Queen upset Trump Used Their song

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
I just heard on ABC news. That was the first thing I wondered when he came out to we are the champion.

He doesn't know you have to ask?

Small but another bad sign of a trump presidency. Intellectual property rights, the law, stealing, judgement, lawsuits, ignorance.

I just heard on ABC news. That was the first thing I wondered when he came out to we are the champion.

He doesn't know you have to ask?

Small but another bad sign of a trump presidency. Intellectual property rights, the law, stealing, judgement, lawsuits, ignorance.

But did Trump have intent?

Is anyone surprised that Trump would use it without permission, or that the owners would be offended?

Dumb ass, dope-addled rock stars are not always up to speed on the legals. That lucrative record deal they signed way back... it's part of the fine print, they are members of ASCAP and as such, their music can be available for public venues such as this without their express consent.

The artists are usually really shocked to discover there is nothing they can do. The RNC paid ASCAP the appropriate fee and they will get a royalty but they can't sue Trump or take any legal recourse. They can whine about it.... that's all.

Why dont bands automatically charge politicians for using their music? I would especially these 2. They have money....charge em.

My guess is that they really don't give a shit, but everything now is so hyper-politicized and hyper-sensitive that they feel an obligation to say something.

Well their frontman was gay and Trump's VP pick wants to 'Pray away the Gay'...

Think they have the right to be pissed... They knew they were getting rejected if they asked..

They're still alive????

Freddie isn't
Mercury? Oh yeah, god knows how many he infected with AIDS. But that's less libs to deal with.
Freddie told us how he contracted it.
The question is why do Republicans want to be associated with that? Something secret? Something closet?
Derp1.jpg

They're still alive????

Freddie isn't
Mercury? Oh yeah, god knows how many he infected with AIDS. But that's less libs to deal with.
Freddie told us how he contracted it.
The question is why do Republicans want to be associated with that? Something secret? Something closet?
He got it by using his body as an amusement park. I don't know who picked the song out, does Trump make all the decisions?

My guess is that they really don't give a shit, but everything now is so hyper-politicized and hyper-sensitive that they feel an obligation to say something.

Well their frontman was gay and Trump's VP pick wants to 'Pray away the Gay'...

Think they have the right to be pissed... They knew they were getting rejected if they asked..
Lots of other great songs out there. Maybe Trump was just trying to make them great again?

Just a zany thought but maybe the song was chosen because of the lyrics and tempo. Mercury's sex life or whether the surviving band members are Trump fans is utterly irrelevant.

Forum List

Back