President Trump Called His Generals a ‘Bunch of Dopes and Babies’ in a Fit of Rage, Book Claims

We have been in the Middle East for twice as long as we fought in Vietnam. Some would have us fight forever. I think we can all agree that Trump is at least right on this, we need to get out of these endless conflicts.

Afghanistan is NOT in the Middle East. Correct your thinking please.

Iraq?

We left Iraq in 2008 and did not return until we were asked back to help fight ISIS. There is no war involving US troops in Iraq any more.

That piece of shit Obama purged the military of all the leadership with courage and put in his "yes men" so if Trump did say that (unlikely) then he is probably correct.

Yes.....very likely.....I have in my life been around very high ranking officers even generals...unfortunately I was not impressed......a lot of them rose to the highest levels because of personal connections....some were gifted at playing 'office-politics' aka brown-nosing, some married well aka women with political connections and so on and so forth etc.etc.

I would like to see Generals a lot younger and preferably with a lot of native intelligence as well as a high i.q. Generals who have a good knowledge of history---especially military history, the threats we face and and especially a great understanding of technology and how it has transformed the battle-field....someone either with experience in the special ops field or someone who has a great knowledge of it and how it can be most effectively used and a great understanding of assymetrical warfare.

Someone who is not politically correct and recognizes the domestic threats to our national security and the possibility that we may be facing a civil war and is willing to support our President if martial law is required to put down the great possibility of a coming insurrection.

Bush having a artillery general in charge of the Afghanistan is a good example of someone with little or no understanding of irregular war-fare and the failure to understand the necessity of getting osama bin laden as in his failure of understanding what he needed to do at tora-bora to accomplish that. (...I speak of general tommy franks)failing to use our own forces to avoid casualties in the final phase of the assault on Tora-Bora. Also...franks would never admit that osama was even at tora-bora.

al-Qaeda forces negotiated a truce with a local Afghan militia commander to give them time to surrender their weapons. In retrospect, however we realized the truce was a device to allow important al-Qaeda figures, including Osama bin Laden, to escape.

Delta Force commander's account of the battle of tora bora

The first US team to enter the Tora-Bora mountain range
A former Delta-Force commander, using the pen name "Dalton Fury", who fought at Tora Bora, wrote that bin Laden escaped into Pakistan on or around December 16, 2001. Fury gives three reasons for why he believes bin Laden was able to escape: (1) the US mistakenly thought that Pakistan was effectively guarding the border area, (2) NATO allies refused to allow the use of air-dropped gator mines , which might have kept bin Laden and his forces inside the Tora Bora area, and (3) over-reliance on native Afghan military forces as the main force deployed against bin Laden and his fighters. Fury theorized that, because the battle took place over the holy religious month of Ramadan, the Afghan forces would leave the battlefield in the evenings to break fast, giving al-Qaeda a chance to regroup, reposition, or escape.

In an October 2008 interview on 60 mins., Fury said that his Delta Force team and CIA Paramilitary Officers traveled to Tora Bora after the CIA had identified bin Laden's location. Fury's team proposed an operation to attack bin Laden's suspected position from the rear, over the 14,000 foot-high mountain separating Tora Bora from Pakistan. He said unidentified officials at higher headquarters rejected his proposal. Fury suggested dropping GATOR mines in the passes leading away from Tora Bora, but this was also denied. Fury and his team approached the suspected position from the front and were within 2,000 meters, but withdrew because of uncertainty over the number of al-Qaeda fighters and a lack of support from allied Afghan troops.

Delta force operators disguised as Afghan civilians
A short time later, the Afghan military forces declared a cease-fie with al-Qaeda. In his 2008 book, Kill bin Laden, Fury described the following. His team planned to advance again on the al-Qaeda forces, but after the cease-fire, Afghan soldiers drew their weapons on the US soldiers. After 12 hours of negotiations, the Afghans stood down, but bin Laden and his bodyguards had left. Fury reports that his team intercepted and interpreted radio calls by bin Laden in the afternoon of December 13, 2001. He said to his fighters, "the time is now, arm your women and children against the infidel." Then, after a few hours of bombing, bin Laden broke radio silence again, saying: "Our prayers were not answered. Times are dire and bad. We did not get support from the apostate nations who call themselves our Muslim brothers. Things might have been different." Fury said that Bin Laden's final words to his fighters that night were "I'm sorry for getting you involved in this battle, if you can no longer resist, you may surrender with my blessing."

During his interview on 60 Minutes to discuss his book, Fury said that his team saw a group whom they believed to be bin Laden and his bodyguards entering a cave. The team called down several bombing attacks on the site, and believed that they had killed bin Laden. Six months later, US and Canadian forces returned and checked several caves in the area, finding remains of al-Qaeda fighters, but not of bin Laden. Fury thought that bin Laden was injured during the bombing of the cave, but was hidden, given medical care, and assisted out of the area into Pakistan by allied local Afghans.

https://www.usnews.com/news/nationa...dalton-fury-elite-commando-turned-author-dies

Someone who is not politically correct and recognizes the domestic threats to our national security and the possibility that we may be facing a civil war and is willing to support our President if martial law is required to put down the great possibility of a coming insurrection.

Last edited:
"Trump's presidency will go down in history as a joke presidency, it's like we elected Jeb!...or Hillary" - Ann Coulter

The Party of Lincoln is now acting like a subsidiary of Trump Inc, and that's sad!

Forum List

Back