Public schools teaching kids that Mohamad is god messenger

Unfortunately....some people think that just the mentioning of Mohammed and/or islam is an endorsement.

Exactly - although to be fair, there are also those who yell and scream when Christianity is brought up in the context of American history. You just can't study history without also learning about the religions that influenced it. :)

Don't see that.....ever. (Not denying it never happens tho)

It's usually the athiest groups.

Exactly - although to be fair, there are also those who yell and scream when Christianity is brought up in the context of American history. You just can't study history without also learning about the religions that influenced it. :)

It's usually the athiest groups.

In the context of American History? Well, if you say so.

At 43 seconds, the fat guy holds up a copy of the book.

Here is the TOC of that book: http://assets.pearsonschool.com/asset_mgr/current/201132/WH 2011 survey TOC_35280.pdf

Hannity plainly says, "By the way, keep in mind it has zero chapters on Christianity or Judaism".

He lies.

Look at Chapter 5: Chapter 5 Ancient Rome and the Rise of Christianity

Hannity thinks his viewers are pretty stupid. And in many cases, he's spot on.

He absolutely depends on it.

Every time I click on a Lovebear topic I expect it to be debunked by the first page. This one didn't disappoint.

Disappointed in Hannity on this one.

I see nothing wrong with students learning about religion in the historical context. In fact, I don't have a problem with students to learn about religion in a religious contacts. I would have no problem if students read the Bible, Quran, Book of Mormon or countless other religious texts in their education process. Especially as it neither establishes a religion nor prevents the free exercise thereof.

I figure the more we know about each other, the less conflict we will have.

Unfortunately....some people think that just the mentioning of Mohammed and/or islam is an endorsement.

Really? Find any thread on the Founders and their faith and you will find countless atheists denying that Christianity and Judeo Christian values had absolutely no influence on the Founders and what they were trying to do when they established the nation.

Lets look at the level of reporting done here. The guy had the book right there. All Hannity had to do...THE LEAST he should've done was before claiming no Christianity was in the book was to open the books cover.

Hannity didn't have time and wasn't curious enough to open the books cover. The Cover!

WTF. How much uproar on the left about separating church and state when it comes to Christianity but they are going to teach this to our children. American children being indoctrinated with biased and false positive information about Islam - YouTube

What you will see is the left universally supporting islam. They simply are too challenged to realize that they are the infidel. They think when islam decides to kill off all the infidels, they will be spared. A Christian would be spared before an atheist. And no Christians will be spared.

Really? Find any thread on the Founders and their faith and you will find countless atheists denying that Christianity and Judeo Christian values had absolutely no influence on the Founders and what they were trying to do when they established the nation.

Denying the influence is NOT the same as COMPLAINING about religion being mentioned in a history book.

WTF. How much uproar on the left about separating church and state when it comes to Christianity but they are going to teach this to our children. American children being indoctrinated with biased and false positive information about Islam - YouTube

What you will see is the left universally supporting islam. They simply are too challenged to realize that they are the infidel. They think when islam decides to kill off all the infidels, they will be spared. A Christian would be spared before an atheist. And no Christians will be spared.

Thank you for proving you are incredibly gullible. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Denying the influence is NOT the same as COMPLAINING about religion being mentioned in a history book.

Didnt mention a history book. I mentioned denying religious influence in the context of American history, which is what we were talking.

What you will learn is that the foundations of our government came from secular advancements in government, not from the Bible.

Jesus didn't teach about separation of powers, democracy, the rights of individuals, habeas corpus, providing for the common defense, "life, liberty and property", etc.

The Magna Carta was not a religious document.

I thought the left universally support atheism.

So which is it? Atheism or Islam? Both? How can that be??

I thought the left universally support atheism.

So which is it? Atheism or Islam? Both? How can that be??

Her answer: Yes

Did a little bit of research on this and (not surprisingly) found out FOX is being incredibly dishonest once again.

The school teaches history in chronological order. This book (which is read during about 9th or 10th grade) is utilized only when the kids have arrived at the Middle Ages and (naturally) a larger chapter happens to be dedicated to Islam due to the time period.

What the "news" broadcast fails to mention is that the kids already have studied Christianity and Judaism extensively in prior years (which is shocking because Fox always looks at things holistically and never skews the facts to create ratings via sensationalism).

Last edited:

Didnt mention a history book. I mentioned denying religious influence in the context of American history, which is what we were talking.

Then you should have looked at the context in which I was replying.

Forum List

Back