Question for the So-Called fake unbiased Independents

Yeah ... let's discuss competence:

iu

iu

Biden isn't competent either. What else do you wanna throw at the wall? :dunno:

I'd like to do the same to a Trump. But instead of a toss, it would be a controlled blast up against a barbed wire fence. Pink mist.
This is what leaves me wondering - wouldn't either party benefit (and win handily) by nominate someone who half the country despises? Sounds crazy, I know. But just imagine it. What if the Democrats nominated someone who's actually been paying attention. Who gets that the country is pretty much done with the woke horseshit. Who doesn't imply that anyone who doesn't agree with his civil rights agenda is racist or worse. Someone who's able to set aside the "we know better" posturing and appeal to conservatives (at least some of them) without giving up or denying their liberal values?

Or flip all that around. What if Republicans nominated someone who wasn't patently offensive to liberals. Who could disagree with them intelligently, with some dignity. Someone who appealed to our better nature. Someone who shows an understanding of where liberals are coming from, and doesn't write them off as nazis or otherwise demonize them.

If either party takes the high road, forgoes the fear mongering and nominates someone decent, I think they'll win in a landslide.

But is there any doubt that both parties will stay the course, with the same shit nominees? And the electorate will dutifully vote for them.

This is what leaves me wondering - wouldn't either party benefit (and win handily) by nominate someone who half the country despises? Sounds crazy, I know. But just imagine it.
Hillary Clinton. We don't have to imagine. Donald Trump. (I do get what you're saying tho)
What if the Democrats nominated someone who's actually been paying attention. Who gets that the country is pretty much done with the woke horseshit. Who doesn't imply that anyone who doesn't agree with his civil rights agenda is racist or worse
Then I might vote for them, as then they could, ideologically, no longer identify as democrat. :dunno: Unfortunately, our current system is superficial, thus, any cream of the crop candidate is overshadowed by unimportant flowery bullshit 'issues' thrust upon them by a corrupt, lowest common denominator two party system fueled by an entitled society that votes for it.
Someone who's able to set aside the "we know better" posturing and appeal to conservatives (at least some of them) without giving up or denying their liberal values?
Because politics is a zero sum game. Democrats know this better than anyone. Neither tribe is willing to cede an inch of ground. The left and right are pretty much post-unity at the moment. I'm sure you know this. I'd like to hope we're somehow better than this, but I keep coming up short. :dunno:
Or flip all that around. What if Republicans nominated someone who wasn't patently offensive to liberals.
Kind of impossible to nominate someone like that post-Trump. I'm with you, but don't see any path to it currently. Such a person would likely be the next president.
Who could disagree with them intelligently, with some dignity. Someone who appealed to our better nature. Someone who shows an understanding of where liberals are coming from, and doesn't write them off as nazis or otherwise demonize them.
Because our political ecosystem wrote off decorum a long time ago, starting with Clinton. Trump threw decorum into the gutter.
But is there any doubt that both parties will stay the course, with the same shit nominees. And the electorate will dutifully vote for them.
No doubt whatsoever.

Independents:

These people constantly claim, "both parties are bad"
then they claim to be totally unbiased and non- partisan.

Yea Right. Most are undercover republicans that are too ashamed to admit loyalty to the GOP.

This is a question for the supposed independents with regards to our massive deficit problem.

Any unbiased non-partisan person can look and see that Ronald Reagan started the era of Big Debt and Deficits.

1) Reagan turned America from a net creditor to a net debtor by a lot. Reagan had massive spending and tax cuts and massive deficits for his era. Massive massive deficits. He was the first president to really let the deficit fly to unsustainable levels when not in war.

2) GW Bush inherited a balanced budget and surplus, he then went on to copy the Reagan plan of massive spending bills and massive tax cuts that blew up our balanced budget and failed miserably. Bush destroyed our balanced budget and it was a turning point for America's finances as the balanced budget was destroyed.

3) Trump inherited a $587B/ yr deficit from Obama. He then went on to copy Reagan and Bush and passed massive multi-year multi-trillion dollar spending bills that we are still paying for right now. He doubled the deficit pre-covid, then tripled it post covid. Trump gave us 25% of our total debt in just 4 years, a record. He also had the most massive FED fake money creation ever, and begged the FED for even more fake money and stimulus.

How can anybody say that the dems are this bad?? The dems are not even remotely close to this bad. Not even close. Obama had big deficits in the beggining of his presidency because he inherited the Bush Blow Up. The ACA caused debt, but the massive Bush crash was the main reason for Obama's deficits and at the end of his presidency they were down to $587B/yr. then Trump blew that up. Clinton had balanced budgets and passed the 1993 omnibus deficit reduction act and vetoed GOP budgets that were not balanced. Biden has lowered the massive Trump deficit from $3+T to $1.3T.

I need one of the so-called fake independents to explain to me how it is even remotely possible to claim both parties are equally bad, when it is so obvious the Republicans are much much worse, by a large margin??

This is for Independents only, not Trumpers who can not admit to the rock solid facts I just posted.

Since Reagan there's been 6 more years of GOP presidents. So naturally, the GOP is going to have spent more debt.

Most of us independents don't like any president who spends beyond their means. That includes every president. Clintons budget surplus was due to the fact that the GOP house forced it. This seems to be the only time the GOP is conservative, when a democrat is president. Or at least it used to be that way.
Now that McCarthy is the House speaker, and Biden is the potus, it's like they don't even care any more. It was obvious they didn't care when Trump was in office. At least not in the first two years.
But when Pelosi took over the House from Ryan, Trump constantly caved to the left and their HUGE budgets. Trump only vetoed one spending bill in his entire 4 years. And that was because it didn't spend enough.

BTW, you're lame attack on us truly independents is uncalled for. Do not, under any circumstances get us independents confused with republicans who only identify as fiscal conservatives.

Considering the Republicans have had 6 more years to spend us down the drain, doesn't mean the left is any better at the budget, deficits or the debt.

Since Reagan there's been 6 more years of GOP presidents. So naturally, the GOP is going to have spent more debt.

Most of us independents don't like any president who spends beyond their means. That includes every president. Clintons budget surplus was due to the fact that the GOP house forced it. This seems to be the only time the GOP is conservative, when a democrat is president. Or at least it used to be that way.
Now that McCarthy is the House speaker, and Biden is the potus, it's like they don't even care any more. It was obvious they didn't care when Trump was in office. At least not in the first two years.
But when Pelosi took over the House from Ryan, Trump constantly caved to the left and their HUGE budgets. Trump only vetoed one spending bill in his entire 4 years. And that was because it didn't spend enough.

BTW, you're lame attack on us truly independents is uncalled for. Do not, under any circumstances get us independents confused with republicans who only identify as fiscal conservatives.

Considering the Republicans have had 6 more years to spend us down the drain, doesn't mean the left is any better at the budget, deficits or the debt.

Unicorn alert!

look at how these presidents set their budgets and look at how the deficit changes compared to what they inherit from their predecessor.

Bush inherited a balanced budget, passed trillions in massive spending bills, blew up the deficit, and then blew up the economy. Bush was a key turning in US history, if Bush had used fiscal constraint then the US debt and deficit would not be as large as it is today. Bush and the 2000 republicans destroyed any concept of fiscal responsibility that the US had.
(if you remember back to the 2000 campaign Gore repeatedly talked about the "locked box" and fiscal restraint. If Gore would have won the 2000 election he would not have blown up the deficit the way Bush and the republicans did)

Trump did the same exact thing as Bush, Trump ramped up the deficit every year of his presidency and was set to double the annual deficit from what he inherited form Obama without covid. Trump inherited a $587B deficit and left office with a $3+T deficit. Trump and the GOP passed the same massive multi-year spending bills that Bush did.

Real deal independents all admit that the republicans have been much worse than the dems in terms of debt, deficits, and spending, because the facts prove this.

This is the independent test, if you can admit this, you a real independent, if you can't you're just a republican pretending to be an independent.

Last edited:
look at how these presidents set their budgets and look at how the deficit changes compared to what they inherit from their predecessor.

Bush inherited a balanced budget, passed trillions in massive spending bills, blew up the deficit, and then blew up the economy. Bush was a key turning in US history, if Bush had used fiscal constraint then the US debt and deficit would not be as large as it is today. Bush and the 2000 republicans destroyed any concept of fiscal responsibility that the US had.
(if you remember back to the 2000 campaign Gore repeatedly talked about the "locked box" and fiscal restraint. If Gore would have won the 2000 election he would not have blown up the deficit the way Bush and the republicans did)

Trump did the same exact thing as Bush, Trump ramped up the deficit every year of his presidency and was set to double the annual deficit from what he inherited form Obama without covid. Trump inherited a $587B deficit and left office with a $3+T deficit. Trump and the GOP passed the same massive multi-year spending bills that Bush did.

Real deal independents all admit that the republicans have been much worse than the dems in terms of debt, deficits, and spending, because the facts prove this.

This is the independent test, if you can admit this, you a real independent, if you can't you're just a republican pretending to be an independent.

Before the advent of social media, if someone would have told me that people were this stupid, I would never have believed it.

Before the advent of social media, if someone would have told me that people were this stupid, I would never have believed it.
Yea I agree.

Most people can't look at the data, look at the facts, which are all there to see on official government websites, and put 2 and 2 together.

I can look at the official data and see GW Bush ramped up the deficit every year of his presidency after inheriting a balanced budget, I can look at the official facts and clearly see Trump ramped up the deficit every year of his presidency. Its undeniable, the numbers are very clear.

In Addition, I can look at the data, the cold hard facts, and see Biden has lowered the annual deficit substantially from what he inherited, and Obama inherited a massive deficit and then lowered it substantially in his 2nd term.

All people need to do is look at the data and facts, and the conclusions are obvious, the Republicans have given us massive amounts of debt, and ever increasing deficits. Literally increasing the annual deficit every year of both Bush and Trump's presidencies.
Just look at the facts, it can't be denied at all:

Yea I agree.

Most people can't look at the data, look at the facts, which are all there to see on official government websites, and put 2 and 2 together.

I can look at the official data and see GW Bush ramped up the deficit every year of his presidency after inheriting a balanced budget, I can look at the official facts and clearly see Trump ramped up the deficit every year of his presidency. Its undeniable, the numbers are very clear.

In Addition, I can look at the data, the cold hard facts, and see Biden has lowered the annual deficit substantially from what he inherited, and Obama inherited a massive deficit and then lowered it substantially in his 2nd term.

All people need to do is look at the data and facts, and the conclusions are obvious, the Republicans have given us massive amounts of debt, and ever increasing deficits. Literally increasing the annual deficit every year of both Bush and Trump's presidencies.
Just look at the facts, it can't be denied at all:

It simply your faulty interpretation of the data.

It simply your faulty interpretation of the data.
Explain to me what is faulty?

This is official data. Audited and verified.

We can clearly see what the annual deficit was every year of Bush and Trump presidencies, and it is not good.

You just can't accept the harsh reality that Bush and Trump ramped up the deficit massively, while democrats lowered it substantially. These are the facts, you have choose to completely deny them. You people are pathetic, and proven liars.
You need to lie over everything.

Explain to me what is faulty?

This is official data. Audited and verified.

We can clearly see what the annual deficit was every year of Bush and Trump presidencies, and it is not good.

You just can't accept the harsh reality that Bush and Trump ramped up the deficit massively, while democrats lowered it substantially. These are the facts, you have choose to completely deny them. You people are pathetic, and proven liars.
You need to lie over everything.

No.

Forum List

Back