Zone1 Question for Pro-Lifers

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Kings of Con
I consider myself generally Pro-Life, but here is a borderline case, a 10 year old girl was raped, and had to travell from Ohio to Indiana, to get abortion, now the doctor who did the abortion is under investigation. I think this is a borderline case, a 10 year girl was raped? If I think she should be able to get the abortion am I still Christian enough?

I consider myself generally Pro-Life, but here is a borderline case, a 10 year old girl was raped, and had to travell from Ohio to Indiana, to get abortion, now the doctor who did the abortion is under investigation. I think this is a borderline case, a 10 year girl was raped? If I think she should be able to get the abortion am I still Christian enough?

Might have something to do with the hypocrites who claim Christianity for political reasons, or to justify their hateful attitudes, but has nothing to do with real Christianity as Jesus taught. There are instructions for abortions in the old testiment.

This is not a borderline case. Not only is this a case of rape but the mere fact she is so young means that the pregnancy is a very risky one putting both of them at a very high risk.

The story is odd, I do not think the law there would have stopped her from getting an abortion as it would represent a clear risk to her life.

As far as the doctor being under investigation, WHAT is he under investigation for? As far as I know, the only question that was really asked was if he had reported the rape as the law requires which he did do. He is not under investigation for performing an abortion afaik.

I consider myself generally Pro-Life, but here is a borderline case, a 10 year old girl was raped, and had to travell from Ohio to Indiana, to get abortion
There was no need for her to travel anywhere. In such a case the procedure could have been done in Ohio. Ohio investigated why the rape was not reported first by the family, then by the doctor...and why they waited so long. This was orchestrated and it has since blown up on those who wanted the publicity.

There was no need for her to travel anywhere. In such a case the procedure could have been done in Ohio. Ohio investigated why the rape was not reported first by the family, then by the doctor...and why they waited so long. This was orchestrated and it has since blown up on those who wanted the publicity.
The rape was reported promptly, and within the designated acceptable time. The right just doesn't want to admit how horrible their new restrictions are.

The rape was reported promptly, and within the designated acceptable time. The right just doesn't want to admit how horrible their new restrictions are.
Look at the dates. Look at Ohio laws. This was a publicity stunt.

I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with religion. I believe the logic is it's not the fault of the baby.

This is a State of Ohio issue with their laws. The people of Ohio will have to make the changes they want. It's Ohio's business and everyone else needs to stay out of it.
To be clear, the doctor stated she was 17, not 10. She shouldn't have stated anything and definitely not lied. That's what she is in trouble for.
I'm Christian and am for abortions because of rape, incest and the health and safety of the mother. This is a case where it was rape and there is the health of the little girl as well.

It may be or it may not be.

However, I do not see how the law impacts this particular case. It would not outlaw this abortion afaik.
Damn. It did impact this particular case. Are you that stupid?

Damn. It did impact this particular case. Are you that stupid?
Sounds more like the doctor's fault that the abortion could not be performed at 10 years of age. Ohio law allows for rape victims to get abortions. So does every other state as well.

You and I and everyone else knows that's not true.

You and I and everyone else knows that's not true.
No, we know it's true now. The mother knew the rapist. This is probably going to end up as a sex trafficking situation helped along by Joe Biden and Democrats need to allow illegal aliens to cross the boarder. Sex trafficking, or slavery, is wide open effecting Hispanics instead of Blacks.

Sounds more like the doctor's fault that the abortion could not be performed at 10 years of age. Ohio law allows for rape victims to get abortions. So does every other state as well.
That is just not true. The AG has received a cease and decist order to quit making those claims.

No borderlines. She was a ten year old girl. Assuming she wants an abortion that is what she must have as well as appropriate psychological care.

I don't think you are understanding. The Governor of Ohio said the girl would have received an abortion for the rape and also the fact being 10 would put her life in jeopardy. I said nothing about the Indiana AG. And, the doctor has no authority to issue a cease and desist order anyways. The court of Indiana can do that but not the doctor. The doctor can sue if so desired.

I don't think you are understanding. The Governor of Ohio said the girl would have received an abortion for the rape and also the fact being 10 would put her life in jeopardy. I said nothing about the Indiana AG. And, the doctor has no authority to issue a cease and desist order anyways. The court of Indiana can do that but not the doctor. The doctor can sue if so desired.
The governor of Ohio was lying
1658186131073.png

Forum List

Back