Question about what happens if Trump is convicted.

Only to the nuts among us. You people really have to dig to create a monster out of this man. Of course you'll do the same with any Republican who challenges your hold on power
The Grand Jury did not have to dig. They saw documents and witnesses for months and then voted on what they saw.

The Republicans are the ones in power now at the House. And they are clearly doing a lousy job of using that power. Power is not everything, they are finding out.

DeSantis today told DA Bragg that Trump could remain in Florida as long as he wanted, because he would not be extradited to NY. As governor, he has to approve any extraditions.

Heard that earlier. But like the man he is, Trump said he would turn himself in. Personally, I would have holed up in Mar a Lago and said "Come get me, assholes."

I'm not trying to rehash all the stuff about whether this is a witchhunt etc etc.

But if Trump is convicted, and sentenced to any time in jail, how will that work? He will still have a Secret Service detail. Do they stay with him 24/7? Or will he be alone in solitary confinement without them for any part of the day?

And will his Secret Service detail still be armed if he is in GenPop?
:omg:

Trump will NEVER be locked up.
I might have to agree. Depending on any charge, as with the alleged crimes of Hunter, people in the same position would get a penalty that allows them freedom of movement.

But after a few years of Lock her up, without any investigation and charge...

DeSantis today told DA Bragg that Trump could remain in Florida as long as he wanted, because he would not be extradited to NY. As governor, he has to approve any extraditions.
Constitutionally? Florida is required to hand him over if asked.

Article IV, Section 2, Clause 2:

A Person charged in any State with Treason, Felony, or other Crime, who shall flee from Justice, and be found in another State, shall on Demand of the executive Authority of the State from which he fled, be delivered up, to be removed to the State having Jurisdiction of the Crime.

"

I'm not trying to rehash all the stuff about whether this is a witchhunt etc etc.

But if Trump is convicted, and sentenced to any time in jail, how will that work? He will still have a Secret Service detail. Do they stay with him 24/7? Or will he be alone in solitary confinement without them for any part of the day?

And will his Secret Service detail still be armed if he is in GenPop?

I think it likely there will be no time served......if the democrats do put him in the Bastille, then his protection would go with him........they may put him in home confinement.........

Then, he runs his Presidential campaign from home....

The charges seem to be minor misdemeanors so at worst he will get probation. If he gets a change of venue, he will be exonerated.

You forget.....the judge sentencing him will likely be a democrat....so the law isn't part of the equation...they will sentence him to the maximum sentence for this made up crime, then they will try to pull his Secret Service Protection so he can be murdered in prison.....

The democrats no longer care about pretending anymore.........

Only to the nuts among us. You people really have to dig to create a monster out of this man. Of course you'll do the same with any Republican who challenges your hold on power

Actually, I am glad they did this to Trump....I think of all the Republicans they could have politically lynched like this, he is the one most likely to be able to fight back against it........

The Trump Boomerang is a real thing....and the communist, bragg, should be watching the sky for spinning pieces of wood....

Actually, I am glad they did this to Trump....I think of all the Republicans they could have politically lynched like this, he is the one most likely to be able to fight back against it........

The Trump Boomerang is a real thing....and the communist, bragg, should be watching the sky for spinning pieces of wood....
Good point. People like Bush would never fight back. Most of us are tired of our guys trying to lay low hoping they won't be the next victim of radical leftists

Forum List

Back