quick question for those claiming that because Trump isnt President anymore he couldnt declassify stuff in his possession

So, you think potus has an overseer? That’s hilarious…

After post after post after post explaining how all of this works we still get a lame response like this. It explains the mess the country is in.

Sure. Fake News with added denial means deplorables never have to admit to anything.

Get yours today!
/——-/ Food for thought, Libtard.
7B478E44-22D6-4747-B365-D73CBFE7AAB8.jpeg

That's not true. As any moderately knowledgeable person would know.
/-----/ From a 1988 USSC ruling article, long before the FBI raid.
The majority ruling in the 1988 Supreme Court case Department of Navy vs. Egan — which addressed the legal recourse of a Navy employee who had been denied a security clearance — addresses this line of authority.

"The President, after all, is the ‘Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States’" according to Article II of the Constitution, the court’s majority wrote. "His authority to classify and control access to information bearing on national security ... flows primarily from this constitutional investment of power in the President, and exists quite apart from any explicit congressional grant."

Whether or not a sitting President (emphasis on SITTING) can wave his hand and declassify a mountain of information is not the issue.

There are problems with that claim but its irrelevant to this case.

A. A FORMER President has no right to retain Presidential documents without approval and review by the Archives

B. Just HAVING those docs after he leaves office puts him in violation of the PRA

C. The three statutes mentioned in the warrant do NOT depend on how they were classified.

Whether or not a sitting President (emphasis on SITTING) can wave his hand and declassify a mountain of information is not the issue.

There are problems with that claim but its irrelevant to this case.

A. A FORMER President has no right to retain Presidential documents without approval and review by the Archives

B. Just HAVING those docs after he leaves office puts him in violation of the PRA

C. The three statutes mentioned in the warrant do NOT depend on how they were classified.
/-----/ Thanks for your TDS hysterical opinion. Any proof to back that up? For crying out loud, I found a USSC ruling.

/-----/ Thanks for your TDS hysterical opinion. Any proof to back that up? For crying out loud, I found a USSC ruling.
Your link was regarding the President's ability to arbitrarily declassify docs.

As stated in my previous post, that is a red herring.

Whether or not that is true is irrelevant for the reasons listed

After post after post after post explaining how all of this works we still get a lame response like this. It explains the mess the country is in.
Some of us work for a living. Ya know, the backbone of this country's tax payers? So, forgive me if I don't have all day to scour this board for your particular explanation..Maybe you could be polite and answer the question?

Your link was regarding the President's ability to arbitrarily declassify docs.

As stated in my previous post, that is a red herring.

Whether or not that is true is irrelevant for the reasons listed
nope, facts.

that's everything you fking twit.

Some of us work for a living. Ya know, the backbone of this country's tax payers? So, forgive me if I don't have all day to scour this board for your particular explanation..Maybe you could be polite and answer the question?

It's been addressed hundreds of times. No, there is no one that can over ride the president BUT it still has to be done in a legal manner.

Trump can't just say "let it be done" and it is.

Forum List

Back