Prince’s previously unreleased 1986 album "Camille" will finally see the light of day thanks to Jack White's Third Man Records

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
White and his label co-founder Ben Blackwell have obtained the rights to the record, on which the legendary musician adopted a more androgynous alter ego.⁠

Using pitched-up vocals, Prince used the long-shelved record to channel his feminine persona, Camille. The album was scrapped shortly after getting its test pressing, but fans will soon be able to hear the original album’s eight songs

White and his label co-founder Ben Blackwell have obtained the rights to the record, on which the legendary musician adopted a more androgynous alter ego.⁠

Using pitched-up vocals, Prince used the long-shelved record to channel his feminine persona, Camille. The album was scrapped shortly after getting its test pressing, but fans will soon be able to hear the original album’s eight songs

Tidy.

I never understood why Prince was so popular. He was so effeminate and acted like a total fob, and yet he was portrayed as making girls wet themselves and swoon.

He also wasn't that much of a guitar player, even though he won some awards for guitar riffs that any 15 year old Texas guitar player could do.. His whole shtick was copied from Jimi Hendrix, but Prince was nowhere near the guitar player or showman Hendrix was. Prince's falsetto voice was also ripped off from the 60's Motown R&B singers, which is something else I never could understand. Why would any woman get all hot and bothered by hearing a man sing in a high voice like a girl?

Maybe I'm jut old fashioned.

• Banned
Jack White's new album is really weird...

Last edited:
  • Banned

FQ2npzCXEAgfG7b

Forum List

Back