Prince Charles & Boris Johnson test positive for coronavirus

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Royalty isn't a protection from much other than poverty. We all bleed the same color.

Like all affected by this scourge, I wish him a speedy recovery.

Prince Charles tests positive for coronavirus

Prince Charles, who is first in line to the British throne, has tested positive for coronavirus after displaying mild symptoms, his office has announced.

“The Prince of Wales has tested positive for Coronavirus. He has been displaying mild symptoms but otherwise remains in good health and has been working from home throughout the last few days as usual," the Clarence House said to Fox News in a statement Wednesday morning.

The statement confirmed that the 71-year-old British royal's wife, Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, 72, tested negative. They are currently at their home, Burnham on the Balmoral Estate, in Scotland "self-isolating," the statement confirmed.

Proof that you can catch it from animals ...

Camila-Duchess-of-Cornwall.jpg

Proof that you can catch it from animals ...

View attachment 315043

Wow. I wouldn't go that far, it's not as if he's a serial killer or something.

I do think back to the time when the Prince seemed to walk past VP Pence at the World Holocaust Forum in Israel. I thought he showed a lack of class in doing that. Allowing his politics and the current event of the time (Prince Harry was already in Canada and separating from the monarchy along with his American wife) to dictate his seeming snub (I think he denied it).

Other than that, and once being married to Princess Di, he's been fairly insignificant.

Well, maybe if he becomes incapacitated, that means Elizabeth can retire. You know she's still Queen because she knows Charles isn't suited to be King.

Prince Charles is the most unlucky prince ever...
He's been waiting to be King since...forever and maybe he won't ever ascend to the throne :eek-52:

There's a reason Elizabeth hasn't stepped aside. Makes you wonder what she knows about him that we don't.

When's the last time an English monarch simply retired? ... some have been forced off the throne (Edward VIII), but who just simply stepped down and let their heir take over? ...

When's the last time an English monarch simply retired? ... some have been forced off the throne (Edward VIII), but who just simply stepped down and let their heir take over? ...
[/QUOTE/]

Edward VIII was forced off? I thought he abdicated voluntarily

Edward VIII was forced off? I thought he abdicated voluntarily

Parliament wasn't going to allow Edward to marry that American girl ... the word here is "retired", stepping down and allowing the heir to be crown monarch ... I'm pretty sure all have died as monarch since Henry VII ...

Prince Charles is the most unlucky prince ever...
He's been waiting to be King since...forever and maybe he won't ever ascend to the throne :eek-52:

There's a reason Elizabeth hasn't stepped aside. Makes you wonder what she knows about him that we don't.

English monarchs traditionally don't stand down ever, and serve until their death. George III went insane and deaf in his old age, and continued on as king until he achieved room temperature.

Royalty isn't a protection from much other than poverty. We all bleed the same color.

Like all affected by this scourge, I wish him a speedy recovery.

Prince Charles tests positive for coronavirus

Actually royalty would seem to make it more likely that one would of catch this particular bug. We have 3 of our "royalty", 2 congresspeople and a senator, who also have it. This is an illness that it seems high status makes it more likely not less to affect.

Forum List

Back