President Obama is the Problem?

For nearly 30 years, the policy practice of deregulating industry has destabilized our economy and produced internal economic bubbles that provided extravagant boom/bust cycles with abnormally sharp peaks and increasingly less distribution of wealth throughout our social structure, such that the Haves' have increased wealth at a massively disproportionate rate over the have Nots'. Those are the facts which are not in dispute.

For nearly 30 years, Executive compensation and Golden Parachutes are up, employee salaries are down, the American Middle Class is being destroyed by the hour and American Middle Class Jobs have been packed-up and shipped off-shore. Those are facts which are not in dispute.

For nearly 30 years, the High School drop-out rates have increased, College tuition costs have increased, College graduation rates have decreased and four year technical degree completions have been cut by more than half, while business related degree completions have increased by more than 275% over the exact same period. These are facts which are not in dispute.

$50 Trillion in global wealth was wiped-out as a direct result of the 2008 global economic implosion. Consumer debt in the U.S. since 2000, has increased geometrically and consumer credit default rates have more than tripled in the same time. Since the invasion of Iraq, in 2003, global fuel prices have driven commodity prices higher and the cost at the pump as well as the grocery store check-out stand were the resultant children and the USD tumbled in value both internally and externally against most major currencies around the world. These are facts not in dispute.

Both, political policy and U.S. corporate practice have brought us to this point. The most deployed political policy over the past 30 years has been that free market reign -aka- Trickle Down Economics. A simple minded economic theory that says: hands off the free market - allow the free market to regulate itself, monitor itself, stabilize itself, and in doing so, the free market will make all the right decisions for the broader economy. Survival of the most fit. Trickle Down has miserably failed our Republic. These are facts not in dispute.

Presidential hopefuls as well as political adversaries, are making the claim that President Obama, is a "failed President," because the economy is not producing the 2.1 million jobs necessary to replace the 8+ million jobs lost under the previous Administration over the prior eight years before Obama's term in office. These are facts not in dispute.

So, here is my question:

If the political and economic policy that helped to cause the 2008 global meltdown, comes from the exact same source that lays failure at the doorstep of President Obama, how is it logically possible for the current set of Presidential hopefuls to have sufficient economic high-ground necessary to provide the policy solutions needed to solve the current economic crisis?

In other words, if you created the problem, when did you magically obtain the credibility, know-how, desire and the will necessary to provide the solution to the problem you created more than eight years ago?

Furthermore, if you created the problem more than eight years ago, what qualifies you to lay blame at the doorstep of those who have attempted to solve the problem that you created, and why should the American People trust you to solve the problem that you could not solve more than eight years ago?

You know - as I sit here over the past 3 years and listen to irrational, illogical, unsubstantiated, unproven and massively hypocritical attacks on President Obama, for not cleaning-up the mess left behind by his political adversaries fast enough, I'm reminded of reminded of the little African American Slave boy who gets whipped by his Slave Master for not cleaning up the spilled Whiskey fast enough, left behind by the "Master" himself.

President Obama, has had to play the role of Janitor In Chief, for the past 3 years - cleaning up a global toxic waste dumping zone left behind by those seeking Iraqi PSA Oil contracts and Derivatives profits from destructive financial bubbles that were engineered and arranged by the very same people who have since turned their back on the President and now label him as "failed."

If that is not the very definition of twisted, then I don't know what qualifies.

- Create the regulatory environment for the mess
- Create the rules for how the mess turns into a bubble
- Create the trigger for the fall of the mess
- Execute the mess
- Get reimbursed for the mess you created by tax payers
- Sit back and lay blame for not cleaning up the mess fast enough
- Run for President and proclaim that YOU have the fix for the mess

What a sales job. And, what's even more disgusting is the fact that millions of Americans will buy it.

How reprobate have we become as American Citizens?

The President and his team predicted results from their plans and those results have not materialized. In light of this failure the President claims the problem was worse than he thought and has proposed more of the same failed policies.

the credit downgrade was aCongressional problem, not a presidential one. The legislative branch controls the budget, not the executive branch

the credit downgrade was aCongressional problem, not a presidential one. The legislative branch controls the budget, not the executive branch

Thank you, Caption Obvious! Democrats Congress went over 2 years without even presenting a budget!

I'm curious, how do you spin his shutting down of the oil and gas exploration and drilling in the gulf and the resulting unemployment and hardship of the gulf comunities?
How about we at least get honest enough with ourselves long enough to admit that we can no longer continue the prolonged use of petroleum based fuels and that a new primary energy source is not only good for the ecology

Sounds like you want to get real, but this responce is a giant massive redirect. The question was name one thing that this presedent has don't to make matters worse, I through this answer out there and you cone back with 'green energy and job training and scary 'What if?' situations ... Not once did you say 'yeah he did make it worse by this, but these are the reasons' ... And you tell me to get real?

Green jobs and this moritorium are not counter to one another. A nation can drill and still (gasp) reseach and develop new energy sources. The only thing this moritorium is doing is punishing American workers and raising gas prices across the country. And for what purpose?

Your idea that if we have alternative energy sources outside of fossel fuels has little baring because like all leftist arguments, it's not thought out well. Cars can run on electricity, but plastic is an oil based product. Your volt may run, but they can be made without plastic (oil) the engine will not turn without lubrication (oil) the car won't roll without tires (oil). To me, it's not about 'oh my god, gas is too high'. It's not about environmentalism. It's about the entire world is going to collapse when the oil runs out, unless a lot of new stuff is developed. You can develop this stuff at the same time as drilling and keeping everything running.

Oil is not like alcohal in your drunkard example, it's the heartbeat of the entire world, that needs to change, but as I said, your answer was a complete redirect

Katrina, another spill, job training ... Job training ... That's funny agricultural jobs ... You know most fertilizers are an oil based product as well right?

Anyway, I'm hoping that you reply again with something other then scare tactics and shouting 'green jobs' ... Because that really doesn't help the UE today, those green jobs may look great, but they are not ready for primetime (that's been proven)

What would you prefer anyway?

That the prez not cause more harm to an already worse situation then the one he walked into

Do you suggest that we execute yet another Deep Water Horizon type oil spill?

I would be interested if you can find that quote by me.

Why extend the potential probability for even more devastation being unleashed in that region?

You speak as though we are the only nation drilling in the Gulf. Other nations are still drilling, the only thing we are stopping from happening is American workers plying their trade.

Why not give the people of the Gulf Coast a break?
From employment? This prez already has

Thank you, Caption Obvious! Democrats Congress went over 2 years without even presenting a budget!

yes, they are rather slow. There are also republicans in Congress as well.

Not surprisingly, you're totally wrong, stupid fucking retard that you are.

Dems failed to deliver a budget when they had their vetoproof majority! That's how badly they wanted to take down our credit rating!

The Republican House passed cut cap and balance.

Get a fucking clue, then respond

yes, they are rather slow. There are also republicans in Congress as well.

Not surprisingly, you're totally wrong, stupid fucking retard that you are.

Dems failed to deliver a budget when they had their vetoproof majority! That's how badly they wanted to take down our credit rating!

The Republican House passed cut cap and balance.

Get a fucking clue, then respond

What he said.
Republicans were totally powerless in Congress for 2 years while Dems had the run of the place. So it is nothing less than hilarious to see Obama and his knee-padders here blaming Republicans for something that was out of their control. Next we'll hear that it is the GOP's fault because they didnt stage a coup and make everything right.

he got a response because he said something worth responding to.

you got negged because you're a moron.

:thup:

You threw a neg because you are fucking moron who couldn't formulate a rational thought if the Yale debate team was assisting you.

You're an idiot, and everyone here knows it. You can't debate anyone, you can't form a semi-rational argument. You have all the intellect of an anvil.

Forum List

Back