Putin says Russia to use Middle East volunteer fighters

be patient folks---there are all sorts of factions
in the Balkans and the Middle east with all sorts
of agendas

Putin says Russia to use Middle East volunteer fighters​

11 Mar 2022 ~~ By Guy Fautconbridge

LONDON, March 11 (Reuters) - Russian President Vladimir Putin gave the green light on Friday for up to 16,000 volunteers from the Middle East to be deployed alongside Russian-backed rebels to fight in Ukraine, doubling down an invasion that the West says has been losing momentum.
The move, just over two weeks since Putin ordered the invasion, allows Russia to deploy battle-hardened mercenaries from conflicts such as Syria without risking additional Russian military casualties. read more
At a meeting of Russia's Security Council, Defence Minister Sergei Shoigu said there were 16,000 volunteers in the Middle East who were ready to come to fight alongside Russian-backed forces in the breakaway Donbass region of eastern Ukraine.

Commentary:
This move places Putin in a precarious position, If he begins to use mercenary troops to fight in the Ukraine, what keeps NATO and America from doing the same?
In addition, what should stop volunteer groups going to the aid of the Ukraine?
Has Putin opened his own Pandora's box?

Ukraine uses NATO mercenaries, Russia is being supported by its Arabic friends.
No problem

Ukraine uses NATO mercenaries, Russia is being supported by its Arabic friends.
No problem

Then perhaps the United Nations should send Peace Keeping forces into the Ukraine as they;ve done in the past with Korea, Serbia, Kosovo and elsewhere.

However, the UN is just another weak political entity that should be disbanded.

Money, the same "commitment" a couple of ex-GI "contractor" guys from my AO went to Ukraine for.....Good place for those ass-holes.

Lots of naive peeps up in this thread.

Of course it's about money. Maybe for some of them they are motivated by a hatred for the West or what have you.

In the end, no human will fight harder for money than someone fighting for their homeland and safety of their families. In some cases for the ability to see their children again. The man fighting for money will take his time and probably accept less risk than the man who believes it is do or die, he can't walk away.

Putin says Russia to use Middle East volunteer fighters​

I'm curious how you get people in other countries to VOLUNTEER to fight for you and risk their lives to their benefit?

Really hate Ukraines? Just anxious to die?

Well, now I guess democrats will be signing up in droves to volunteer to fight to protect Ukraine! I mean, don't they support Zelensky? Don't they hate Putin?

HOW MANY DEMOCRATS HERE SO FAR HAVE SIGNED UP TO GO FIGHT IN UKRAINE FOR ZELENSKY? Let's she a show of hands! :hhello:

Putin once again shows he is a master tactician. ... :thup:
Middle East fighters are battle hardened and very experienced in urban warfare. They will be a valuable asset in the house to house street fighting in the capitol city of Kyiv and other large cities.

Mercenaries and foreign fighters on the side of Ukraine. Criminals who are not entitled to the POW status. Putin who brings in Belarus and Syrians. Genius who is finding soldiers who can do what his own forces are incapable of doing.

Got it. Will someone please nuke Russia already?

Ohhh please, please can we send central American and Haitian invaders to fight Russians? What a fantastic idea. Round them up, and send them out. We have millions. If only it could really be.
We could pay premium contracts for MS-13 types. That's as close as we can come to the level of the viciousness of good, old-fashioned Islamic fundies.

Got it. Will someone please nuke Russia already?
The world is full of evil. I believe the day WILL come when someone uses a nuke again and I really hope I'm not around to see it. One of the things that makes this current violence so damned dangerous is that Putin instituted a policy in Russia that RELIES on using "small", tactical nukes to fight against enemies with superior conventional forces. That's his DOCTRINE.
Russia has manufactured a roughly 10:1 advantage of such tactical nukes. The rationale tries to turn "MAD" on its head. Instead of the use of those weapons being unthinkable, he believes they can be used in very precise, limited ways that will give his military the battlefield advantage while making his enemies face the choice of losing the battle or losing their NATION and maybe even the planet. THAT is how he thinks.

The world is full of evil. I believe the day WILL come when someone uses a nuke again and I really hope I'm not around to see it. One of the things that makes this current violence so damned dangerous is that Putin instituted a policy in Russia that RELIES on using "small", tactical nukes to fight against enemies with superior conventional forces. That's his DOCTRINE.
Russia has manufactured a roughly 10:1 advantage of such tactical nukes. The rationale tries to turn "MAD" on its head. Instead of the use of those weapons being unthinkable, he believes they can be used in very precise, limited ways that will give his military the battlefield advantage while making his enemies face the choice of losing the battle or losing their NATION and maybe even the planet. THAT is how he thinks.
One question. Will it make a dent in the Democrat population?

The problem is Putin. He believes war, nuclear war is likely, almost inevitable. He has convinced himself that he must push back, and create an empire to defend Russia and secure her place in the world.

He will attack a NATO member. He has to secure a route to Kaliningrad if nothing else. Poland or one of the Baltics is almost certain. When he does, it is game on. War.

We’ve seen Russia can barely beat an army which is a tiny fraction. Most of the troops are Conscripts. It saves his regulars for the main event. And I expect an attack to come before the Summer is over.

Putin will use Nukes. When he does the West will respond. He will fire more.

The biggest problem is that there is no such thing as a Tactical Nuke. Not when that line, once crossed, can’t be taken back. In less than a day after the first Tactical Nuke, all the missiles will be flying.

Putin is counting on the Western European nations to surrender. And they can’t. They won’t. It would cause mass riots by the people. It is why the Ukrainians are fighting so hard. They will not return to a Soviet Dominated Existence. He is dumb enough to think massive force will subdue the population into compliance.

The Nukes will almost certainly fly. Tomorrow. A month. Maybe six months. The one thing that might, might mind you, stay his hand is a clear message that we will defend nato to the limit, and beyond.

In all honesty. The best case scenario for this insanity is a new Cold War that will take decades to see through. The worst is nuclear war. And I really believe it is a coin toss. Heads Cold War. Tails, nuclear war.

Putin has made any other alternative impossible. And as the pain of the sanctions is being felt, he won’t admit he screwed up. He will double down. He is too proud to back down.

Putin once again shows he is a master tactician. ... :thup:
Middle East fighters are battle hardened and very experienced in urban warfare. They will be a valuable asset in the house to house street fighting in the capitol city of Kyiv and other large cities.
They will be cannon fodder that commit atrocities. Moslems can be decent fighters while events are going their way, but they vanish when things go badly. A perfect example of summer soldiers.

If the OP IS TRUE. Then it's not going well for Putin............If he's having to hire more people to go there then he must be having a hard time there.
This is the first war where a military considered their own logistics to be "mission creep" :auiqs.jpg:

I seriously doubt the ME fighters will come from Saudi Arabia.
My guess it will be mainly fighters from Syria bankrolled by Assad as a payback to Russia for their helping him win the civil war.
I'm pretty sure, that Sauidi's special forces need some experience of military actions on the European Theater against NATO-trained Army, and, at least psychologically, they need to taste some European blood, too.
It could be useful for them.
There are American "volunteers" fighting on the both sides in this conflict.

Last edited:
This could lead one to think that ME fighters will be willing to fight against America.
nothing new----muslim arabs fought with ROMMEL (big time nazi pig) in
the nazi African campaign during world war II------ask Eisenhower

Forum List

Back