Principal, 4 teachers charged in test cheating scandal in Philadelphia School Distric

Chuckt

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2013
Principal, 4 teachers charged in test cheating scandal in Philadelphia School District (PHOTOS)

PHILADELPHIA - May 8, 2014 (WPVI) -- An elementary school principal and four teachers have been charged in connection with an alleged test cheating scheme in the Philadelphia School District.

Pennsylvania Attorney General Kathleen Kane says over the course of five years, the group changed answers, provided test answers to students and improperly reviewed test questions before administering Pennsylvania System of School Assessment (PSSA) standardized tests.

Principal, 4 teachers charged in test cheating scandal in Philadelphia School District (PHOTOS) | 6abc.com

And charter schools, private schools, and some home schooling have problems.

Parents are the solution to the problems.

Yup. Strong, family leadership and parental examples is the key to a productive and ethical society. We simply can't place the future of America's children in the hands of hired help. It all starts at home.

But I do believe that if children aren't home schooled then it's really important to give them the very best education possible which isn't likely to be found in today's public schools (in most cases).

I ask, "What could be so bad with the Philadelphia schools that the teachers need to cheat?" Usually if you have a student cheating, it is because they don't know the material. It must be so bad that they need to cheat...

I ask, "What could be so bad with the Philadelphia schools that the teachers need to cheat?" Usually if you have a student cheating, it is because they don't know the material. It must be so bad that they need to cheat...

<In recent years, test cheating scandals have broken out in Atlanta, Nevada and other districts around the country, as public officials link school and district scores to funding and vow to close schools that underperform.>

The key word being 'underperform'.

The Atlanta Public Schools are still dealing with the aftermath of a major cheating scandal. I think it began ? a decade ago---defendants are just now going to court.

The superintendent of the school system at the time--Beverly Hall has stage 4 breast cancer and her trial is delayed until she is physically able to participate.

The federal guidelines--money--was the reason for the massive cheating in this case.

They just hired a new school superintendent---will be very busy.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back