Prince's Death & This New Flu: DANGER

Silhouette

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2013
Let me tell you. I just got over that flu I know Prince had...had to be the same one and WOW. I've not been that sick in decades. My buddy who probably gave it to me was down for 7 days spiking fevers of 103 consistently and unrelentingly. He went from 200lbs to 178 pounds in four days.. and this is a guy who gets the usual viruses and fights them off twice as fast as anyone else. He's on powerful antibiotics for a secondary bacterial infection from it. He'll be on those for another week yet.

It hits you suddenly and fast. The minute you get a scratchy throat RUN for the musinex and garlic, raw, as much as you can tolerate. It goes from the scratchy throat to about 100-101 temperature and instant chest congestion and running sinuses that keep your lungs topped off with a nice yellow green goop.

I suspect that Prince with his free wheeling lifestyle during the highest transmission of HIV/AIDS (Prince claimed to be bisexual), had HIV. I really don't know what to tell people with HIV other than wear a mask and double down on the purell.

Don't fool with this one. Just ask Prince..

Swollen glands, ear aches, sinus too...and just when you think you are getting over it, it hits again.....was not fun....almost 40+ days to get rid of it.
Did you get the 102-103 fever too? Hit you all within like 12 hours?

Swollen glands, ear aches, sinus too...and just when you think you are getting over it, it hits again.....was not fun....almost 40+ days to get rid of it.
Did you get the 102-103 fever too? Hit you all within like 12 hours?
Probably. But never took my temp.....I know....I know....but I had what I call "fever dreams"...and cold sweats a lot.

Look at Sil using Prince's death to lamely smear queers. Get a life, Mentally Sil.

We just had a nasty stomach flu take down my kid and husband the last couple weeks. Somehow I escaped it... or at least so far anyway.

We just had a nasty stomach flu take down my kid and husband the last couple weeks. Somehow I escaped it... or at least so far anyway.
It's not really a stomach flu. This one is respiratory. Starts with a scratchy throat and within 12 hours you're fucked. Expect fevers, sometimes high, for up to a week, and bronchitis, sinus infection and possibly pneumonia. No puking that I know of. But no appetite though. Last thing you feel like doing is eating.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
We don't know if Prince died from AIDS.
He died from the flu. If he had HIV, he was toast the minute it hit him. People without HIV or any other health complication are getting SLAMMED by this one. My friend felt for sure at one point like he was dying, he was ready to give up. This guy is otherwise healthier than a horse, strong, young, fit, great diet & exercise every day. The pinnacle of health.

But he refused to do garlic like I suggested. Hates the taste of it. I dosed hard with raw garlic as often as I could, slept and beat the thing in half the time and suffering he did. When he's totally better, I'll have to remember to tease him about that.

Last edited:
I've been fighting chest congestion for the last six weeks. Continually coughing up crud. Sinus infection along with it.
At the start had the absolute worse sore throat I have ever had by far. Literally felt as if I were swallowing over an open wound. Swallowing food was an absolute torture for several days.
Doc ruled out strep, slowly throat got better, but weeks later still very scratchy. Coughing fits continue, been on two different antibiotics for weeks.

Never N-E-V-E-R have I had anything close to this.

I've been fighting chest congestion for the last six weeks. Continually coughing up crud. Sinus infection along with it.
At the start had the absolute worse sore throat I have ever had by far. Literally felt as if I were swallowing over an open wound. Swallowing food was an absolute torture for several days.
Doc ruled out strep, slowly throat got better, but weeks later still very scratchy. Coughing fits continue, been on two different antibiotics for weeks.

Never N-E-V-E-R have I had anything close to this.
Sounds like strep to me. This one nobody I know had a raw sore throat. Just the instant chest congestion and nasal draining and fever. You might want to get swabbed for strep. Very easy to test for.

Look at Sil using Prince's death to lamely smear queers. Get a life, Mentally Sil.
Oh, those stinging facts.
Homo male transmission of HIV is more than 300 times more than that of hetero men. Deal with it.

We don't know if Prince died from AIDS.

Silhouette is an obsessed anti-gay loon. Deal with it.
Who said anything about AIDS? The speculation is related to HIV. HIV is a male homo problem. A crisis.

Forum List

Back