Prosecutor Misconduct

indago

VIP Member
Oct 27, 2007
Justin Fenton wrote for The Baltimore Sun 25 June 2016:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The lead Baltimore police detective in the Freddie Gray investigation said she reluctantly read to grand jurors a summary of evidence provided by prosecutors that she believed was misleading... Hours later, the grand jurors issued criminal indictments against six police officers in the arrest and death of Gray. ...Detective Dawnyell Taylor said in a daily log of case notes on the investigation that a prosecutor handed her a four-page, typed narrative at the courthouse just before she appeared before the grand jury.

"As I read over the narrative it had several things that I found to be inconsistent with our investigation," Taylor wrote, adding: "I thought the statements in the narrative were misquoted."

...When the jurors asked questions, including whether Gray's arrest was legal, Taylor wrote that prosecutors intervened before she could give an answer that would conflict with their assessment.

article

The detective better have her union lawyer on speed dial because the DA may come after her.

If the DA knowingly or refused to allow expert testimony on evidence to clarify what may be a transcribed error, said DA may be in big ass trouble.

Justin Fenton wrote for The Baltimore Sun 25 June 2016:
The lead Baltimore police detective in the Freddie Gray investigation said she reluctantly read to grand jurors a summary of evidence provided by prosecutors that she believed was misleading... Hours later, the grand jurors issued criminal indictments against six police officers in the arrest and death of Gray. ...Detective Dawnyell Taylor said in a daily log of case notes on the investigation that a prosecutor handed her a four-page, typed narrative at the courthouse just before she appeared before the grand jury.

"As I read over the narrative it had several things that I found to be inconsistent with our investigation," Taylor wrote, adding: "I thought the statements in the narrative were misquoted."

...When the jurors asked questions, including whether Gray's arrest was legal, Taylor wrote that prosecutors intervened before she could give an answer that would conflict with their assessment.

article
"Taylor noted that she told the grand jury she was only reading the statement and that this was not her investigation."

So, she warned the Grand Jurors that what she was testifying to would not be what was handed to her to read to the Grand Jury.

Forum List

Back