Pro-life at 51%

Those fetuses and lumps of cell tissue are things that grow into viable adult humans.... not really just lumps of tissue... big difference
There isn't a big difference. A fetus at 12 weeks is more like a rat than it as a full-term infant. It is completely non-sentient at that point (a rat has more cognitive functions) and cannot function without the mother as it's host.

An infant at 24 weeks has higher brain functions and can even survive outside the womb.

So, put safe & sane limits on it, by all means. I would not by any means oppose limits on abortion after the first trimester. But stop pretending that an early fetus is a baby. It isn't...YET.

Newborn = already born. It's not a parasitic life at that point and someone else can take it. Next attempt to twist the discussion. This is about fetuses and lumps of cell tissue.

Not a parasite?? Baby, they're parasites for a while after they are born.. completely reliant on the parent(s)

Those fetuses and lumps of cell tissue are things that grow into viable adult humans.... not really just lumps of tissue... big difference

The key is that the fetus, the newborn, or any other young developing human life is indeed a separate life that is completely reliant on the parent.. there is no difference.. and they are all indeed lives, just in different stages of development

Parasite is something that requires a host, so yes, technically it is a parasite. Just changing the meaning of the words doesn't make your point right. It's only genetic material, a lump of cells, until it reaches a certain stage, so it's not even a human.

You are simply wrong. The individual genetics of a fetus ARE human. Genes don't fucking magically change after the fetus drops out of a vagina.

Newborn = already born. It's not a parasitic life at that point and someone else can take it. Next attempt to twist the discussion. This is about fetuses and lumps of cell tissue.

Not a parasite?? Baby, they're parasites for a while after they are born.. completely reliant on the parent(s)

The key is that the fetus, the newborn, or any other young developing human life is indeed a separate life that is completely reliant on the parent.. there is no difference.. and they are all indeed lives, just in different stages of development

Parasite is something that requires a host, so yes, technically it is a parasite. Just changing the meaning of the words doesn't make your point right. It's only genetic material, a lump of cells, until it reaches a certain stage, so it's not even a human.

It has a heartbeat. If a friend of yours were unconscious on the floor, the first thing you would look for to determine if she was ALIVE? a heartbeat.

Here's an idea: Why don't you excercise your rights to choose whom to fuck in the first place and AVOID the abortion conflict altogether with a little responsibility? Is that too tough? Too much to consider? Womens suffrage didn't happen so that women could murder a fetus. enjoy your personal autonomy AND your personal responsibility. When your lifestyle requires the killing of a genetic human distinction then you might want to re-evaluate what choices, EXACTLY, were once the fuel of the womans rights movement.

You care so much about the fetus, you fucking carry it.

Here's an idea: Why don't you excercise your rights to choose whom to fuck in the first place and AVOID the abortion conflict altogether with a little responsibility? Is that too tough? Too much to consider? Womens suffrage didn't happen so that women could murder a fetus. enjoy your personal autonomy AND your personal responsibility. When your lifestyle requires the killing of a genetic human distinction then you might want to re-evaluate what choices, EXACTLY, were once the fuel of the womans rights movement.

fuck you. I think I'll go ahead and vote to ban abortion, instead! In this age of post-90s education and a plethora of fucking birth control methods AND your inherent preogative regarding whom to fuck OR NOT you have no excuses for killing a human being out of irresponsibility. I suggest you discover how tempting a compromise is.

fuck you. I think I'll go ahead and vote to ban abortion, instead! In this age of post-90s education and a plethora of fucking birth control methods AND your inherent preogative regarding whom to fuck OR NOT you have no excuses for killing a human being out of irresponsibility. I suggest you discover how tempting a compromise is.

Is such a vote even being discussed?

You are simply wrong. The individual genetics of a fetus ARE human. Genes don't fucking magically change after the fetus drops out of a vagina.

... and ... a hair has human DNA, do you keep all those alive?

But if you subject yourself to the process, you inherently accept the risks of your actions and you got to live with the consequences for your actions...

If you're playing along, and you want the fetus, you can have it implanted in your cranial space since you clearly aren't doing anything with it.

What you don't get is that for men, the risk of pregnancy is nil. Women are the ones who get to carry and clean up your little messes.

Tell that to my child support checks I have to give in huge amounts even though I have my children 50% of the time.. and to the love and care I give to my children every fucking day... and to the non-existent free time in my life because I raise my kids as best I can

Yes.. we do not carry the baby for 9 months... but there is no less risk involved in the action for a man, than a woman... it takes 2 to tango, and the responsibility is there for both after the action is done

It has a heartbeat. If a friend of yours were unconscious on the floor, the first thing you would look for to determine if she was ALIVE? a heartbeat.

No, that's to see if it's STILL alive, want to nitpick? A heartbeat only demonstrates that the cells are still getting energy, which is transported by the blood. If the life form cannot make it's own blood to transport the energy it is not alive.

There isn't a big difference. A fetus at 12 weeks is more like a rat than it as a full-term infant. It is completely non-sentient at that point (a rat has more cognitive functions) and cannot function without the mother as it's host.

An infant at 24 weeks has higher brain functions and can even survive outside the womb.

So, put safe & sane limits on it, by all means. I would not by any means oppose limits on abortion after the first trimester. But stop pretending that an early fetus is a baby. It isn't...YET.

A rat will always be a rat.. a human fetes even at a lesser developed statge will not remain that way, it will continue developing into a full grown human...

nice try

No.. it is human.. it certainly is not marsupial

I love how you require OTHER PEOPLE to do the dirty work to carry your principles for you. Kind of like the Republicans who are fine with other people being tortured as long as they get to feel safe from terrorists.

Your principles extend about as far as my vagina, and no futher. They demand no sacrifice from YOU. Some principles.

Last edited:

If I could, I would... in a heartbeat

A rat will always be a rat.. a human fetes even at a lesser developed statge will not remain that way, it will continue developing into a full grown human...

nice try

Except that 1/3 of all fetuses will be natually expelled from the womb before 12 weeks. That's the NORM, apart from abortion. So, apparently, the human body disagrees with you. Not all fetuses will evolve into human beings. A third are rejected by natural processes. I see no difference between the body's existing mechanism and abortion during that same time period.

... and ... a hair has human DNA, do you keep all those alive?

Again.. a hair will not become a living, breathing, eating, shitting, sentient, person.. a fetus will

No.. it is human.. it certainly is not marsupial

It's a lump of cells, a parasite that requires another life to maintain it's own existence. It cannot think, it cannot learn, it is not truly alive anymore than any other parasite is.

nice try

Except that 1/3 of all fetuses will be natually expelled from the womb before 12 weeks. That's the NORM, apart from abortion. So, apparently, the human body disagrees with you. Not all fetuses will evolve into human beings. A third are rejected by natural processes. I see no difference between the body's existing mechanism and abortion during that same time period.

And people die of natural causes every day.. it does not mean we have the right to speed up the process or make it more efficient

Forum List

Back