pro or con the second amendment?

i vote

• Total voters
I'm a bluecollar redneck from rural Vermont

Not that i'd openly stigmatize myself here, but one look at my existence is rather telling......

~S~

I'm pro second amendment but the second amendment that acknowledges the words "A well regulated militia" at the the beginning. If you want to own and keep a gun you should have to join a well regulated militia (not a militia of weekend warrior yahoos but something equivalent to the national guard) and follow their regulations with regards to what type up guns you can keep and how.

During that time there was no such thing as a military grade weapon versus a civilian weapon. They never foresaw an M-16, night vision goggles or laser sights. But they did realize there would be advancements in technology. So it doesn't matter whether we are in 1775, 2023 or 3050. Those amendments were written to include advancements of everything. Liberal arguments would have us going back to horse and buggy or flintlock firearms or even using a corner of a bedsheet for a condom..
the second part of my comment should cover that,,

the people should have anything that may be used against them,,

I'm pro second amendment but the second amendment that acknowledges the words "A well regulated militia" at the the beginning. If you want to own and keep a gun you should have to join a well regulated militia (not a militia of weekend warrior yahoos but something equivalent to the national guard) and follow their regulations with regards to what type up guns you can keep and how.
This dude north of me tried to start a militia , the feds shut him down quicker than sh*t thru a goose.....~S~

And how is that douche bag?

Isn't it funny Mike how all you hear for years is that the Constitution is a living document which needs reinterpreted to bring it up to date, but then when someone reads into the 2nd Amendment what the Founders wanted, they immediately revert to demanding it be taken literally by the letter of the writing and NOT ONE STEP FARTHER!

Kinda like saying that LGBTQ rights are one of the great pressing issues of the day all the while supporting Hamas, an organization who executes people for being gay.

Pro.
download (12).png

If you want to own and keep a gun you should have to join a well regulated militia

Then why did they give the right to the people, and not just the militia?

And how is that douche bag?

I have to take exception to your calling CRAPitus a “douche bag”. A literal douche bag gets to come into close proximity to a woman's uncovered intimate parts, a privilege which surely no woman of any worth would ever extend to CRAPitus. But then it appears that CRAPitus' slip-on footwear is so deficient in mass that he wouldn't be interested in a woman's intimate parts anyway.

Isn't it funny Mike how all you hear for years is that the Constitution is a living document which needs reinterpreted to bring it up to date, but then when someone reads into the 2nd Amendment what the Founders wanted, they immediately revert to demanding it be taken literally by the letter of the writing and NOT ONE STEP FARTHER!

Kinda like saying that LGBTQ rights are one of the great pressing issues of the day all the while supporting Hamas, an organization who executes people for being gay.
They all sound just like the religmo fundies Toob....~S~

If you want to own and keep a gun you should have to join a well regulated militia

Idiot, you ARE part of a well-regulated militia if you own a gun in this country. Welcome to the club.

"Well-regulated" in 1776 parlance means well-armed.

You cannot place CONDITIONS on a god-given right; that would then make it a PRIVILEGE.

Then why did they give the right to the people, and not just the militia?
They didn't give the right to all the people. The original purpose of the second amendment was for States, particularly Southern slave owning one's, to muster a fighting force capable of quickly putting down slave revolts in the context of a country that had no standing army.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State....". The slaves are what constantly threatened slave State security.

That said the text of the secondment amendment, whatever it's origins, certainly doesn't say "Any clown arming himself with whatever he deems prudent, is necessary to the security of a free State....". They meant for people with arms to be regulated. It says it plain as day.

About this "well regulated militia B.S.

I'm retired military. Retired military personnel are in the ready reserve until age 65. After age 65 a retired military person is eligible for recall up to age 85. Don't believe me, ask Google. I'll be 84 in December so I have to keep my fingers crossed that Hamas won't attack America and Uncle Sam throw me into the meat grinder for another 13 months. I don't know what the age requirements for civilian gun fodder is but in my opinion every able bodied man is subject to the 2nd Amendment.

Forum List

Back