviously didnt put himself in the cops place, he had walked into basicaly an unlit building on a burglary call. Even though there are kids, an officer is required to follow S.O.P. he was by himself and initially not sure if anyone else was there. The firefighter said he felt like he was going to be shot, but honestly, did you hear that in the cops voice. I dont think so, it never should have been a news story. Why did the fiirefighter contact chanel 5 ? its crap, sorry. The officer was very polite, and calm, i didnt hear any hatred or honestly any fear in his voice so I dont know what video you were watching that made you think he was treating this guy any diferently because they were black. teir hands were up a very short amount of time so whats with the BS story about the kids arms getting tired? this is about cop hatred , sorry pal

Okay, I watched both tapes, just not seeing what the big discrepency is.

The cop did draw down on a man and two kids.
Did he have his weapon drawn?

You really can't tell from that tape. In fact, the camera is aimed at the wall for about half of it.

The only thing that struck me is that they claimed the cop didn't apologize but he clearly did after he ascertained their identity.
And all appeared to be fine with the firefighter.

Yes, I can see that.

But imagine you are that firefighter. You get home. Adreniline calms down, and you realize, shit, that cop came maybe that close to maybe shooting me and one of my kids because I just happened to be black at the wrong time and place. I think that's the issue here. That police often assume blacks are perpetrators until proven otherwise.

So I can see where the firefighter should have been a little upset.

The firefighter had no reason to be upset.. He obviously didnt put himself in the cops place, he had walked into basicaly an unlit building on a burglary call. Even though there are kids, an officer is required to follow S.O.P. he was by himself and initially not sure if anyone else was there. The firefighter said he felt like he was going to be shot, but honestly, did you hear that in the cops voice. I dont think so, it never should have been a news story. Why did the fiirefighter contact chanel 5 ? its crap, sorry. The officer was very polite, and calm, i didnt hear any hatred or honestly any fear in his voice so I dont know what video you were watching that made you think he was treating this guy any diferently because they were black. teir hands were up a very short amount of time so whats with the BS story about the kids arms getting tired? this is about cop hatred , sorry pal

You're right. There is nothing unusual or even remotely wrong with the way the officer handled the situation. The firefighter is also a public employee and should have a basic understand of protocol. The cop was responding to a possible break in and he probably couldn't see too well when he first entered the building. He didn't know this guy or his kids and you can never assume someone is not dangerous. The cop sounded perfectly calm and polite, yet took all proper precautions. Recently, we had a local kid who managed to get a hold of an officer's gun. He shot the officer, but the cop was wearing a vest. The kid then turned the gun on himself. The cop had too much trust in the kid and got too close. Telling people to keep their arms up is an absolute must. Even kids have been known to have weapons. It sucks, but that's reality, and the cop acted properly all the way.

The left will still go after a white cop for simply talking to a minority. Even though the cop was polite and followed the appropriate protocol, the left still finds fault because a minority claimed to be bullied. There is ample proof that he wasn't, but those inconvenient facts won't stop the PC Nazis.

Yet, there is another death by cop shooting and no one in the administration is even interested. This happened in Utah, but it's not all over the news despite being eerily similar to the Ferguson shooting. You'd think having another incident like this would have the media buzzing, but something about the case caused them to pass on it. Hmmmm.

There was one stark difference between the Utah and Ferguson situations. People in Utah are lame. No reports of looting, burning buildings down or attacking people on the street. How boring.

Cop was wearing a body cam, but they aren't releasing it. We did see amateur video of the Ferguson case and heard witnesses make comments that supported the cops. It was ignored. The Utah police are still investigating, but it's odd that Holder hasn't even threatened to take over the investigation. I thought the administration was concerned about police officers shooting unarmed people. Or will this end up as yet another instance where they ignore the case because the person doing the shooting was a minority and the dead guy is white?

Sharpton and Brown's uncle were telling his congregation to avenge Brown's death. Not telling them to wait for authorities to handle it or wait for the truth. Sharpton, being the race baiting piece of shit he is, joined in the call for revenge, which is nothing more than inciting more violence. He is more than just irresponsible, he's a low life who wants a race war.

In an even more shocking turn of events, Reverend Al Sharpton, as well as Michael Brown’s uncle, a preacher, took to the pulpit to tell young black people in America that Michael Brown’s blood is "calling to be avenged from the ground,"

In other words, men — older men — who are supposed to be responsible, and who are in any case men of the cloth and hold strong Christian beliefs, chose to use the church’s pulpit to encourage black people to "avenge" Michael Brown’s blood, presumably violently.

Surely it would have been better for them to stand on the pulpit and appeal for calm, while explaining to people that it is not good rush to judgment with an emotional reaction to such an incident, but rather to wait and see what the facts of the case actually are.

The Desert Utah News reported on August 19 about the shooting of Taylor, showing that the incident was similar in some ways to that of Brown’s: "South Salt Lake Police Sgt. Darin Sweeten said three officers gave Taylor verbal commands to reveal his hands, but Taylor failed to comply and was ‘visibly upset. Taylor was subsequently shot and died at the scene."

The outrage and ensuing media coverage over the shooting of an unarmed white man in Utah will never receive the same attention as the tragic shooting of an unarmed black man like Michael Brown.

Political correctness doesn’t permit it.

The fire fighter should be fired and the cop should sue him for defamation of character.

Seriously? The fireman should be happy the cops are looking after the fire station.
What if there had actually been a robbery in progress and the fire fighter walked into it with his two kids?
The cop did his job in a very professional manner and apologized for the mix up,what the hell else is he supposed to do?
You just had to find a racist angle didn't you?

Do you really think he'd have pulled a gun on a white man with two white children?

[

You pull a gun on my kids, I'm going to raise a stink about it, too.

Gee, why would a black man think he might be shot by a white person? Maybe it's because we so often give white people passes when they shoot blacks. Bernie Goetz and George Zimmerman come to mind.

I'll admit, I've had a few times where I've dealt with the cops, they've never pulled a gun on me.

But I 'm white.

Looks like a perception problem that turned into race-baiting.

The cam confirms the first half of the firefighter's story: that he had correctly identified himself as a firefighter who worked right there. You can also hear one of children starting to cry. And the boys also had their hands up. The police officer did tell them to put their hands up. That is, of course, standard police work. So, no big deal.

It's the second half of the vid where the firefighter's story doesn't match up. The cop did apologize and the firefighter seemed cool with it. The entire incident took under 5 minutes, so I just don't see the big deal in it.

The firefighter should never have gone to the press with this.

I must agree with the OP: this is indeed a form of race-baiting and was totally stupid.

There are millions of cops out there putting their lives on the line for we the people, the last thing they need is this stuff as well.

Race should never have been an issue here. Badly lit street, at night, someone in a public garage.... the cop did his job.

So here is an instance of a situation that that did not go the wrong way because a policeman did his job properly, so good for him, and there were no casualties. So if there was an attempt at any kind of set up, the firefighter should be dealt with accordingly.

Of course, now that fact will be lost in a plethora of speculation as to whether or not this one instance proves that every allegation of police misconduct is race baiting, and a potential payday for that "ubiquitous black bogeyman" Al Sharpton.....LMAO.

[

You pull a gun on my kids, I'm going to raise a stink about it, too.

Gee, why would a black man think he might be shot by a white person? Maybe it's because we so often give white people passes when they shoot blacks. Bernie Goetz and George Zimmerman come to mind.

I'll admit, I've had a few times where I've dealt with the cops, they've never pulled a gun on me.

But I 'm white.

I'm going to go out on a limb here. I'm black and I recall the case of Goetz, from what I recall I think he was attacked by four men on a subway and shot all four, but unlike Zimmerman he did not have the option of walking away, and wasn't looking for trouble, but trouble came looking for him, which is a totally different situation.

Seriously? The fireman should be happy the cops are looking after the fire station.
What if there had actually been a robbery in progress and the fire fighter walked into it with his two kids?
The cop did his job in a very professional manner and apologized for the mix up,what the hell else is he supposed to do?
You just had to find a racist angle didn't you?

Do you really think he'd have pulled a gun on a white man with two white children?

He didnt pull his weapon you moron.

The left will still go after a white cop for simply talking to a minority. Even though the cop was polite and followed the appropriate protocol, the left still finds fault because a minority claimed to be bullied. There is ample proof that he wasn't, but those inconvenient facts won't stop the PC Nazis.

Yet, there is another death by cop shooting and no one in the administration is even interested. This happened in Utah, but it's not all over the news despite being eerily similar to the Ferguson shooting. You'd think having another incident like this would have the media buzzing, but something about the case caused them to pass on it. Hmmmm.

There was one stark difference between the Utah and Ferguson situations. People in Utah are lame. No reports of looting, burning buildings down or attacking people on the street. How boring.

Cop was wearing a body cam, but they aren't releasing it. We did see amateur video of the Ferguson case and heard witnesses make comments that supported the cops. It was ignored. The Utah police are still investigating, but it's odd that Holder hasn't even threatened to take over the investigation. I thought the administration was concerned about police officers shooting unarmed people. Or will this end up as yet another instance where they ignore the case because the person doing the shooting was a minority and the dead guy is white?

Sharpton and Brown's uncle were telling his congregation to avenge Brown's death. Not telling them to wait for authorities to handle it or wait for the truth. Sharpton, being the race baiting piece of shit he is, joined in the call for revenge, which is nothing more than inciting more violence. He is more than just irresponsible, he's a low life who wants a race war.

In an even more shocking turn of events, Reverend Al Sharpton, as well as Michael Brown’s uncle, a preacher, took to the pulpit to tell young black people in America that Michael Brown’s blood is "calling to be avenged from the ground,"

In other words, men — older men — who are supposed to be responsible, and who are in any case men of the cloth and hold strong Christian beliefs, chose to use the church’s pulpit to encourage black people to "avenge" Michael Brown’s blood, presumably violently.

Surely it would have been better for them to stand on the pulpit and appeal for calm, while explaining to people that it is not good rush to judgment with an emotional reaction to such an incident, but rather to wait and see what the facts of the case actually are.

The Desert Utah News reported on August 19 about the shooting of Taylor, showing that the incident was similar in some ways to that of Brown’s: "South Salt Lake Police Sgt. Darin Sweeten said three officers gave Taylor verbal commands to reveal his hands, but Taylor failed to comply and was ‘visibly upset. Taylor was subsequently shot and died at the scene."

The outrage and ensuing media coverage over the shooting of an unarmed white man in Utah will never receive the same attention as the tragic shooting of an unarmed black man like Michael Brown.

Political correctness doesn’t permit it.

Exactly who on the Left do you mean? I supported the white cop and condemned the firefighter for lying.

Geez.

[

I'm going to go out on a limb here. I'm black and I recall the case of Goetz, from what I recall I think he was attacked by four men on a subway and shot all four, but unlike Zimmerman he did not have the option of walking away, and wasn't looking for trouble, but trouble came looking for him, which is a totally different situation.

Well, you'd be going out on a very long limb. the men didn't attack Goetz. They asked him if he had five dollars for them, and he responded, "I have five dollars for each of you." He then shot all four of them, with a gun he just happened to be carrying illegally.

And then he shot one of them lying on the ground and crippled him for life.

[

Well, you'd be going out on a very long limb. the men didn't attack Goetz. They asked him if he had five dollars for them, and he responded, "I have five dollars for each of you." He then shot all four of them, with a gun he just happened to be carrying illegally.

And then he shot one of them lying on the ground and crippled him for life.
One less scumbag on the streets who would undoubtedly be playing the "knockout game" if Goetz hadn't put him in a wheelchair.

Forum List

Back