Professional Wrestler caught in the New Jersey trap....had a gun legal in Florida, foolishly carried it in fascist New Jersey....needs to change.

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
As the article asks....

I’m not aware of any other constitutionally-protected right that ends at the border of the state where you live, but when it comes to the right to keep and bear arms that’s unfortunately where things currently stand in the courts.
--------------
Florida doesn’t have a gun registration law, so whoever told TMZ that Deville’s firearm was registered in that state is incorrect, though it sounds like Deville did lawfully possess the firearm, at least while she was in her home state. Because she brought the gun with her to New Jersey, however Deville is now facing the potential of three to five years in prison for illegally possessing a firearm.

I’d love to see Deville and her attorneys mount a Second Amendment-related challenge to the charges, but honestly I’d be surprised if this case makes it to trial. Deville is a pretty sympathetic defendant given her previous run-in with a violent stalker and prosecutors may not want to make her the poster child for the state’s draconian gun control laws, so a plea deal (or at least an offer) is probably forthcoming.

Even if Deville manages to avoid a conviction and a potential prison sentence, the underlying issue is still out there and unaddressed. If the Second Amendment isn’t a second-class right as the Supreme Court has said, then why is it the only right that stops at the borders of your home state? Sonya Deville didn’t lose her freedom of speech when she entered New Jersey. Her Fourth Amendment protections against unreasonable searches and seizures didn’t vanish when she crossed the state line. So why should her right to keep and bear arms be negated because she left Florida and traveled to New Jersey?

As the article asks....

I’m not aware of any other constitutionally-protected right that ends at the border of the state where you live, but when it comes to the right to keep and bear arms that’s unfortunately where things currently stand in the courts.
--------------
Florida doesn’t have a gun registration law, so whoever told TMZ that Deville’s firearm was registered in that state is incorrect, though it sounds like Deville did lawfully possess the firearm, at least while she was in her home state. Because she brought the gun with her to New Jersey, however Deville is now facing the potential of three to five years in prison for illegally possessing a firearm.

I’d love to see Deville and her attorneys mount a Second Amendment-related challenge to the charges, but honestly I’d be surprised if this case makes it to trial. Deville is a pretty sympathetic defendant given her previous run-in with a violent stalker and prosecutors may not want to make her the poster child for the state’s draconian gun control laws, so a plea deal (or at least an offer) is probably forthcoming.

Even if Deville manages to avoid a conviction and a potential prison sentence, the underlying issue is still out there and unaddressed. If the Second Amendment isn’t a second-class right as the Supreme Court has said, then why is it the only right that stops at the borders of your home state? Sonya Deville didn’t lose her freedom of speech when she entered New Jersey. Her Fourth Amendment protections against unreasonable searches and seizures didn’t vanish when she crossed the state line. So why should her right to keep and bear arms be negated because she left Florida and traveled to New Jersey?
It's not a constutionally protected right. That's why the new jersey law is constitutional and still stands.

/thread

As the article asks....

--------------

Well that figures 2A!
A professional wrestler carrying an illegal gun where he shouldn't be!
14Shooter will likely apply the 'fake news' label to one of us at least.

Indeed.
But, fear not -- gun registration will eventually be struck, limiting, if not eliminating, the ability of a state like NJ from prosecuting someone not from NJ who otherwise legally possesses a firearm.

"The Court has little difficulty concluding also that the plain text of the Second Amendment protects Koch’s and Nash’s proposed course of conduct—carrying handguns publicly for self-defense" -- this right, and the protection for same, applies to the whole of the United States, and thus does not end at the border of the state you live in - or that of a state hostile to said right.

Anti-gun loons start with "I hate guns" and work backwards from there.

Last edited:
As the article asks....

--------------

Stay out of blue states! They're fascist shitholes.

"Your government is pushing euthanasia on kids."

If only the kids could stay on topic?
I could make this into something that could be sensible to discuss.

Not so with these clowns!

As the article asks....

--------------

You never heard of Roe v Wade and it’s overturning by an activist court?

You never heard of Roe v Wade and it’s overturning by an activist court?

It wasn't Constitutional.......killing a baby is not legal........it isn't an activist court...it is a Constitutional court...........

It wasn't Constitutional.......killing a baby is not legal........it isn't an activist court...it is a Constitutional court...........
It was constitutional for 50 years until the christian taliban came.

It was constitutional for 50 years until the christian taliban came.

And the democrats in the Supreme Court kept separate but equal Constitutional for 70 years…but it was still unConstitutional.

And the democrats in the Supreme Court kept separate but equal Constitutional for 70 years…but it was still unConstitutional.
Sure sure, and it was a Liberal court that rendered Plessy dead with the Brown decision.

Forum List

Back