President Trump supports National Reciprocity for Concealed Carry

Yes this would makes things much easier.
My wife and I had to make arrangements prior to traveling to another state.
Some research followed with a few phone calls and all went well, but still it would be nice.

I'm for it if there was a national standard. Some states require no training or experience to carry a gun. I don't want those people here. I've been to the gun range enough times to see kids doing the stupidest shit making it dangerous for the rest of us.

Yes this would makes things much easier.
My wife and I had to make arrangements prior to traveling to another state.
Some research followed with a few phone calls and all went well, but still it would be nice.

I'm for it if there was a national standard. Some states require no training or experience to carry a gun. I don't want those people here. I've been to the gun range enough times to see kids doing the stupidest shit making it dangerous for the rest of us.
Agreed.
A national standard, but with some kind of training prerequisite for sure.

- I think all gun owners should have to submit for a federal license in order to own. You would have to have a clean criminal record in order to get a license. You should also have to agree within that paperwork to have a secure place or safe at your home for the gun to be stored and that safe can be subject to inspection by the police to make sure its within compliance of the license.

- The purchase of the gun should have a designated reason that is necessary for the transaction as part of the application. Meaning that when you go into a gun store or sporting goods store to buy a gun you should have to formally declare on paper before that time the intended usage of the gun you want to buy. So for example, hunting, sport shooting, professional needs, etc. I also think that there should be a limit to one gun per caliber. If you need more guns of the same caliber due to it being a profession then you could request an increase.

- If you intend to purchase the gun for hunting then you should first have to pass gun safety courses and training and only then you will have a valid hunting license before you are allowed to buy the gun. For hunting only bolt action weapons would be allowed. Similar for sport shooting or for professional reasons you should have documentation proving the justification for the purchase and that you have completed all necessary training.

- For sport shooting semi-automatic weapons would be allowed but before you can buy I think you should be registered to a gun range or shooting center and the facility would verify your membership as part of the licensing and the loaned weapons you were allowed to rent while at the center. The training for both would also require a refresher every year to remain valid for the hunting or sport shooting license. If your hunting license for example is no longer valid or if you fail the training courses then the guns would need to be surrendered, or if you leave that specific shooting center then you would need to resubmit the new location and the president or owner of that gun club would need to verify it as well.

- The ammunition for these weapons would also only be able to be bought if you have a valid federal license to own a gun.

I shouldn't have to tell government my intentions of exercising my Constitutional rights. If a person owns one gun or ten of each caliber, how would that stop one illegal activity with a firearm? And what happens if "government" decides they don't like the reason you listed for wanting a gun, such as enjoying target shooting? That gives them the ability to violate your rights?

valid federal license to own a gun.
Those who promote and compel gun control and abortion must submit themselves to God's holy and righteous law:
Thou shalt not commit adultery.
The punishment whereof is death under the law of Moses. They died without mercy under that law during the time of the Old Testament.

Jesus Christ is of the tribe of Judah, and was to rule all nations with a (shooting) rod of iron, according to the Holy Bible.

Where do you stand now with your inordinate desire to cause men's hair to be cut and their eyes put out and imprison them with frivolous paperwork and service of process without the due process of law in court?

Surely you can be none other than an adulterer or an adulteress and a murderer in the eyes of God for all that treasonous gun control which you impose on the innocent ones and on the valiant.

While Biden supports every gun grabber initiative....

“The right of self-defense doesn’t stop at the end of your driveway. That’s why I have a concealed carry permit and why tens of millions of Americans do too. That permit should be valid in all 50 states.”

640x480-Donald-Trump-outside-White-House-hands-out-twitter-640x480.jpg

This would be nice!

What about state rights?

“The right of self-defense doesn’t stop at the end of your driveway. That’s why I have a concealed carry permit and why tens of millions of Americans do too. That permit should be valid in all 50 states.”

This would be nice!

It would be beyond great. But it SHOULD NOT BE NECESSARY.
Article VI Clause 2
This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.

Article VI, Paragraph 2 of the U.S. Constitution is commonly referred to as the Supremacy Clause. It establishes that the federal constitution, and federal law generally, take precedence over state laws, and even state constitutions.

The 2nd Amendment of said Constitution states:
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Every states Constitution or Law restricting or "infringing" on the right to keep and bear arms in ANY way is in violation of the Constitution of the United States and ALL AMERICANS CIVIL RIGHTS.

That is so much bullshit. The founding fathers had no idea of technology such as silencers and 50 round magazines. To suggest they would have approved of this is a lie. In the days of the founding fathers, there was no standing army. Settlers with guns were the standing army so to speak. There is no blanket right to own any weapon you want.

Our culture lends itself to the need and want for more and more guns and ability to use guns. We need sensible gun control but we first need a culture change in my opinion.
Never have I ever heard one of you people explain what "sensible" gun control laws are.

- I think all gun owners should have to submit for a federal license in order to own. You would have to have a clean criminal record in order to get a license. You should also have to agree within that paperwork to have a secure place or safe at your home for the gun to be stored and that safe can be subject to inspection by the police to make sure its within compliance of the license.

- The purchase of the gun should have a designated reason that is necessary for the transaction as part of the application. Meaning that when you go into a gun store or sporting goods store to buy a gun you should have to formally declare on paper before that time the intended usage of the gun you want to buy. So for example, hunting, sport shooting, professional needs, etc. I also think that there should be a limit to one gun per caliber. If you need more guns of the same caliber due to it being a profession then you could request an increase.

- If you intend to purchase the gun for hunting then you should first have to pass gun safety courses and training and only then you will have a valid hunting license before you are allowed to buy the gun. For hunting only bolt action weapons would be allowed. Similar for sport shooting or for professional reasons you should have documentation proving the justification for the purchase and that you have completed all necessary training.

- For sport shooting semi-automatic weapons would be allowed but before you can buy I think you should be registered to a gun range or shooting center and the facility would verify your membership as part of the licensing and the loaned weapons you were allowed to rent while at the center. The training for both would also require a refresher every year to remain valid for the hunting or sport shooting license. If your hunting license for example is no longer valid or if you fail the training courses then the guns would need to be surrendered, or if you leave that specific shooting center then you would need to resubmit the new location and the president or owner of that gun club would need to verify it as well.

- The ammunition for these weapons would also only be able to be bought if you have a valid federal license to own a gun.
Wow.
So you think in order to exercise a God Given, constitutionally enumerated right, you should have to apply for permission from the government, ensure inspections, have what you use limited, how you use it limited, open your home to inspections, and have to jump through all sorts of hoops.
You see, we already have that in some states and cities. NYC comes to mind, as does New Jersey. Good luck getting “permission” to buy a pistol in those states, and say your prayers trying to get a permit to carry it.
It’s virtually impossible.
Substitute your restrictions in the sec d amendment with the first amendment. Instead of needing licensing and permission for firearms, maybe you should need licensing and permission for a phone. Apply for a computer/internet permit. Have the police come and inspect your phone and internet to make sure it is properly used. You only get a certain amount of communications per allowance, and then you need to apply for more. Belong to a writers guild or somethjng to be able to communicate online.
Not a perfect analogy, but anyone with a brain gets the point.

With your ideas, you sound like a European, or you like their model. Well by all means, follow that model somewhere else.
Here in America, you should t need to beg permission to exercise a God given and CLEARLY SPELLED OUT RIGHT.
Notice it doesn’t say “the freedom of phone use” or any such thing in the constitution, it merely says speech. Perhaps we should interpret that to mean only speaking orally is protected, And not with the help of communication devices. People would rightfully think that’s absurd. Yet the constitution clearly states “bear arms”, meaning ARMS, not just guns. Yet somehow liberals have no problem trampling all over this and restricting guns.
It’s absurd.

Our culture lends itself to the need and want for more and more guns and ability to use guns. We need sensible gun control but we first need a culture change in my opinion.
Never have I ever heard one of you people explain what "sensible" gun control laws are.

Fucking nazi.

This would be nice!

Article VI Clause 2
This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.

Article VI, Paragraph 2 of the U.S. Constitution is commonly referred to as the Supremacy Clause. It establishes that the federal constitution, and federal law generally, take precedence over state laws, and even state constitutions.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Every states Constitution or Law restricting or "infringing" on the right to keep and bear arms in ANY way is in violation of the Constitution of the United States and ALL AMERICANS CIVIL RIGHTS.

That is so much bullshit. The founding fathers had no idea of technology such as silencers and 50 round magazines. To suggest they would have approved of this is a lie. In the days of the founding fathers, there was no standing army. Settlers with guns were the standing army so to speak. There is no blanket right to own any weapon you want.
Are you aware that in the founders day, men privately owned cannons? They also privately owned warships.
So you’re telling me they were ok with having a battleship I could shell a city with, but a drum magazine is out of bounds?

This would be nice!

Article VI Clause 2

Right, liar, those guys standing around getting their asses shot off and only having single shot rifles to fight back with, that took a while to reload, would have taken one look at an ak-47 and just laughed and went back to the single shot muzzle loader. lmao

Here in Idaho we don't require permits...Concealed or open carry. Now..if you want to leave the state and have a permit that will be honored..it'll cost you a 4 hour class and a small fee.
Us either...but I go to Illinois often...and they don't recognise my CCW.

That is so much bullshit. The founding fathers had no idea of technology such as silencers and 50 round magazines. To suggest they would have approved of this is a lie.

Of course they didn't foresee technology and advancements like we've had. That's why they wrote an amendment process for things we may want to change in the Constitution. However it has to be a super majority of the Senate and states to agree with such changes. We don't have that and never will.

This would be nice!

Surely he can do this with an Executive Order.

No.

This would be nice!

Article VI Clause 2

Yes there is.
Its known as freedom.

Is that so? Tell me how we can change culture.

This is just my opinion of course but our culture in the United States is to basically see other citizens and especially our government as inherently dangerous and untrustworthy. It's been engrained in our culture since the times leading up to the revolution. Our culture focuses on individualism. It focuses on the fight for (fill in the blank). It focuses on the continuing concept that at any given time the individual will need to get their gun and defend home or defend liberty but no longer frontier indians or kings and tyrants but from (fill in the blank). Our whole culture centers quite frankly on the anticipation of violence. We don't need to have that kind of culture anymore. We can change our focus to something more benevolent, something more trustworthy, something more optimistic in my opinion. It will take years to do, but it's not impossible.

Fucking nazi.

How am I a nazi?

valid federal license to own a gun.
Those who promote and compel gun control and abortion must submit themselves to God's holy and righteous law:
Thou shalt not commit adultery.
The punishment whereof is death under the law of Moses. They died without mercy under that law during the time of the Old Testament.

Jesus Christ is of the tribe of Judah, and was to rule all nations with a (shooting) rod of iron, according to the Holy Bible.

Where do you stand now with your inordinate desire to cause men's hair to be cut and their eyes put out and imprison them with frivolous paperwork and service of process without the due process of law in court?

Surely you can be none other than an adulterer or an adulteress and a murderer in the eyes of God for all that treasonous gun control which you impose on the innocent ones and on the valiant.

I have doubts that this is a truly serious response. You think I am committing adultery because I think we should have changes in our gun laws????

Forum List

Back