President Trump supports National Reciprocity for Concealed Carry

- I think all gun owners should have to submit for a federal license in order to own. You would have to have a clean criminal record in order to get a license. You should also have to agree within that paperwork to have a secure place or safe at your home for the gun to be stored and that safe can be subject to inspection by the police to make sure its within compliance of the license.

- The purchase of the gun should have a designated reason that is necessary for the transaction as part of the application. Meaning that when you go into a gun store or sporting goods store to buy a gun you should have to formally declare on paper before that time the intended usage of the gun you want to buy. So for example, hunting, sport shooting, professional needs, etc. I also think that there should be a limit to one gun per caliber. If you need more guns of the same caliber due to it being a profession then you could request an increase.

- If you intend to purchase the gun for hunting then you should first have to pass gun safety courses and training and only then you will have a valid hunting license before you are allowed to buy the gun. For hunting only bolt action weapons would be allowed. Similar for sport shooting or for professional reasons you should have documentation proving the justification for the purchase and that you have completed all necessary training.

- For sport shooting semi-automatic weapons would be allowed but before you can buy I think you should be registered to a gun range or shooting center and the facility would verify your membership as part of the licensing and the loaned weapons you were allowed to rent while at the center. The training for both would also require a refresher every year to remain valid for the hunting or sport shooting license. If your hunting license for example is no longer valid or if you fail the training courses then the guns would need to be surrendered, or if you leave that specific shooting center then you would need to resubmit the new location and the president or owner of that gun club would need to verify it as well.

- The ammunition for these weapons would also only be able to be bought if you have a valid federal license to own a gun.

I shouldn't have to tell government my intentions of exercising my Constitutional rights. If a person owns one gun or ten of each caliber, how would that stop one illegal activity with a firearm? And what happens if "government" decides they don't like the reason you listed for wanting a gun, such as enjoying target shooting? That gives them the ability to violate your rights?

This is where the culture change would need to happen first. We will never be able to come together as a country, as an American collective I guess you could say, if we don't stop distrusting everything about our fellow citizens and our elected government. At some point we need to start understanding how our culture and our society is creating the very things that you and others are fearful of and anticipate having to defend yourself against. We need more reflection on how our society or why our society is creating the illegal activity that you feel you need a gun for in order to be safe from it.

This is just my opinion of course but our culture in the United States is to basically see other citizens and especially our government as inherently dangerous and untrustworthy. It's been engrained in our culture since the times leading up to the revolution. Our culture focuses on individualism. It focuses on the fight for (fill in the blank). It focuses on the continuing concept that at any given time the individual will need to get their gun and defend home or defend liberty but no longer frontier indians or kings and tyrants but from (fill in the blank). Our whole culture centers quite frankly on the anticipation of violence. We don't need to have that kind of culture anymore. We can change our focus to something more benevolent, something more trustworthy, something more optimistic in my opinion. It will take years to do, but it's not impossible.

Grace, I live in a suburb of Cleveland. Last month I experienced two shootings in two weeks less than 100 feet from my house. Needless to say we have a high black population here. Please tell me how we could change that culture. You see, you might not need a firearm, but I do. And I don't mean to be insulting here, but I think that you making it nearly impossible for me to defend myself, my home, and my tenants is a little selfish on your part. Not everybody lives in the same world you do.

Yes, I do find our government inherently dangerous and untrustworthy as they have proven themselves to be on numerous occasions. Those people impeached a great President without an impeachable offense or crime committed. They tortured a good law abiding man and his family for the Supreme Court making false accusations of rape and inexcusable behavior the he never involved himself with. If Biden does get in, his plans are to make states out of DC and Puerto Rico just to cheat the system to they can have leadership in the Senate forever. Can you tell me why I shouldn't consider them evil, untrustworthy and dangerous?

This is just my opinion of course but our culture in the United States is to basically see other citizens and especially our government as inherently dangerous and untrustworthy. It's been engrained in our culture since the times leading up to the revolution. Our culture focuses on individualism. It focuses on the fight for (fill in the blank). It focuses on the continuing concept that at any given time the individual will need to get their gun and defend home or defend liberty but no longer frontier indians or kings and tyrants but from (fill in the blank). Our whole culture centers quite frankly on the anticipation of violence. We don't need to have that kind of culture anymore. We can change our focus to something more benevolent, something more trustworthy, something more optimistic in my opinion. It will take years to do, but it's not impossible.

Grace, I live in a suburb of Cleveland. Last month I experienced two shootings in two weeks less than 100 feet from my house. Needless to say we have a high black population here. Please tell me how we could change that culture. You see, you might not need a firearm, but I do. And I don't mean to be insulting here, but I think that you making it nearly impossible for me to defend myself, my home, and my tenants is a little selfish on your part. Not everybody lives in the same world you do.

Yes, I do find our government inherently dangerous and untrustworthy as they have proven themselves to be on numerous occasions. Those people impeached a great President without an impeachable offense or crime committed. They tortured a good law abiding man and his family for the Supreme Court making false accusations of rape and inexcusable behavior the he never involved himself with. If Biden does get in, his plans are to make states out of DC and Puerto Rico just to cheat the system to they can have leadership in the Senate forever. Can you tell me why I shouldn't consider them evil, untrustworthy and dangerous?

I'm sorry that you experienced that and just know that I don't want you or anybody else here to be unsafe. The best way I can answer your questions would be to say that the biggest reasons why violence like that continues to grow and become engrained in our culture is because of the ever growing gap in income inequality in the country which leads to increased crime and increased resentment. You then add in the very high recidivism rate in the US, the role of prisons in this country to punish and not rehabilitate, and the bleak future of anybody with a criminal record it naturally creates a situation where crime is a lifestyle for millions of people. There is no self-reflection in the US regarding these topics and how our society produces these issues. It's always about how it's the individual that is to blame in my opinion.

As for the government we elect them. We should have trust in our government, I think you would agree with that. Nothing will change though regarding the corruption in our government until our society as a whole puts out collective well being above the individual in my personal opinion. If we elect ethical people that have our well-being in mind and we hold them accountable then things can change. Our current party system is broken and contributes to the corruption. Our current election system is broken and contributes to the corruption.

I'm sorry that you experienced that and just know that I don't want you or anybody else here to be unsafe. The best way I can answer your questions would be to say that the biggest reasons why violence like that continues to grow and become engrained in our culture is because of the ever growing gap in income inequality in the country which leads to increased crime and increased resentment. You then add in the very high recidivism rate in the US, the role of prisons in this country to punish and not rehabilitate, and the bleak future of anybody with a criminal record it naturally creates a situation where crime is a lifestyle for millions of people. There is no self-reflection in the US regarding these topics and how our society produces these issues. It's always about how it's the individual that is to blame in my opinion.

As for the government we elect them. We should have trust in our government, I think you would agree with that. Nothing will change though regarding the corruption in our government until our society as a whole puts out collective well being above the individual in my personal opinion. If we elect ethical people that have our well-being in mind and we hold them accountable then things can change. Our current party system is broken and contributes to the corruption. Our current election system is broken and contributes to the corruption.

No, it has nothing to do with income inequality. I don't care what anybody else makes, I only care about what I make. This concept that some people have too little because others have too much is just leftist propaganda. Every single American in this country has the opportunity to make as much money as they desire or can obtain. If you work a job that doesn't pay enough, then it's up to you and you only to make your labor more valuable. It's up to you to start your own business. It's up to you to avoid unnecessary spending like the newest iPhone, 400 channel cable or satellite television, eating out two to four times a week, and not having children until you are financially settled. Increased crime and poverty is not because somebody has too much, increased crime and poverty takes place mostly from single-family homes. Increased poverty is due to the drug problem we have in our country because better paying jobs often do random drug screenings on their employees.

I'm a retired truck driver for over 30 years. I can tell you without a doubt the transportation industry is suffering because they can't find enough drivers. Truck driving pays anywhere from lower to mid 5 figure salaries, up to near six figure salaries a year, and yet we can't find enough drivers. Learning how to drive is a three week to a two month course (depending on where you go) to get the training and licensing to become a tractor-trailer operator. Some companies offer free training and licensing provided you work for them for a year or two. Others offer lease options so you eventually own your own truck.

Besides that, the military offers a very inviting career. Work for 20 years and retire before you're 40 with outstanding benefits and training in the event you want to work in the private market.

As for our prisons, they are lowlife playgrounds. You end up in prison, and have cable television, three squares a day plus snacks if family or friends donate money to your account. A private room where you can start a family from. A pool room, a library, limited internet access. In many places, a field that they use to play sports games. We have the same in the outside world, but they're called Get Away Weekends and we have to pay for them ourselves. That's why we have such a high recidivism rate. Make prisons like in the classic movie Cool Hand Luke, and you'll see that rate drop.

No, it has nothing to do with income inequality. I don't care what anybody else makes, I only care about what I make. This concept that some people have too little because others have too much is just leftist propaganda. Every single American in this country has the opportunity to make as much money as they desire or can obtain. If you work a job that doesn't pay enough, then it's up to you and you only to make your labor more valuable. It's up to you to start your own business. It's up to you to avoid unnecessary spending like the newest iPhone, 400 channel cable or satellite television, eating out two to four times a week, and not having children until you are financially settled. Increased crime and poverty is not because somebody has too much, increased crime and poverty takes place mostly from single-family homes. Increased poverty is due to the drug problem we have in our country because better paying jobs often do random drug screenings on their employees.

I'm a retired truck driver for over 30 years. I can tell you without a doubt the transportation industry is suffering because they can't find enough drivers. Truck driving pays anywhere from lower to mid 5 figure salaries, up to near six figure salaries a year, and yet we can't find enough drivers. Learning how to drive is a three week to a two month course (depending on where you go) to get the training and licensing to become a tractor-trailer operator. Some companies offer free training and licensing provided you work for them for a year or two. Others offer lease options so you eventually own your own truck.

Besides that, the military offers a very inviting career. Work for 20 years and retire before you're 40 with outstanding benefits and training in the event you want to work in the private market.

As for our prisons, they are lowlife playgrounds. You end up in prison, and have cable television, three squares a day plus snacks if family or friends donate money to your account. A private room where you can start a family from. A pool room, a library, limited internet access. In many places, a field that they use to play sports games. We have the same in the outside world, but they're called Get Away Weekends and we have to pay for them ourselves. That's why we have such a high recidivism rate. Make prisons like in the classic movie Cool Hand Luke, and you'll see that rate drop.

I think it has a lot to do with income inequality. The larger the income inequality gap becomes the larger the effect it has on those on or near the bottom. A lack of opportunity, a lack of hope, a lack of a feeling of importance to those in power and the rest of the country creates desperation, creates bad decision making, and creates a situation where the youth and even adults stuck in those situations turn to crime. Going to to prison and being treated like garbage, punished without any real rehabilitation or efforts to help them improve creates recidivism because once they leave they become more hardened and return to a situation with even less hope now that they have a criminal record. The cycle continues at that point. Sure some people can break free of it but the majority do not.

I'm ok with prisons having all of the things you described but they also need to focus mainly on helping the prisoners and not punishing them. Depending on how long your sentence is there should be certain mandatory things associated with that time to have them learn a trade, to have to earn a degree, to have them develop skills necessary to break out of the recidivism. You can't do that by treating them like lesser humans and convincing them that they are lesser. If someone has no hope for their future then they will return to their past.

Last edited:
I think it has a lot to do with income inequality. The larger the income inequality gap becomes the larger the effect it has on those on or near the bottom. A lack of opportunity, a lack of hope, a lack of a feeling of importance to those in power and the rest of the country creates desperation, creates bad decision making, and creates a situation where the youth and even adults stuck in those situations turn to crime. Going to to prison and being treated like garbage, punished without any real rehabilitation or efforts to help them improve creates recidivism because once they leave they become more hardened and return to a situation with even less hope now that they have a criminal record. The cycle continues at that point. Sure some people can break free of it but the majority do not.

I'm ok with prisons having all of the things you described but they also need to focus mainly on helping the prisoners and not punishing them. Depending on how long your sentence is there should be certain mandatory things associated with that time to have them learn a trade, to have to earn a degree, to have them develop skills necessary to break out of the recidivism. You can't do that by treating them like lesser humans and convincing them that they are lesser. If someone has no hope for their future then they will return to their past.

Well that's why they go back, because there is nothing for them to fear in prisons. How does what another person make effect you? It doesn't. If you only make $11.00 an hour, how would taking more from the wealthy help you? It's not going to come back to you. It's only going to give government more money to waste. I just pointed out several ways to join the middle-class and do very well for yourself, and you act like you didn't read a word of it; maybe you didn't. Opportunity doesn't come knocking on your door, and robbing a bank so you can get free training in prison is not the answer either.

Go out, get the training necessary, get off the drugs so you can get a job, and you'll do fine. There is absolutely no reason not to unless you want to become a criminal. I'm nobody special. I'm just an average guy. If I can do it, anybody can.

I have doubts that this is a truly serious response. You think I am committing adultery because I think we should have changes in our gun laws????
You are certainly promoting and compelling wholesale forcible prostitution.

When someone expresses the opinion that I should not possess firearms, or that I should not be allowed to possess firearms, or that my possession of firearms should be subject to excessive paperwork, licensure and registration, then I know that that person is not there to save my life under any circumstances, and is furthermore a mortal enemy against whom I will have to take to arms to save my own life.

I have doubts that this is a truly serious response. You think I am committing adultery because I think we should have changes in our gun laws????
You are certainly promoting and compelling wholesale forcible prostitution.

When someone expresses the opinion that I should not possess firearms, or that I should not be allowed to possess firearms, or that my possession of firearms should be subject to excessive paperwork, licensure and registration, then I know that that person is not there to save my life under any circumstances, and is furthermore a mortal enemy against whom I will have to take to arms to save my own life.

Ok well I can assure you that I’m not a threat to you. I simply support reasonable gun control efforts that help tackle the growing violence in our country and the ever growing desire for weapons.

Our culture lends itself to the need and want for more and more guns and ability to use guns. We need sensible gun control but we first need a culture change in my opinion.

Is that so? Tell me how we can change culture.

We're not the Eloi.... and we're never going to be.

Deal with it.

- I think all gun owners should have to submit for a federal license in order to own. You would have to have a clean criminal record in order to get a license. You should also have to agree within that paperwork to have a secure place or safe at your home for the gun to be stored and that safe can be subject to inspection by the police to make sure its within compliance of the license.

- The purchase of the gun should have a designated reason that is necessary for the transaction as part of the application. Meaning that when you go into a gun store or sporting goods store to buy a gun you should have to formally declare on paper before that time the intended usage of the gun you want to buy. So for example, hunting, sport shooting, professional needs, etc. I also think that there should be a limit to one gun per caliber. If you need more guns of the same caliber due to it being a profession then you could request an increase.

- If you intend to purchase the gun for hunting then you should first have to pass gun safety courses and training and only then you will have a valid hunting license before you are allowed to buy the gun. For hunting only bolt action weapons would be allowed. Similar for sport shooting or for professional reasons you should have documentation proving the justification for the purchase and that you have completed all necessary training.

- For sport shooting semi-automatic weapons would be allowed but before you can buy I think you should be registered to a gun range or shooting center and the facility would verify your membership as part of the licensing and the loaned weapons you were allowed to rent while at the center. The training for both would also require a refresher every year to remain valid for the hunting or sport shooting license. If your hunting license for example is no longer valid or if you fail the training courses then the guns would need to be surrendered, or if you leave that specific shooting center then you would need to resubmit the new location and the president or owner of that gun club would need to verify it as well.

- The ammunition for these weapons would also only be able to be bought if you have a valid federal license to own a gun.

I shouldn't have to tell government my intentions of exercising my Constitutional rights. If a person owns one gun or ten of each caliber, how would that stop one illegal activity with a firearm? And what happens if "government" decides they don't like the reason you listed for wanting a gun, such as enjoying target shooting? That gives them the ability to violate your rights?

This is where the culture change would need to happen first. We will never be able to come together as a country, as an American collective I guess you could say, if we don't stop distrusting everything about our fellow citizens and our elected government. At some point we need to start understanding how our culture and our society is creating the very things that you and others are fearful of and anticipate having to defend yourself against. We need more reflection on how our society or why our society is creating the illegal activity that you feel you need a gun for in order to be safe from it.
No, you're just urging potential victims to be more helpless.

No that’s not really what I’m wanting or asking for. I’m wanting to address our culture and how it’s the root cause of the violence. The gun isn’t the answer. Fixing our culture is.

No that’s not really what I’m wanting or asking for. I’m wanting to address our culture and how it’s the root cause of the violence. The gun isn’t the answer. Fixing our culture is.
You're starting from the premise that our culture is broken; it's not.

There are certain criminal sub-cultures in our society that are violent, but regular mainstream American society is more heavily armed than many militaries throughout the world, and yet, is almost completely non-violent. Our culture is not the problem at all.

And I think you are dishonest and have bad intent trying to say it is, and urging others to give up their liberties. You want people to be more helpless and easier to victimize and you expect me to believe your motives are pure?

:rolleyes:

Ok well I can assure you that I’m not a threat to you.
So you're not a gun owner, and you want me to serve ten years or more in prison for possessing a firearm. Nice.
I simply support reasonable gun control efforts that help tackle the growing violence in our country
The only way to "tackle" violence is with force to oppose force. An armed defense against armed violence under my own control and discretion is necessary for my safety and security which you wish to deny me.
and the ever growing desire for weapons
It's not about desire. It's about murderers and professional hired killers and assassins ordering me around and telling me what weapons I am allowed or not allowed to possess or use to defend myself or for sport or other lawful purposes.

Ok well I can assure you that I’m not a threat to you. I simply support reasonable gun control efforts that help tackle the growing violence in our country and the ever growing desire for weapons.

Actually our violence and even gun crimes have been decreasing since the mid 90's. It's proportional with more and more states adopting CCW laws and writing legislation that favors the victim over the attacker. You listed your gun control agenda, and trust me, there is nothing reasonable about it. But even if you could implement your list, do you really think one criminal is going to surrender their firearm? Of course not. It will make guns even more valuable on the black market just like drugs.

Put it this way: If you want to see what a disarmed society would look like, get a huge sign made that says WE HAVE NO FIREARMS IN THIS HOUSE. Put that sign on your front porch, and get back to us in a few months if you're still alive to tell us how that worked out.

The reason you are safe in your home without a gun is because I'm safe in mine with one, and the criminal doesn't have any idea if they're going to deal with a person like you or a person like me. A strong enough deterrent works almost every time it's tried, and death is a pretty good deterrent to breaking into my home to steal my money and belongings.

Last edited:
Our culture lends itself to the need and want for more and more guns and ability to use guns. We need sensible gun control but we first need a culture change in my opinion.
Never have I ever heard one of you people explain what "sensible" gun control laws are.

Congratulations, this is the single most insane post I have ever read on this site.
It's an utterly asinine post, that's for sure, but there are worse posts than that all over the place. Bed wetters like Lakoturd and Pinheadlope spam the forum with absolute lunacy on a regular basis.

There are certain criminal sub-cultures in our society that are violent, but regular mainstream American society is more heavily armed than many militaries throughout the world, and yet, is almost completely non-violent. Our culture is not the problem at all.

And I think you are dishonest and have bad intent trying to say it is, and urging others to give up their liberties. You want people to be more helpless and easier to victimize and you expect me to believe your motives are pure?

I do think our culture is broken in many ways, sure, as well as our political system, our economic system, among others. The US leads the world in incarceration rates. We have more guns in the US than citizens. Yes, the majority of the population is not violent but that doesn't mean our culture is not broken in my opinion. Our culture is what is driving the highest incarceration rates in the world for example.

Your last comment is odd. Why would I want people to be helpless and easier to victimize?

Ok well I can assure you that I’m not a threat to you.
So you're not a gun owner, and you want me to serve ten years or more in prison for possessing a firearm. Nice.
I simply support reasonable gun control efforts that help tackle the growing violence in our country
The only way to "tackle" violence is with force to oppose force. An armed defense against armed violence under my own control and discretion is necessary for my safety and security which you wish to deny me.
and the ever growing desire for weapons
It's not about desire. It's about murderers and professional hired killers and assassins ordering me around and telling me what weapons I am allowed or not allowed to possess or use to defend myself or for sport or other lawful purposes.

Why do you think i'd want you to serve ten years or more in prison for possessing a firearm? I oppose mandatory prison sentences and I think we incarcerate way too much in this country. Plus I even mentioned in my list of ideas that you'd be able to possess a firearm. So i'm not sure where you are getting that idea from. Can you explain?

I disagree that the only way to tackle violence is with force. Most violence doesn't just happen for no real reason. We need to seek out the root causes for much of the violence we see in this country. We too often try to fight or treat the symptoms but not the actual disease.

I do think our culture is broken in many ways, sure, as well as our political system, our economic system, among others. The US leads the world in incarceration rates. We have more guns in the US than citizens. Yes, the majority of the population is not violent but that doesn't mean our culture is not broken in my opinion. Our culture is what is driving the highest incarceration rates in the world for example.

Your last comment is odd. Why would I want people to be helpless and easier to victimize?
because you're a leftist traitor.

Well that's why they go back, because there is nothing for them to fear in prisons. How does what another person make effect you? It doesn't. If you only make $11.00 an hour, how would taking more from the wealthy help you? It's not going to come back to you. It's only going to give government more money to waste. I just pointed out several ways to join the middle-class and do very well for yourself, and you act like you didn't read a word of it; maybe you didn't. Opportunity doesn't come knocking on your door, and robbing a bank so you can get free training in prison is not the answer either.

Go out, get the training necessary, get off the drugs so you can get a job, and you'll do fine. There is absolutely no reason not to unless you want to become a criminal. I'm nobody special. I'm just an average guy. If I can do it, anybody can.

I didn't mean to ignore or miss your comments about joining the middle class. I was rushing to respond earlier and didn't hit on it, i'm sorry.

Joining the military, driving a big truck, joining the police force or becoming a firefighter among other jobs is a good way to earn a living and can get your life going in a good direction, I agree, but for most youth that are stuck in a cycle of crime, poverty, and violence many just don't see those as realistic options unfortunately. Many don't even see themselves as being part of American society since in a lot of ways the country has given up on them in my opinion.

New Topics

Forum List

Back