Proof Biden ignores the Constitution.

I understand that forgiving these kids if these student loans will be a big help to them, but, why should we allow someone to go to college on the governments (taxpayers) dime, so they can go out an led earn a higher wage than someone who wasn’t able to go to college? What’s in it for the average taxpayer? Perhaps the government should tell banks to forgive auto loans..that would help out a lot more people. The government helped out the auto industry, they bailed out banks, so now those industries should help out the American people right? Government can just send them a big fat check to cover it.

Obviously this isn’t the right thing to do, but you see my point. This is all fine and dandy for those who willingly took loans, in pursuit of a dream to live their dream and make a lot of money, but what about those who were not so fortunate, and are living a meager life, who have to pay for these students who wil likely have a better life than most, but got it all for free.

Is that right?

But you wont say I am wrong. Genocidal maniac.
Nope, not saying that:

1704227980088.png

Stop voting for Republicans... H.W. Bush is the last GOP President to decrease Defence Spending... Trump didn't even have a war to really spend it on..

Urkraine spending at least presents as value for money... Lets put this in context $2 trillion spent in Afghanistan... Yep you got it right 2 Trillion... So far Ukraine has cost US tax payer 76 billion as of 31st of July... $46 billion of this is military...

So they took 18 months to spend 26 times less than Afghanistan... They have brought one of largest adversities to its knees and all this without boots on the ground... In westpoint they will be giving lectures on how well Biden played this one..

1704228306744.png

Damn, this may be moved out of this thread if I give the long answer, but just 1 thing the govt did for the bankers loaning the money is make student loans the only loans in the ENTIRE banking world, of mortgages and auto loans and yaght loans, and personal loans for a facelift or a Gucci suit loans that can be forgivable for those filing bankruptcy and qualifying for bankruptcy, EXCEPT ONLY ONE TYPE LOAN, Student loans are never forgivable in dire straights, legal bankruptcy....but your facelift or boob job loan etc is forgivable??? That was a major gift given to the student loan banks....so the banks loaned to anybody, even those THEY KNEW would fail and to kids going to schools not having good records of the percentage of students ever graduating....
Irrelevant to the student loan law.

If student borrowers could declare bankruptcy, then they would all immediately rack up as much debt as they could and then declare bankruptcy the minute they graduated. That program would end up costing the taxpayers $trillions.
It isn't easy to file bankruptcy for individuals....

You act like just everybody can just do it....and that is simply not the case....

And why, when someone borrowing for a yaght be able to have that debt forgiven if they can qualify and file for bankruptcy, yet not for student debt?

And my point that loans are given that should not be, because of the loans being unforgivable?

All you have to do is read this in its entirety. Whining about the source won’t work here. If you disagree prove anything in the article wrong with credible links.

This documents several actions that prove he ignores the Constitution.

The cancellations have come through existing federal student loan forgiveness programs, which are limited to specific categories of borrowers, such as public-sector workers, people defrauded by for-profit colleges and borrowers who have paid for at least 20 years.

Those borrowers who are eligible for relief under Wednesday’s announcement qualify in one of two ways: either under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program, which wipes away remaining student loan debt after qualifying public-sector workers make 10 years’ worth of monthly payments; or because they have made at least 20 years of qualifying payments in an income-driven repayment program but didn’t previously get credit for all of their student loan payments.

Because, like your home mortgage is secured by the home, so is the yacht loan secured by the yacht. Are you people for real. What security is there on the student loan.
When anyone files for bankruptcy, like the person who owes on the yaght, the loan is no longer guaranteed to come back to the loan owners and gets put in the kitty with all other possessions/assets to be divided up by the bankruptcy court judge for ALL that he owes debt, ... to get a little...so many cents per dollar owed them all.... so in bankruptcy, those loans are not secured assets is my understanding...

Bankruptcy cancels debt owed... from a portion, to all of it, depending on the person filing circumstance, which a bankruptcy court decides.

And loaning money, without any fear of the bank losing it in a bankruptcy, of a person who the bank new was a higher risk of not graduating....say...because they were going to a college with a poor, low, graduation rate.... occurs...

afterall, there is no risk at all of losing the money....

This is taking advantage of the 18 year old with high hopes...imo, and makes for a bad loaning practice by the financial institutions.

The cancellations have come through existing federal student loan forgiveness programs, which are limited to specific categories of borrowers, such as public-sector workers, people defrauded by for-profit colleges and borrowers who have paid for at least 20 years.

Those borrowers who are eligible for relief under Wednesday’s announcement qualify in one of two ways: either under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program, which wipes away remaining student loan debt after qualifying public-sector workers make 10 years’ worth of monthly payments; or because they have made at least 20 years of qualifying payments in an income-driven repayment program but didn’t previously get credit for all of their student loan payments.

The Supreme Court says you and CNN are full of shit.

This is taking advantage of the 18 year old with high hopes...imo, and makes for a bad loaning practice by the financial institutions.
I don't agree with your understanding of bankruptcy. Loans secured by property are not subject to that bankruptcy. The bank takes a risk that the security won't be sufficient to repay the loan. But that is apples and oranges. As for your statement above ^^, An 18 year old is an adult. If they are not capable of making informed decisions, that is on them as it is for any 21, 30 or 50 year old person. Maybe we should take that decision out of their hands at 18 if they do not have the maturity to understand finance.

The Supreme Court says you and CNN are full of shit.
No I didn’t. You are confused. The sun has gone down so I get that your dementia kicks in now.

I linked the information that delineates between the programs Biden has authority to impact.

No I didn’t. You are confused. The sun has gone down so I get that your dementia kicks in now.

I linked the information that delineates between the programs Biden has authority to impact.
Sorry for your colossal ignorance.

Here, let me educate you, Simp.

I don't agree with your understanding of bankruptcy. Loans secured by property are not subject to that bankruptcy. The bank takes a risk that the security won't be sufficient to repay the loan. But that is apples and oranges. As for your statement above ^^, An 18 year old is an adult. If they are not capable of making informed decisions, that is on them as it is for any 21, 30 or 50 year old person. Maybe we should take that decision out of their hands at 18 if they do not have the maturity to understand finance.
And the adults and business owners like Trump who file for bankruptcy 6 separate times, are adults like 18 year old college students, yet in your mind, those adults twice the experience and age of the 18 year olds get to file for bankruptcy, and their millions of debt can be forgiven....? Why the two tiered system is ok with you is beyond my comprension....?

And the adults and business owners like Trump who file for bankruptcy 6 separate times, are adults like 18 year old college students, yet in your mind, those adults twice the experience and age of the 18 year olds get to file for bankruptcy, and their millions of debt can be forgiven....? Why the two tiered system is ok with you is beyond my comprension....?
You assume much. I don't agree with bankruptcy in any case. I believe an adult should be held responsible for themselves--unlike you, I don't believe the government, i.e. the taxpayer should have to bail anyone out. That is not what this country was founded on. If it was up to me, there would be at least a year of business and economics taught in high school and NO bankruptcies. The deadbeat college students have the education to earn the money to repay their loans. They are looking for a free ride on the backs of others---many of which were not afforded the luxury of higher education.

Bankruptcy laws were written by Congress, voted on by Congress and passed, then signed into law by the President.

Tater’s loan scheme did none of that.

Noodle on that for as long as it takes for you to figure out why the first is legal and the second illegal, Simp.

Bankruptcy laws were written by Congress, voted on by Congress and passed, then signed into law by the President.

Tater’s loan scheme did none of that.

Noodle on that for as long as it takes for you to figure out why the first is legal and the second illegal, Simp.
Correct. And following the legal measures of the Court system, it was shot down by the SC. THE JUDICIAL SYSTEM, WORKED as it is suppose to.

Forum List

Back