Problem with my droid phone Samsung Galaxy S5.

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
The other day I noticed that my time was wrong. All of a sudden it went back to daylight savings all by itself. I then went an manually switched it back and when I put it back into default, it went right back to daylight savings,

THEN....

On my texting, it displays daylight savings even though I manually switched to standard.

THEN.....

For some reason when I text someone back, my text message appears ABOVE the text that was sent TO ME. Meaning the texts are all out of order.

Anyone have any potential solutions?

The other day I noticed that my time was wrong. All of a sudden it went back to daylight savings all by itself. I then went an manually switched it back and when I put it back into default, it went right back to daylight savings,

THEN....

On my texting, it displays daylight savings even though I manually switched to standard.

THEN.....

For some reason when I text someone back, my text message appears ABOVE the text that was sent TO ME. Meaning the texts are all out of order.

Yeah.

Get an Iphone. Google sells your information.

At least upgrade to the S7. What do you think this is? 2015?

THEN....

THEN.....

From what I heard galaxy has more problems than that you just didn't noticed it.
Get iPhone.

THEN....

THEN.....

Google sells your information.

?

That's true. If you have a google account with gmail and you use the same email somewhere else. Then your info like your pictures etc. will be shared. Example. If you have a youtube account tied to your gmail then your info are shared. Started March 2012.

My Motorola Droid Turbo won't charge anymore. It's had a rough life being with me on backpacking trips and working in dusty conditions.

I gave up on the privacy thing a couple years ago. Google knows where I'm at all the time. I don't care anymore.

I like the big screens of some of the Android phones. iPhones are so tiny. But it's expensive to get a new phone every year.

My Motorola Droid Turbo won't charge anymore. It's had a rough life being with me on backpacking trips and working in dusty conditions.

I gave up on the privacy thing a couple years ago. Google knows where I'm at all the time. I don't care anymore.

I like the big screens of some of the Android phones. iPhones are so tiny. But it's expensive to get a new phone every year.

Get yourself one of those ultra-protective cases like Lifeproof or an Otterbox. They are well worth the money for those of us who live an outdoorsy lifestyle and work a dirty job.

Get yourself one of those ultra-protective cases like Lifeproof or an Otterbox. They are well worth the money for those of us who live an outdoorsy lifestyle and work a dirty job.

The screen and the casing are okay. It's the charging port that's the problem, assuming it's not a software issue.

Seems like it has to be the charging port since during the final weeks it required more and more jostling to get it to charge. And the charging port is soldered in so it can't easily be swapped out

THEN....

THEN.....

Factory reset. Keep it, it is the best Samsung phone.

The screen and the casing are okay. It's the charging port that's the problem, assuming it's not a software issue.

Seems like it has to be the charging port since during the final weeks it required more and more jostling to get it to charge. And the charging port is soldered in so it can't easily be swapped out

That's the problem with the main USB charging ports on most mobile electronics. Those are pieces if shit.

Iphone 6+ are cheap atm. Well, cheaper. Check it out. You might like it.

Paying for mobile phone calls?

Serves you right.

Having noticed that I'm almost never far away from a free wi-fi network I've added Ooma mobile to my tablet. Now, in fairness, I (some months ago) bought an Ooma VOIP system for about $100 and replace my $40/month landline with it at $4.22/month and international calling for just over one cent/minute. The mobile app was free - but had to get it from the Ooma website as Apple won't allow it in their app store (they apparently have an competing proprietary VOIP system). It won't replace your cell phone entirely but (and you can put it on smartphones, not just pads) but it can minimize your use of the expensive carrier cell networks and cut your bill radically.

THEN....

THEN.....

Yeah.

Get an Iphone. Google sells your information.

At least upgrade to the S7. What do you think this is? 2015?
Apple my not "sell" your information, but........

Apple Says It Isn't Interested in Your Data: Here's What Apple Does and Doesn't Know About You

Forum List

Back