Pres. Trump expected to sign executive order, allowing purchase of health ins. across state lines

LOL, I thought the Trumptard consensus was that Congress had to make the laws.

I was thinking the same thing. Shouldn't Congress be doing this?

Congress is smart enough to know if they live in NY and buy health insurance in Alaska because its cheaper they have to go to Alaska to be treated by the doctors there that provide their service for the $$$ agreed to in the policy.

Trump and his drones; not so smart.

There is no federal law saying that insurance companies can't sell across state lines. There's nothing for Congress to do.

So it's state laws that prohibit this? Trump is going to veto state laws with one stroke of a pen?

Some states allow it, some don't.

It's a moot point though, since no insurance companies seem to want to do it.

How will it work? I go to another State to buy a policy that is cheaper but the ONLY doctors I can see are the doctors in their network in the other State?

it shouldn't have to. You can buy your auto insurance from anyone & in different states with different laws.

This may be news to you, but health insurance and car insurance don't function the same way.
They can be made to function in any manner and you know it. Obamacare is proof of that Mr Elitist Douche

Ok, so what's your proposal?

How do you suggest we "make" insurance companies do what you want them to do?
You don't have to make them do anything just remove the barriers.

I'm in a medical Co-op based out of Wichita Ks and I live in Missouri. There are a network of doctors & facilities from 3 states all working together.

It is FAR cheaper than the scam Obamacare

The biggest barriers against it aren't laws, but insurance company profit margins.

it shouldn't have to. You can buy your auto insurance from anyone & in different states with different laws.

This may be news to you, but health insurance and car insurance don't function the same way.
They can be made to function in any manner and you know it. Obamacare is proof of that Mr Elitist Douche

I'm in a medical Co-op based out of Wichita Ks and I live in Missouri. There are a network of doctors & facilities from 3 states all working together.

The biggest barriers against it aren't laws, but insurance company profit margins.
Bull.

I have several business policies that I am required to purchase IN STATE because of red tape regulations.

How will it work? I go to another State to buy a policy that is cheaper but the ONLY doctors I can see are the doctors in their network in the other State?

You just stated that the ACA didn’t have any negative impact on your plan. That’s great to hear.

You just stated that the ACA didn’t have any negative impact on your plan. That’s great to hear.
The ACA tripled my plan. I ditched BOTH and found the co-op. Fuck the mandate

Bull.

I have several business policies that I am required to purchase IN STATE because of red tape regulations.

It's much more likely that you have to purchase them in state because out of state businesses don't want to deal with your state's red tape - not because the red tape itself prevents them from selling it to you.

That's basically why insurance isn't sold across state lines, and why insurance companies don't feel any desire to do so - because each state has it's own rules for insurance companies to follow, and it's too much overhead for a company to constantly maintain two or more sets of varying rules.

Trump says likely to sign new healthcare order this week

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump said on Tuesday he would sign a measure, likely this week, to allow people in the United States to buy healthcare across state lines.

“They’ll be able to buy, they’ll be able to cross state lines and they will get great competitive healthcare, and it will cost the United States nothing,” Trump told reporters in the Oval Office during a meeting with former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger.

“With Congress the way it is, I decided to take it upon myself, so we’ll be announcing that soon as far as the signing’s concerned, but it’s largely worked out,” he said...

..Trump has suggested before that he was eying an executive order that would allow individuals to purchase insurance across state lines through so-called health associations, which Republican Senator Rand Paul has advocated.

It'd be awesome if he did the same for cable TV/internet as well.

there's no reason why they shouldn't.

While I'm definitely for buying over state lines, how does the president have authority for this? Congress was given charge to make laws regarding interstate commerce

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump said on Tuesday he would sign a measure, likely this week, to allow people in the United States to buy healthcare across state lines.

“They’ll be able to buy, they’ll be able to cross state lines and they will get great competitive healthcare, and it will cost the United States nothing,” Trump told reporters in the Oval Office during a meeting with former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger.

“With Congress the way it is, I decided to take it upon myself, so we’ll be announcing that soon as far as the signing’s concerned, but it’s largely worked out,” he said...

..Trump has suggested before that he was eying an executive order that would allow individuals to purchase insurance across state lines through so-called health associations, which Republican Senator Rand Paul has advocated.

there's no reason why they shouldn't.

"Should" doesn't mean anything. We're discussing reality, not fantasy.

Bull.

It's much more likely that you have to purchase them in state because out of state businesses don't want to deal with your state's red tape - not because the red tape itself prevents them from selling it to you.

That's basically why insurance isn't sold across state lines, and why insurance companies don't feel any desire to do so - because each state has it's own rules for insurance companies to follow, and it's too much overhead for a company to constantly maintain two or more sets of varying rules.
Obamacare ended that with its one size fits all regulations

right now, any policy you buy, has an

IN NETWORK list of doctors and hospitals

And if you do not use their in network facilities and go

OUT OF NETWORK....

the insurance companies only pay 50% of the normal allotment price and the policy holder has to pay the other 50%....

all policies have an in network price and out of network price for everything, including your deductibles, and if 'out of network' then those even double...

so, unless I go to the IN NETWORK hospitals/docs in another state that i bought the policy, my health care costs DOUBLE in price if I see a doctor in my state....

with enough demand, that paradigm would shift. the point is, the consumer would determine what coverages they wanted versus having to pay for some one size fits all monstrosity....

Yeah sure, I bet President Fucking Moron has also been appointing Czars too.

Bull.

and that's the beauty of an association drive market. If my association brings 2 million members to the bargaining table, companies will line up to grab that market share. But the point is, the consumer will drive it, not government. And for those advocating single payer, you face the same issue of different regulations in different states. How do you reconcile that under your approach?

Bull.

and that's the beauty of an association drive market. If my association brings 2 million members to the bargaining table, companies will line up to grab that market share. But the point is, the consumer will drive it, not government. And for those advocating single payer, you face the same issue of different regulations in different states. How do you reconcile that under your approach?
I don't advocate it. It's the law and it ended his argument.

Congress is smart enough to know if they live in NY and buy health insurance in Alaska because its cheaper they have to go to Alaska to be treated by the doctors there that provide their service for the $$$ agreed to in the policy.

Trump and his drones; not so smart.
so when you travel and get ill, you don't get to see a doctor in the state you're in? you have to wait to go back to your state to get treatment? really? you believe this don't you?

Forum List

Back