Pro-abortion group claims responsibility for recent attacks

No, it’s not. It’s incomplete.

You mean the one carrying the man’s baby?

There should certainly be some conversation between the man and the woman, obviously (assuming it's not rape or incest). The "choice" should be made together. If (and this happens from time to time) the man gets spooked and bolts, well, then he's made his choice. Then it's up to the woman to decide.

That's not what the zealots concern themselves with, though. If the man and woman decide that terminating the pregnancy is the right thing to do, it shouldn't be anyone else's place to tell them whether or not they can do it, especially if the objection is due to religious beliefs...

There should certainly be some conversation between the man and the woman, obviously (assuming it's not rape or incest). The "choice" should be made together. If (and this happens from time to time) the man gets spooked and bolts, well, then he's made his choice. Then it's up to the woman to decide.

That's not what the zealots concern themselves with, though. If the man and woman decide that terminating the pregnancy is the right thing to do, it shouldn't be anyone else's place to tell them whether or not they can do it, especially if the objection is due to religious beliefs...
The choice is made when a contract is entered unto during copulation. Both adults have a responsibility and a right at that point.
The pro-choice agenda has been nothing more than a sexist misnomer for decades. Try to take rationalize it all you want.

How does a radical group in the United States get away with claiming responsibility for bombings? Did we turn into a 3rd world country in the last 18 months?

The choice is made when a contract is entered unto during copulation. Both adults have a responsibility and a right at that point.
The pro-choice agenda has been nothing more than a sexist misnomer for decades. Try to take rationalize it all you want.

A "contract"? Please.

Yes, both adults have a responsibility and a right. That's why I said they make the decision together...

I'm just not going to be a radical nutball about it.
If I stand against killing babies, does that make me a radical nutball about it?

And by supporting the heinous, tortuous, killing of babies, because of how they were conceived, shows the world that you're not a radical nutball about it?

And, just think, there are those on the right who would not allow you to do that. They would force you to forever have this constant reminder of what I have to believe was the absolute worst day of your life...
No one would force a rape victim to keep a baby forever. It is a terrible thing when a woman is raped, I am sure. The hurt from the rape is going to last far longer than 9 months in any case. When the child is born, put it up for adoption. There's always more demand than supply for newborn babies.

I'm just not going to be a radical nutball about it.

But you didn't answer my question. Are babies in the womb human children?

Why are you against abortion in any case? Why pro-life? If what I claim is a human baby is really a zygote, and no more, then there is no reason at all to not abort any "zygote". If it's a human baby then under what circumstance do you support murdering, in very, very, tortuous ways, killing a human baby?

Either it's a zygote and can be disposed of like any cyst or growth, or it is a baby and you're suggesting that it's OK to murder some babies because of the sin of the parent.

So, stand up for what you believe and just answer the question of whether you support killing babies because they're not really babies or you support killing some babies for the sin of their creation. Is that too much to ask? I mean, you raised the topic. To a man, I'd say, "man up." So woman up. If you believe something, defend it.

Since my religion teaches that murder is a sin, am I now unable to argue against murder? I don't hate murder because my religion also hates murder; I hate murder because murder is wrong.

And the baby also needs a voice in the abortion decision but since the child won't be legally able to participate in the discussion for another 19 years, the discussion will have to be postponed.

I totally appreciate that your religious beliefs preclude you from approving abortion.

But not everyone has those same religious beliefs. What "God thinks" is completely unimportant, simply because your God may not be a pregnant woman's God, and your religious beliefs should not dictate the actions of someone with different beliefs...
Are you suggesting there are no atheists who are against abortion? That it's a religious constraint only? My religion is against murder, does that invalidate my belief that murder is wrong?

But not everyone has those same religious beliefs. What "God thinks" is completely unimportant, simply because your God may not be a pregnant woman's God, and your religious beliefs should not dictate the actions of someone with different beliefs...
I only mentioned God to OhPleaseJustQuit because I had formed the opinion, based on other posts I have read of hers, that she was a Christian and that eternity with God might be a thing she would consider in abortion. I was mistaken in my assumption. If she feels like abortion is OK that's her opinion.

I do think, though, that since we can never know when a human thought enters the brain, we have to err on the side of not killing babies. We can always go along with the Democratic ex-governor of Virginia, and kill them later but you can't unkill them if medical science advances and viability starts even before 15 weeks.

Are you suggesting there are no atheists who are against abortion? That it's a religious constraint only? My religion is against murder, does that invalidate my belief that murder is wrong?

I like your post. I am not religious and I hate it when people use religious arguments in an abortion debate. That said, I think lines of reasoning can run parallel to one another and even intersect or arrive at a common conclusion, sometimes. The opposition to abortion seems to be a classic example of that.

Yes, a contract. If consensual, they both are aware of legal consequences at copulation.
I need to stay out of the abortion battle. "I have no opinion on this topic". Not being a woman and all.

I just want the kids who ARE born, to be safe. That includes the inner city kids who get shot in drive-by's, and the rich kids whose parents' businesses get burned out by violent leftists.

No one would force a rape victim to keep a baby forever. It is a terrible thing when a woman is raped, I am sure. The hurt from the rape is going to last far longer than 9 months in any case. When the child is born, put it up for adoption. There's always more demand than supply for newborn babies.

So you believe that a rape victim should have to carry that pregnancy to term?

Forum List

Back