R.I.P. Jimmy Buffett. Thanks for years of music.

LOL, he was still performing in FL in February. You couldn't listen to Jimmy Buffett without a smile on your face. He just brought it!
I used to like his music in the 80s.....but he hasn't produced anything new in the last 20 years.
I figured he was a lot older and already passed.
I haven't seen anything on YouTube on his either.

I used to like his music in the 80s.....but he hasn't produced anything new in the last 20 years.
I figured he was a lot older and already passed.
I haven't seen anything on YouTube on his either.
He put out an album a few years back around the start of the Covid freak out. We have a local radio show that plays more obscure music or new releases by some old favorites it’s about the only radio I still listen to and the only reason I knew about that album.

Most of the good artists are in their 70s or 80s.

The folks producing music now are fakes that use True Tone and other computer generated enhancements.

Most of them suck in concert.
I can’t remember the band but saw a story a month or so ago one of these new musicians had to cancel a show because their laptops had not made it to the venue.
In my 20’s I toured with a bad using a pedalboard with 10 pedals and felt dirty needing that many.

Most of the good artists are in their 70s or 80s.

The folks producing music now are fakes that use True Tone and other computer generated enhancements.

Most of them suck in concert.
I'm just 33 years old and I agree with you concerning today's music. I would much rather listen to music from the 60's, 70's and 80's.

I can’t remember the band but saw a story a month or so ago one of these new musicians had to cancel a show because their laptops had not made it to the venue.
In my 20’s I toured with a bad using a pedalboard with 10 pedals and felt dirty needing that many.
I heard Metallica was lipsinking in their concerts.
I know NSYNC started doing that because their dance moves were causing them to be out of breath by the 3rd song.
I know that BTS sounds like shit in person. They do make some pretty good videos tho.

I talked with him at a truck stop in Florida in the late 1970s. We had hamburgers at the lunch counter.
Then you got back ta Lot Lizardin', amirite?

troll-trolls.gif

I totally agree with someone here who said his music "is a feeling", it sets a vibe, tone.
Much like Van Morrison. But different.
You didn't want to listen to Buffet when you were in a bad mood, you wanted to listen to Buffet on a good day to further that feeling.
To me, it is impossible to be in a bad mood when listening to him. It's just a good vibe.

Forum List

Back