Publix Grocery Store Under Fire For Refusing to Write Pro-Trans Message On A Cake

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
I worked in a store bakery for some years back when. We were told we can do anything the customer asks, as long as they will pay for it, and it's not of "adult" themes.

Most of the script was just generic shit though, even though the cakes were extravegant.

All the years twitter silenced conservatives, the left screamed IT'S A PRIVATE COMPANY...THEY CAN DO AS THEY PLEASE!

Should a black baker be forced to make a KKK cake? Should a muslim baker be forced to make a mohamed cake?

Fuck the perverts! I stand with PUBLIX!

What the hell did they want on the cake? "Happy lop-it-off day" ?

As long as the cake is baked and sold to whoever asks for it, what more is there to ask for? If the buyer wants a certain message written on top of the cake, why can't they do that much themselves at least?

You have a point too, as that's why I was on the fence.

All the years twitter silenced conservatives, the left screamed IT'S A PRIVATE COMPANY...THEY CAN DO AS THEY PLEASE!

Should a black baker be forced to make a KKK cake? Should a muslim baker be forced to make a mohamed cake?

Fuck the perverts! I stand with PUBLIX!

What the hell did they want on the cake? "Happy lop-it-off day" ?

That is correct.

If any business finds it against store policy, or derogatory, or not "family friendly", they can refuse.

Even with all the communism going on in this country right now, the written LAWS still guarantee us our rights and freedoms.

From the article…

The woman, who was purchasing the cake for a pro-trans campaign at her job, claimed that she asked for the message to be put on the cake with icing. However, the bakery decorated the cake with the words "people deserve joy," and provided the customer extra icing so she could add the word "trans" herself.

So…she couldn’t even bring herself to write “trans people deserve joy” - what the hell?

How is that even controversial? Everyone deserves joy…you would think.

From the article…

The woman, who was purchasing the cake for a pro-trans campaign at her job, claimed that she asked for the message to be put on the cake with icing. However, the bakery decorated the cake with the words "people deserve joy," and provided the customer extra icing so she could add the word "trans" herself.

So…she couldn’t even bring herself to write “trans people deserve joy” - what the hell?

1. It's their business.
2. Just because you give Trans people special treatment doesn't mean that everybody has to.

From the article…

What they SHOULD have done, was sell her the cake decorated the way she wanted, and then give her a bag of writing frosting so the customer could write whatever they wanted at home.

I had no idea a request to write a simple kind message like “trans people people deserve joy” on a cake would trigger so many people or be construed as demanding “special rights”.

I had no idea a request to write a simple kind message like “trans people people deserve joy” on a cake would trigger so many people or be construed as demanding “special rights”.

Trans people are people,.. mentally ill people, but people all the same. They deserve joy, but they also deserve a reality check.

It's not special rights.

They were told "no". Now if they accept it and go away I'm fine with that...if they bitch and moan I will mock them without mercy. :D

I'm torn about this. As much as I don't agree with the Transgender agenda, a person has the right to get what they want and are willing to pay for, but at the same time it's their business.

The govt should not force business owners to do business with anyone. The common argument is, "well some people would refuse to, say, do business with black or brown people". Well, that's disgusting then, and they deserve the backlash coming to them (if legitimate--we know how these things go).

I'm a free market gal. Let the free markets be mostly free.

Are you serious? Do you not recall the triggering a beer can did to these people a few weeks ago?

Forum List

Back