Published this Month in the Journal of Nobody Saw This Coming

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
The legalization of recreational marijuana is associated with a rise of injuries, substance abuse and car accidents, according to new research.

A study published Wednesday in the journal BMJ Open found that Colorado hospital admissions for cannabis abuse increased after the drug was legalized in the state.

Researchers found that car accidents in Colorado increased 10% after [marijuana] legalization, and increases in alcohol abuse and overdoses that resulted in injury or death increased by 5%.

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-...ties-legalizing-pot-to-car-accidents-injuries

British medical journal has bias to disagree with people self medicating taking away from the prestige of a doctor killing a patient through opioids..

Newsflash: Do not smoke pot if you're really drunk, you will get sick every time.
I never did. I could get sick from just drinking beer.

Beer is gross.

Wine is better.

To each their own. :)

Wine is too acidy for me. I need to get me a wine-saver cap so I don't have to drink the rest of the bottle after deglazing. Deglazing with wine does give things the proper flavor.

I hate, hate, hate the taste of hops. Have hated it my whole drinking age life and just cannot make myself like it. I'm fine if hubby gets me a strong stout or porter with very low hops--almost has a wine-like, rich flavor. But hops---BLECH

Newsflash: Do not smoke pot if you're really drunk, you will get sick every time.

Beer is gross.

Wine is better.

Wine is too acidy for me. I need to get me a wine-saver cap so I don't have to drink the rest of the bottle after deglazing. Deglazing with wine does give things the proper flavor.

I hate, hate, hate the taste of hops. Have hated it my whole drinking age life and just cannot make myself like it. I'm fine if hubby gets me a strong stout or porter with very low hops--almost has a wine-like, rich flavor. But hops---BLECH
Have you tried mead? That's good for a change, too.

Beer is gross.

Wine is better.

Same here. PBR is real Hoppy, Samuel Adams Boston Lager is like 3x the hops..awful!

Beer is gross.

Wine is better.

Have you tried mead? That's good for a change, too.

Honey mead is really good.

perhaps the people that got all giddy about legal weed and moved to colorado are just idiots that would have these accidents anyway.
We will never know, there was no control group.

The legalization of recreational marijuana is associated with a rise of injuries, substance abuse and car accidents, according to new research.

A study published Wednesday in the journal BMJ Open found that Colorado hospital admissions for cannabis abuse increased after the drug was legalized in the state.

Researchers found that car accidents in Colorado increased 10% after [marijuana] legalization, and increases in alcohol abuse and overdoses that resulted in injury or death increased by 5%.

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-...ties-legalizing-pot-to-car-accidents-injuries
Still a far safer alternative to other, legal drugs

Well duh. Don't smoke and drive.

They still don't come up to alcohol's numbers though.

Still a far safer alternative to other, legal drugs
Will you personally pay for the funerals of the family recently T boned by a driver smoking weed?

Give it time. The bodies we can stack on your doorstep.

Give it time. The bodies we can stack on your doorstep.
WTF does that even mean?

Forum List

Back