‘Pro-Life’ Idaho Republican: Religious Parents Should Be Allowed To Kill Their Kids

This is interesting.

All these "pro life" conservatives aren't condemning this. They're making excuses and pointing fingers.

I guess they all agree with this bill that conservative christian extremists have every right to kill their children.

Which I find extremely disgusting but not surprising.
I condemn it. I would bet almost all Christian denominations would condemn it as well. Sound judgment in modern times should prevail in these specific type cases.

I have no idea what some in Idaho are trying to do, but it is not a Christian value as far as I am concerned.

Yeah, they aren't doing what the OP says.

The dems are striving to get the law changed so that Christian parents can be prosecuted for choosing alternative treatments for their kids, and this Republican lawmaker is putting up barriers. Meanwhile, they think that the same parents should be able to euthanize their kids if their kids have disabilities.

It's just another push being made to target and imprison Christians.
Do persecution complex much? Speaking out against a potentially murderous law is not persecution.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

If democrats don't want a religious exemption change the law. It's been the law for decades. Republicans didn't just pass it.

Meanwhile start prosecuting liberal parents who let children die rather than have vaccinations as well. No more double standards.
Republicans don't even believe in science. Where do you think this entire "anti science anti vaccination" idiocy started?

The bottom line is that it's no surprise. We know Republicans care deeply about the unborn, but once born, they lose interest as fast as they cut the umbilical chord. The very people who will do anything for the unborn, will say cut food stamps and health care and day care for babies.

Nonsense. The thread is a joke, and the title is a lie.

Republicans in Idaho and elsewhere have no interest in *killing* children. That's a fabrication. It isn't like they are advocating that the children have their spines snipped or they be ripped apart.

They are just saying the state cannot prosecute parents because they choose alternate treatment methods for their children. But the statists, per usual, think the state should dictate what sort of care and when it is provided.

See, this child must undergo painful and sickening chemo, even if he's dying...

But this child should be euthanized.

Depending on the day and the progressive nutbag in charge.

The important thing..the parents have no say.
"Alternative methods"

Yeah. Prayer and sitting on yer fat ass, waiting for the grim reaper.

Helluvan "alternative".

Geez.

God gave doctors skill and knowledge. That's good enough for me. Why liberals don't believe in vaccinations is mystifying since they certainly don't believe God will protect them from disease.

Oh, really?

I know of not one single Lib who is against vaccinations, but I can show you a slew of Cons who are against it.

Rep. Barry Loudermilk Boasts About Refusing To Vaccinate His Kids Right Wing Watch
So you found one. The pockets where disease is spread are inarguably white, young and liberal. The largest is Marin in Northern California. It is young, liberal, mothers who take their children to disease parties where the children interact with sick children while mommy sips chardonnay.

These over educated idiots get their medical advice from Jenny McCarthy and Jim Carrey.

The religious sects that believe in faith healing and reject medical care aren't republicans. They don't vote. They live under secular authority but are not part of that authority. They live in God's Kingdom and don't vote.

If democrats don't want a religious exemption change the law. It's been the law for decades. Republicans didn't just pass it.

Meanwhile start prosecuting liberal parents who let children die rather than have vaccinations as well. No more double standards.
Republicans don't even believe in science. Where do you think this entire "anti science anti vaccination" idiocy started?
We believe in science, what is proven fact science that is. Science has proven many things, yet they have conjectured about many more. They have theories about this and that, which are not provable, yet some people accept them as facts, and then later on, those same theories are changed and again some people accept them as facts, much like religion is a changing process, so to is science.

The bottom line is that it's no surprise. We know Republicans care deeply about the unborn, but once born, they lose interest as fast as they cut the umbilical chord. The very people who will do anything for the unborn, will say cut food stamps and health care and day care for babies.
We have no problem(for the most part) with people who need help getting food stamps, we have a problem with some of those same people, making a car payment on a 75k dollar car, when a 4k dollar used car works as good or better than the one they are driving.

We have no problem with health care on the open market, we just don't think it should be mandatory, that anyone(even you) has to buy health care, we believe that if you make that decision not to have health care when you can afford it, and you get sick, pay for it out of pocket, or mortgage your home if you have to, to pay for it. That is called freedom, not that you would know.

And we have no problems with day care for working parents, but we have a problem with day care for children, whose parents spend the day, selling drugs, doing drugs, laying around the house, or just want to unload their kids for a few hours everyday, even though they have no job.

Republicans in Idaho and elsewhere have no interest in *killing* children. That's a fabrication. It isn't like they are advocating that the children have their spines snipped or they be ripped apart.

They are just saying the state cannot prosecute parents because they choose alternate treatment methods for their children. But the statists, per usual, think the state should dictate what sort of care and when it is provided.

"Alternative methods"

Helluvan "alternative".

Geez.

Yet you cheer for adolescents' *right to die* if they're feeling a little blue. I bet.

It's all just anti-Christian bigotry. We expect it and know how to deal with it.

Faith Healing: Religious Freedom vs. Child Protection
Posted by Harriet Hall on November 19, 2013 (92 Comments)
We have written a lot about people who reject science-based medicine and turn to complementary/alternative medicine (CAM), but what about people who reject the very idea of medical treatment?

Faith healing is widely practiced by Christian Scientists, Pentecostalists, the Church of the First Born, the Followers of Christ, and myriad smaller sects. Many of these believers reject all medical treatment in favor of prayer, anointing with oils, and sometimes exorcisms. Some even deny the reality of illness. When they reject medical treatment for their children, they may be guilty of negligence and homicide. Until recently, religious shield laws have protected them from prosecution; but the laws are changing, as are public attitudes. Freedom of religion has come into conflict with the duty of society to protect children. The right to believe does not extend to the right to endanger the lives of children. A new book by Cameron Stauth, In the Name of God: The True Story of the Fight to Save Children from Faith-Healing Homicide, provides the chilling details of the struggle. He is a master storyteller; the book grabs the reader’s attention like a fictional thriller and is hard to put down. He is sympathetic to both the perpetrators and the prosecutors of religion-motivated child abuse, and he makes their personalities and their struggles come alive.

Rita Swan: From Christian Scientist to Crusader
Rita and Doug Swan were Christian Scientists who firmly believed that disease was an illusion, and that “the most dangerous thing they could do was to show lack of faith in God by relying on medical treatment.” (One wonders just how strong their belief was, since when an ovarian cyst caused intractable pain, Rita had surgery to remove it.) When their baby Matthew developed a fever, they paid a Christian Science practitioner to come to their home and pray over him. She told them fever was just fear; and indeed, Matthew recovered.

At age 16 months, Matthew developed a fever again and this time he didn’t improve with the practitioner’s prayers. Rita and Doug were worried but unwilling to reject the lifelong beliefs that made sense of their lives. Rather than taking Matthew to a doctor, they compromised by calling in a second Christian Science practitioner. The practitioner accused Rita of sabotaging her work with fear, and both parents believed that defects in their own thoughts were responsible for Matthew’s illness. Eventually they called in a Christian Science “nurse” (trained in metaphysics, not medicine). She did nothing except talk to Rita. Shortly after she left, Matthew began having convulsions. The desperate parents found an escape strategy: they would take Matthew to a doctor with the complaint of a broken bone (something the Church allowed to be treated by a doctor), and would not mention the fever. He was quickly diagnosed with bacterial meningitis and a brain abscess. They had waited too long. Despite intravenous antibiotics and surgery to relieve pressure on the brain, Matthew died.

Faith Healing Religious Freedom vs. Child Protection Science-Based Medicine
Where is the part about vaccinations?
still dodging and still an asshole...

What is disgusting is your dishonest attempt to equate the free exercise of religious beliefs with the intentional murder of an unborn child.

I didn't say one word about an unborn child. That's not what this thread is about.

It's about conservatives making it legal for parents to deny medical treatment to their child that results in the child's death.

So you're saying that religion can be used as an excuse to kill a child?

Wow.
It's been legal for decades. More than 100 years. Did you imagine that refusal of medical care on religious grounds was something that republicans just invented?

If the doctor doesn't like it he can do what doctors have always done, go to court and get a guardian ad litem appointed to make medical decisions on behalf of the child.

This is not new. It is so old it creaks already.

You're talking about something very different. You're talking about someone who is brain dead or in a persistent vegetative state, or living wills.

What I'm talking about is a child who has a very curable or maintainable condition. A condition that will kill that child if that child doesn't get medical help.

Please stop trying to change the subject.

It's funny to see all you conservatives make excuses or point fingers or try to change the subject. I guess you don't want to talk about the subject of this thread. If that's the case, why are you posting and reading this thread?
I think it's idiotic as Hell for a parent to withhold medical treatment from a child. I think those parents who claim to be Christian while doing this, have been taught just bits and pieces of the Bible, and need to change Churches.

It's much like this story:
A building was on fire, a man was trapped on the 5th floor, and the man was a devout Christian. He got down on his knees and prayed for The Lord to save him, the Lord answered him and said, 'I will save you from this fire.'
Just then the window got busted in, and a fireman came through it, 'come on let's go' the fireman said, the man said 'no' the Lord has said He will save me.'
As soon as the fireman left, the door got broken down, and a police man said 'come on le'ts go' the man refused for the same reason.
The policeman left and the ceililing came crashing down in one spot. A construction worker with a sledgehammer was busting his way to the bottom floor, , he begged the man to come with him and the man refused yet again.
An hour later the building finally collapsed and the man woke up in the presence of God, and the man asked God, why did you let me die, when you promised to save me.
The Lord said, 'I tried to save you 3 times yet you refused My help.'
God gave doctors skill and knowledge. That's good enough for me. Why liberals don't believe in vaccinations is mystifying since they certainly don't believe God will protect them from disease.
god gave jack shit to doctors and everybody else.
you are a prime of god's (if one existed ) taste for the absurd and ridiculous..

"Alternative methods"

Helluvan "alternative".

Geez.

Yet you cheer for adolescents' *right to die* if they're feeling a little blue. I bet.

It's all just anti-Christian bigotry. We expect it and know how to deal with it.
right? pray the gay away? or send the to a jesus camp for salvation education ?

What religious denominations don't vaccinate their children?
BEST ANSWER: the same ones that teach those children that sexual orientation is a choice.

This is a perfect example of pro life conservatives. Force a woman to carry a pregnancy to term, give birth then allow her to kill that child by refusing any medical help and only using prayer to cure the child. Which we all know kills children.

There's nothing pro life about this and it's disgusting that there are politicians in our nation that want to let people get away with murdering their living and breathing children.

"Those aren't my words." -Dana7360

Not your words? :bsflag:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back