Question about Food Stamps

TooTall

Gold Member
Apr 17, 2013
I, and other parents, were recently invited by the school to have breakfast with my grandson in Kindergarten. This program lasted three days, and his mother went on Monday, his father on Tuesday and I volunteered on Wednesday so neither of them would have to be late to work again that week.

They had two breakfast choices and several different drinks and the kids all seem to like what they served. While we were eating, the principle gave a little speech about the good meals they would have for lunch and that the school lunch program would be available all summer.

The question I have is, if there are a total of 21 meals a week (3 meals a day), and kids are fed 10 of them at school, does the amount of money they get in food stamps cover 11 meals a week?

I, and other parents, were recently invited by the school to have breakfast with my grandson in Kindergarten. This program lasted three days, and his mother went on Monday, his father on Tuesday and I volunteered on Wednesday so neither of them would have to be late to work again that week.

They had two breakfast choices and several different drinks and the kids all seem to like what they served. While we were eating, the principle gave a little speech about the good meals they would have for lunch and that the school lunch program would be available all summer.

The question I have is, if there are a total of 21 meals a week (3 meals a day), and kids are fed 10 of them at school, does the amount of money they get in food stamps cover 11 meals a week?

Depending on the number in the family and income............... I think FS gives between $100 and $400 credit for food.
School food is on a different budget. Many who do not get FS do still qualify for free or reduced school meals.

My kids school used to have a change jar to help out other kids that forget, lost or did not have enough lunch money.

I don't know. If it does it is not expressly considered. FS is usually based on Income and size of household. The probably ask about assets too, I would think.

Forum List

Back