Zone1 Project H.O.O.D is reducing violent crime in Woodlawn while it's increasing in other parts of Chicago.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
This is proof that a strong grass roots presence in a violent community can have a profound effect. Pastor Brooks Project H.O.O.D organization is making a big difference in Woodlawn Chicago. This could and should be replicated in other Inner City war zones around the country.

This is proof that a strong grass roots presence in a violent community can have a profound effect. Pastor Brooks Project H.O.O.D organization is making a big difference in Woodlawn Chicago. This could and should be replicated in other Inner City war zones around the country.

The Project H.O.O.D. Violence Prevention Team has been working around the clock to resolve possible conflicts before they escalate.

Of course it will work! I've told you for months now that positive social action was the only way out of the trap of gun violence, domestic violence, and general corruption throughout.

That which is so curious is that 'you' would be the one who would raise the idea up the flag pole first!

Now are we going to hear a lot of 'is not, is not, is not, from your former confederates?

Sadly, most such programs eventually collapse, then back to crime as usual. :(

Sadly, most such programs eventually collapse, then back to crime as usual. :(
Yes, sadly. Do they collapse for some specific reasons and do they collapse due to outside political influence?

I believe that Americans are highly stigmatized to reject socially responsible solutions of the sort that MarathonMike has promoted here.

But just imagine!!

It would end up being 'he' who promoted it!!

Yes, sadly. Do they collapse for some specific reasons and do they collapse due to outside political influence?

I believe that Americans are highly stigmatized to reject socially responsible solutions of the sort that MarathonMike has promoted here.

But just imagine!!

It would end up being 'he' who promoted it!!
As soon as progress is realized interest wains. When problems arise again people don't resume the effort. People want short-term, one-time, magic bullet solutions.

Of course it will work! I've told you for months now that positive social action was the only way out of the trap of gun violence, domestic violence, and general corruption throughout.

That which is so curious is that 'you' would be the one who would raise the idea up the flag pole first!

Now are we going to hear a lot of 'is not, is not, is not, from your former confederates?
Dont overlook single mothers and fatetless children, drugs and welfare dependance as contributors to crime also

Dont overlook single mothers and fatetless children, drugs and welfare dependance as contributors to crime also
Absolutely!
I as a Canadian will be the last to forget them!
I just take it a step further along with Mike, on pursuing answers to the reasons why?

And fwiw, you are the second surprise on becoming involved in a discussion on 'social' responsibility!

I've been posting about Pastor Brooks and Project H.O.O.D for a couple of years now. He is a great man and he is doing what no one thought was possible. It's not about you or me or my "former confederates" whoever that is.

BS. As long as there are no jobs in this community, Project Hood will become a temporary fix. We don't need the white mans opinion on what works. Poor white communities with no jobs are also full of violence, drug addiction and anti social behavior.

How about we overlook that and talk about lack of economic development because:

“In 1965, Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan’s report, The Negro Family: The Case for National Action, attributed racial inequality as well as poverty and crime in the black community to family structure, particularly the prevalence of families headed by single mothers. Not only did research at the time cast doubt on this causality, but evidence over the last the 50 years demonstrates that rates of child poverty, educational attainment, and crime do not track rates of single parenthood. Thus, even though the share of children living with a single mother rose for all racial and ethnic groups through the mid-1990s and has remained high since then, school completion and youth arrests for violent crimes have declined significantly, while poverty rates have fluctuated according to economic conditions. Family structure does not drive racial inequity, and racial inequity persists regardless of family structure.”

“The median white single parent has 2.2 times more wealth than the median black two-parent household and 1.9 times more wealth than the median Latino two-parent household.”

-Amy Traub, Laura Sullivan, Tatjana Meschede and Thomas Shapiro, DEMOS, “The Asset Value of Whiteness: Understanding the Racial Wealth Gap.”

How about we overlook that and talk about lack of economic development because:

“In 1965, Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan’s report, The Negro Family: The Case for National Action, attributed racial inequality as well as poverty and crime in the black community to family structure, particularly the prevalence of families headed by single mothers. Not only did research at the time cast doubt on this causality, but evidence over the last the 50 years demonstrates that rates of child poverty, educational attainment, and crime do not track rates of single parenthood. Thus, even though the share of children living with a single mother rose for all racial and ethnic groups through the mid-1990s and has remained high since then, school completion and youth arrests for violent crimes have declined significantly, while poverty rates have fluctuated according to economic conditions. Family structure does not drive racial inequity, and racial inequity persists regardless of family structure.”

“The median white single parent has 2.2 times more wealth than the median black two-parent household and 1.9 times more wealth than the median Latino two-parent household.”

-Amy Traub, Laura Sullivan, Tatjana Meschede and Thomas Shapiro, DEMOS, “The Asset Value of Whiteness: Understanding the Racial Wealth Gap.”
Well, even clueless lib academics are entitled to their opinion

Moynihan is using common sense, they arent

BS. As long as there are no jobs in this community, Project Hood will become a temporary fix. We don't need the white mans opinion on what works. Poor white communities with no jobs are also full of violence, drug addiction and anti social behavior.
Look who came out of hiding to crap on Pastor Brooks and Project H.O.O.D again! My old friend ImtooAngry. Still angry and still wrong, some things never change.

Forum List

Back