President plans to unveil new 20% 'minimum tax' on 700 super-rich Americans that would levy ALL forms of income for families worth more than $100M

It is a minimum
If you are already paying 20 percent it won’t affect you
Just for fun. Does this include all wealthy people in the world who do business in the United States? So the foreigners who own the Federal Reserve and tell the U.S. treasury to print up the money and make many of the Billionaires look like paupers will be taxed as well.

Just for fun. Does this include all wealthy people in the world who do business in the United States? So the foreigners who own the Federal Reserve and tell the U.S. treasury to print up the money and make many of the Billionaires look like paupers will be taxed as well.
You should pay taxes on money you earn in the US

OK…what part of the budget do you want to cut by 50 percent?

View attachment 621768

That's a stupid pie chart. The entire budget it represents is $4.14 trillion dollars but Biden's entire Infrastructure and Families plan is $4 trillion dollars by itself.

1648348274483.png

I don't. Fuck taxes I always say. It's my patriotic duty as an American to make as much money as I can and not give a cent of it to the government.

Taxation is theft.
Taxes are the price we pay to live in a civilized society……Oliver Wendell Holmes

Biden has reached new heights of idiocy. Does he actually believe any Republican is going to vote for that?

the worlds richest men, including Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos, have much of their wealth in the form of stock.
As their stock rises in value, they are able to finance lavish lifestyles by taking out loans secured by their stock holdings. But loans are not taxed as income, and in many cases the interest payments are tax deductible.
The rising value of stock holdings -- known as unrealized gains -- is also not taxed as income. Capital gains taxes are only imposed when the stock is sold.
s a result, some 400 billionaire families paid an average federal tax rate of just over 8 percent of their income between 2010 and 2018, according to an estimate from the White House Office of Management and Budget and Council of Economic Advisers.
However, critics of a 'wealth tax' argue that treating unrealized gains as income is unfair and could lead to unintended consequences.
If billionaires are forced to pay taxes on the rising values of their stocks, even before they sell them at a profit, they could be forced to sell off control of companies that they founded in order to pay their tax bills, critics say.
Under Biden's new plan, billionaires already paying more than 20 percent in federal taxes would not owe additional taxes, according to the Post.
The taxes paid toward the minimum tax would count toward whatever billionaires owe whenever they sell their stock and pay ordinary capital gains taxes.
'The Billionaire Minimum Income Tax will ensure that the very wealthiest Americans pay a tax rate of at least 20 percent on their full income,'
'This minimum tax would make sure that the wealthiest Americans no longer pay a tax rate lower than teachers and firefighters.'
Can we get a tax for rich liberals only? :p

You should pay taxes on money you earn in the US

I think we should pay taxes on the money we spend instead. A national consumption tax would give everybody a dog in the race. Let's say 5 cents on the dollar. For every dollar you spend, 5 cents of it goes to our federal government. If our reps spend more than we take in, then the tax increases.

Free college, up it to 7 cents on the dollar. Make the country greener, 10 cents on the dollar. Increase in food stamp spending, 12 cents on the dollar.

The problem we have today are voters spending other peoples' money, even people not born yet. Why? Because it won't cost them a dime. Tax the rich.

I think we should pay taxes on the money we spend instead. A national consumption tax would give everybody a dog in the race. Let's say 5 cents on the dollar. For every dollar you spend, 5 cents of it goes to our federal government. If our reps spend more than we take in, then the tax increases.

Free college, up it to 7 cents on the dollar. Make the country greener, 10 cents on the dollar. Increase in food stamp spending, 12 cents on the dollar.

The problem we have today are voters spending other peoples' money, even people not born yet. Why? Because it won't cost them a dime. Tax the rich.
Lets put that consumption tax on every time you buy and sell stock

That will get the wealthy to pay up

Forum List

Back