Quit my job but they want me back

The big tell is that the OP would rather sit around on his butt than to work.

Good luck with that, btw. You're setting yourself up for a life of envying successful people and living very small.

Rephrase the question and I will answer it for you. The question you asked was riddled with insults. This makes your question appear to be a statement rather than an inquiry. If you are honestly curious and crave information then ask the question in a more appropriate manner.

The way you asked the question really sucked when you asked it the first time. The way you asked it this time still sucks. You didn't change anything about it.

Just rephrase the question. That way you can get the information that you desire. Otherwise you'll just be wondering and wondering for the rest of your life as ignorant as you have always been. Just keep stomping your foot and reminding us that you already know everything. The reason that you are probably so ignorant is because you ask offensive questions. I guess it is hard to learn new things when you don't know how to inquire properly.

Good luck with that, btw. You're setting yourself up for a life of envying successful people and living very small.

I'm living better than I have in 4 years. You are mistaken. I'll go back to work.

I just don't want to work for low wages unless I have a sensible work schedule.

I'm ok with having a good life or having a bad life with good pay. I'm not going to accept a bad life with bad pay. I'd rather sit around on my butt than get screwed in the butt. Surely that makes sense. I have had a good job in the past. I believe I can do it again. Besides I can afford to be out of work for a couple years and keep all my bills paid. I'm not as desperate and brainwashed as I should be. I know that makes some people uncomfortable. I do understand that. I joined the Marine Corps 3 days after I turned 18. That's not what a normal kid does. I have never been normal and that makes many people uncomfortable.

I'm living better than I have in 4 years. You are mistaken.

You clearly don't grok the long term implications for your life in choose Idleness over Work.

I made $9.00 an hour for 38 hours per week. That equates to $17,784 per year. In two years that would be $35,568.00.

If I am out of work for (I'll be back to make my point.)

On June 11, 2015 I quit my job.

I was always there any time they needed me. Many times I was called at the last minute to fill in for someone who didn't show up. I never complained about it. I just played the game and was reliable and flexible as I could possibly be. I thought it would eventually pay off. After 4 years I asked for a raise to $10 an hour or a fixed schedule at the same rate of pay. They said, "F*** you" but my boss said it in Spanish so it sounded a lot nicer than that.

I put in my two weeks notice and left promptly. Once I got my last check I avoided that place like the plague. Now thy are calling me and wanting me to come back.

Should I tell them to "f*** off" or what? What should I do?

I prefer sitting at home on my butt doing absolutely nothing. I just don't know how to respond to this nonsense. Do they want to pay me more or do they just want to screw me over more?

Is the job shovel ready?

I was always there any time they needed me. Many times I was called at the last minute to fill in for someone who didn't show up. I never complained about it. I just played the game and was reliable and flexible as I could possibly be. I thought it would eventually pay off. After 4 years I asked for a raise to $10 an hour or a fixed schedule at the same rate of pay. They said, "F*** you" but my boss said it in Spanish so it sounded a lot nicer than that.

I put in my two weeks notice and left promptly. Once I got my last check I avoided that place like the plague. Now thy are calling me and wanting me to come back.

I prefer sitting at home on my butt doing absolutely nothing. I just don't know how to respond to this nonsense. Do they want to pay me more or do they just want to screw me over more?

Wait, after 4 years you made less than $10 an hour?

You seriously want advise as to if you should go back or not?

4 years, less than $10 an hour?

Run dude, run far and fast

When I fart I make more than $10 an hour.

WARNING: This post contains math that makes sense.

You clearly don't grok the long term implications for your life in choose Idleness over Work.

I made $9.00 an hour for 38 hours per week. That equates to $17,784 per year. In two years that would be $35,568.00.

If I am out of work for 13 weeks (approximately 3 months) then I will lose $4,446.00 in income. I am very confident that I can find a job making $10.25 an hour in less than 3 months. I already made $8,300.88 for the first 24 weeks of this year. The last 15 weeks of the year I will make $6,150 if I secure a job making $10.25 an hour. In two years that equates to $35,770.88.

If I am out of work for 13 weeks then I will come out $202.88 ahead. That doesn't even take into account the benefit in the long term.

See next post for additional calculations.

Last edited:
WARNING: This post contains math that makes sense.

Back in 2008 I made $26,400.00. I am confident that I can make that much money again.

If I am out of work for 26 weeks (approximately 6 months) then I will lose $8,892.00 in income. I am very confident that I can find a job making $26,400 per year in less than 26 weeks. I already made $8,300.88 for the first 24 weeks of this year. The last 2 weeks of the year I will make $1,015.38 if I secure a job making $26,400 per year. In two years that equates to $35,716.26.

If I am out of work for 26 weeks then I will come out $148.26 ahead. That doesn't even take into account the benefit in the long term.

Being smart doesn't always mean working for someone else. Sometimes you should work for yourself and do things that benefits you personally.

If I don't get a job by December making $26,400 per year then I messed up. Until then none of us can really say if I made a good decision or a bad decision. I am taking a gamble with really good odds but you are right. It might not work. At that point I will settle for a bad paying job and count it a loss. Some people would commit murder for a 26 week long vacation. I didn't have to do that.

but if you sponge on others to do so then Ernie is right..........Your not ethical....

What am I supposed to do if the person that I am sponging off of doesn't want me to go live in the woods and panhandle to buy a little food? I'm willing to do it. The majority of the world population lives on less than $2 a day. I could do it too.

To me, if they want you bad enough, then you shouldn't even have to ask for what it is that you want from them. Since they already know what it is, they should already tell you that they will give it to you. If they don't, then they are not worth going back to. Tell them that if they can't be fair to you, then you can't be fair to them.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Sounds like you couldn't stand the place, how could you go back for just a few dollars more?

Tell you what, make them an outrageous counter-offer and see if they'll take it. If not, well then you don't have to work a job you hated.

I've quit jobs before something else came up but I was always looking anyway.

Didn't like working at Bojangles? Try Burger King or Churches, they may pay better...

Wait, after 4 years you made less than $10 an hour?

You seriously want advise as to if you should go back or not?

4 years, less than $10 an hour?

Run dude, run far and fast

When I fart I make more than $10 an hour.
I made 10 bucks while taking a leak before I retired.

Forum List

Back