Psychology ––––– hunting

Quiet you. Don't make me smack you with wet linguini. I'll do it too!

It goes to my point. The difference was there were pictures and it was focused on cats. This devolved into cats but didn't start as such. Plus Meister is also watching.

To the topic though, let's lean in to discuss feral pigs. Here they are a big deal and far worse than deer. We have a plethora of both full sized feral hogs and hogs that appear to have smashed with javelinas, who are also complete assholes.
I know of NO ONE who objects to hunting (and BBQing) Feral pigs.

I love wild boar - so lean, makes awesome chops and pulled pork.

I am Something. Just cautious about what I eat and how it's prepared.
{
Is it dangerous to eat wild boar?
Wild hogs, elk, bison, caribou, moose and deer can all potentially carry the bacteria, which can cause fever, chills, weight loss, and joint and muscle pain. The good news is that taking proper precautions when field dressing, butchering and cooking, wild hog is safe to eat for humans.
Источник: Is wild boar meat safe to eat?}

{
Is it dangerous to eat wild boar?
Wild hogs, elk, bison, caribou, moose and deer can all potentially carry the bacteria, which can cause fever, chills, weight loss, and joint and muscle pain. The good news is that taking proper precautions when field dressing, butchering and cooking, wild hog is safe to eat for humans.
Источник: Is wild boar meat safe to eat?}

Hmm, in some parts of the world it might be safe. But where I am, caution needs to be taken.
Fact sheets - Brucellosis and feral pig hunting fact sheet

Feral means domesticated animals that are wild.

So boars would not be feral, nor would foxes. Cats, dogs are most common as feral animals.

Los Angeles put a bounty on feral cats - let's just say it didn't go over well. Cats are the biggest problem in feral populations due to the damage they do to bird and squirrel populations, but you won't be popular if you start killing cats.
Feral does not necessarily mean domesticated that are wild. It can mean any wild animal. Dictionary.com Feral definition, existing in a natural state, as animals or plants; not domesticated or cultivated; wild.

Who said they eat raw meat? When there is a potential for disease within a pig, do you still eat it even though it's 'cooked' well? I'd still baulk at the opportunity.

Yeah, you're a Muslim.

The bacteria are killed at 140 degrees. Cook the meat and it's perfectly safe to eat - no different from deer, elk, or moose.

Forum List

Back