Professional sports leagues post WUFLU.

Crixus

Gold Member
Oct 9, 2015
BFE Texas.
How is this going to shake out for them if they don't play until next year? Guys like Tom Brady and other older players of various sports? And leagues like the NBA who are pretty much bankrolled by China? Think things will just slowly get back to normal and be forgotten, with allot of older players careers ending with last year being their final seasons?

Are you kidding? There is talk that sports will not be allowed for at least 12 maybe 18 months at least with fans in the seats. Welcome to the "New Normal"

I think sports as we know them are over, at least until there's a vaccine and this thing can go the way of the measles.

Until such a time, I think people will willfully continue to practice some level of social distancing. This could impact attendance at sporting events. Those who do attend events will endeavor to minimize their contact with others, and spend a bit more time tailgating than in line at the beer counter. Personally, I've no desire to jump right back into that environment. As it sits right now, I won't be renewing my season tickets for the Jaguars.

For the players, I think any new contracts will have a "Covid Clause" in them, which guarantees the player gets paid at least a percentage, if not the whole contract amount, if he doesn't play because of Covid-19 concerns.

I don't follow basketball, so I don't know anything about who's bankrolling what, so I can't really opine beyond that which I already have.

I think your Tom Brady's and your Drew Breeze's will decide to finally just retire. They've got nothing more to prove...

Are you kidding? There is talk that sports will not be allowed for at least 12 maybe 18 months at least with fans in the seats. Welcome to the "New Normal"

Wow. That's scarey. Those guys were played allot of money. Hope they get to keep it! I can't skating ESPN classics for 12 years!

I think sports as we know them are over, at least until there's a vaccine and this thing can go the way of the measles.

Until such a time, I think people will willfully continue to practice some level of social distancing. This could impact attendance at sporting events. Those who do attend events will endeavor to minimize their contact with others, and spend a bit more time tailgating than in line at the beer counter. Personally, I've no desire to jump right back into that environment. As it sits right now, I won't be renewing my season tickets for the Jaguars.

For the players, I think any new contracts will have a "Covid Clause" in them, which guarantees the player gets paid at least a percentage, if not the whole contract amount, if he doesn't play because of Covid-19 concerns.

I don't follow basketball, so I don't know anything about who's bankrolling what, so I can't really opine beyond that which I already have.

I think your Tom Brady's and your Drew Breeze's will decide to finally just retire. They've got nothing more to prove...

That's a bummer about your tickets, but honestly, the tail gating aspect seems more fun.

That's a bummer about your tickets, but honestly, the tail gating aspect seems more fun.

Well, let's be honest here. It's not like the Jaguars are always on the verge of going to the show, know what I'm sayin'?

And we tailgate at a professional level. A buddy of mine bought a school bus and we renovated the whole thing, in Jaguars livery, to use for tailgating at games.

We removed the last few rows of seats, removed the bulkheads and installed a smoker and a grille...

49774417882_37028240e9_o.jpg

Parked in one of the lots at TIAA Bank Field:

49773557998_b26b1e3cee_o.jpg

Inside while screaming up I-95:

49774417867_3e28fd2110_o.jpg

A tree came down on top of it during one of the hurricanes so, instead of repairing the dent, the owner of the bus opted for a giant jaguar paw print:

49774417897_6f78f7fd86_o.jpg

Last edited:

Well, let's be honest here. It's not like the Jaguars are always on the verge of going to the show, know what I'm sayin'?

And we tailgate at a professional level. A buddy of mine bought a school bus and we renovated the whole thing, in Jaguars livery, to use for tailgating at games.

We removed the last few rows of seats, removed the bulkheads and installed a smoker and a grille...

A tree came down on top of it during one of the hurricanes so, instead of repairing the dent, the owner of the bus opted for a giant jaguar paw print:

Nice rig.

Nice rig.

Thanks.

It took about eight months for the build out, and there are still things the owner wants to do to it.

One thing that was done by design, but went unnoticed until some little ten year old kid called us out on it, is that the black and gold are reversed. On the Jags helmet (at the time) the black was in front. We put the black in the back because the smoker and the grill are back there...

Nice rig.
Looks like fun

Forum List

Back