Question on Roger Maris

lg325

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2020
Florida's Past
I can not find any up to date information online. But did Roger Maris ever get put in to the MLB Hall of Fame.?

damn i never knew maris did not make the hall of fame.wow that is such bullshit.further proof it needs to be called the hall of shame. They keep tiger greats alan trammel and lou whitaker out and one of the best second baseman ever frank white out of it yet put whitey herzog in who the objective people know was overrated and not a very good manager,he just inherited the talent he had.

hall of shame indeed.

damn i never knew maris did not make the hall of fame.wow that is such bullshit.further proof it needs to be called the hall of shame. They keep tiger greats alan trammel and lou whitaker out and one of the best second baseman ever frank white out of it yet put whitey herzog in who the objective people know was overrated and not a very good manager,he just inherited the talent he had.

hall of shame indeed.

Go look up Ray Schalk here, he is in the HOF with a measly .253 BA. Great fielder but a poor hitter.

The HOF have always been erratic in whom to vote for.

hall of shame indeed.
Maris was an outfielder with 275 HR and a .260 batting average. If that becomes the standard, we would have to call it the Hall of Above Average Players.

I can not find any up to date information online. But did Roger Maris ever get put in to the MLB Hall of Fame.?

That page compares the player with "similar batters" which list includes the likes of Hank Sauer, Tony Armas and Matt Stairs. Who may be players you like to see in a particular situation, but for a Hall spot you need to do it consistently over years, not just one good year.

Know who else isn't in the Hall? Don Larsen.

That page compares the player with "similar batters" which list includes the likes of Hank Sauer, Tony Armas and Matt Stairs. Who may be players you like to see in a particular situation, but for a Hall spot you need to do it consistently over years, not just one good year.

Know who else isn't in the Hall? Don Larsen.
Actually, he had two very good years but was not able to sustain his performance to that standard.

hall of shame indeed.
Maris was an outfielder with 275 HR and a .260 batting average. If that becomes the standard, we would have to call it the Hall of Above Average Players.

Dick Allen (RIP) had considerably better numbers, abilities and consistency, but he didn't get the Hall either.

i saw Maris hit no's 47 and 48 in Clevland in the second game of a Sunday double header back then.....a Sunday double header.....remember those?....

Maris had one fantastic year, other than that he was just another better-than-average outfielder.

I think Maris had two great years (MVP) and then just put up average to above average numbers.

Last edited:
No. This is the best reference anywhere......................Maris had 590 at bats with 61 homers.

No. This is the best reference anywhere......................Maris had 590 at bats with 61 homers.
Rth had 540 at bats when he hit 60.

LOLOL Look at Ruth's stats....LOLOL..................He was 94-46 as a pitcher .671 and 3-9 in 2 WS champions.

The greatest player by far and he tookshit care of himself...lol

LOLOL Look at Ruth's stats....LOLOL..................He was 94-46 as a pitcher .671 and 3-9 in 2 WS champions.

Nobody claims Maris was better than Ruth
Only that he hit more home runs in 1961

Nobody claims Maris was better than Ruth
Only that he hit more home runs in 1961
I never said that. I just never knew how many at bats each of them had in reaching the big 60.

If you look at Ruth's batting stats they are incredible. Add that he almost won 100 games with a 2.22 ERA and 3-0 in WS games with a 1.8. Mind boggling.

And a WAR of nearly 200...lol

Forum List

Back