Predictions: What will Trump really deliver as President??

bill718

Diamond Member
Jun 26, 2016
Just looking for predictions here, but here is my vision of the end result of a Trump presidency:

Promise: "I would build a great wall, and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me, and I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great great wall on our southern border and I’ll have Mexico pay for that wall." Donald Trump - 2016

Reality: There will be some badly needed increases in border security, but they'll be no "great wall" because there is no money for it, since Trump and the GOP want deep cuts in taxes (and if you honestly think Mexico is going to pay for any of this, you need therapy!)

Promise: “A Trump administration will renegotiate NAFTA and if we don't get the deal we want, we will terminate NAFTA and get a much better deal for our workers and our companies. 100 percent."

Reality: This could be a big win for President Trump. NAFTA and our other trade agreements created fewer jobs than were lost. We don't need to scrap them, but Trump may be able to get a better deal for America's workers, and if he does, it will help all Americans.

Promise: No one will lose coverage. There will be insurance for everybody. Healthcare will be a “lot less expensive” for everyone — the government, consumers, providers. Donald Trump - 2016

Reality: Not going to happen! Though the GOP controls both houses of Congress, President Trump has alienated, irritated, and made so many enemies within his own party (and his standing with the Democrats is even worse!) there is little will in Congress to try this again.

Promise: "We will create the first class infrastructure our country and our people deserve,"

Reality: This could be a winner for President Trump, since the need for transit and better transportation is one of the few things Liberals and Conservatives seem to agree on, but I don't see it happening. The GOP's tax cutting plans leave little or no money for this.

Promise: Donald Trump told the Washington Post and many who listened to his speeches he would get rid of the national debt “over a period of eight years.”

Reality: Not even close! It's going to take a lot more than trimming the budget to make this happen, it's going to take money...and lot's of it! This means tax increases, and I don't see the GOP led Congress agreeing to this.

Promise: "This Russia investigation is a total witch hunt, it's a sham, and a waste of time and money!"

Reality: Don't ask me. I don't know what the Senate and House investigators know, and certainly don't know what Robert Mueller knows. This one is a complete wild card.

Bottom line: Like most Presidents, Trump will get a few things done on his agenda, but it's going to take a big influx of tax dollars to accomplish the rest, and I don't see that in our future.

Do you folks have any predictions?? :bye1:

Last edited:
He has already delivered the most important gift to America. He may have two or three more on the way.

Everything else is gravy.

Just looking for predictions here, but here is my vision of the end result of a Trump presidency:

Promise: "I would build a great wall, and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me, and I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great great wall on our southern border and I’ll have Mexico pay for that wall." Donald Trump - 2016

Reality: There will be some badly needed increases in border security, but they'll be no "great wall" because there is no money for it, since Trump and the GOP want deep cuts in taxes (and if you honestly think Mexico is going to pay for any of this, you need therapy!)

Promise: “A Trump administration will renegotiate NAFTA and if we don't get the deal we want, we will terminate NAFTA and get a much better deal for our workers and our companies. 100 percent."

Reality: This could be a big win for President Trump. NAFTA and our other trade agreements created fewer jobs than were lost. We don't need to scrap them, but Trump may be able to get a better deal for America's workers, and if he does, it will help all Americans.

Promise: No one will lose coverage. There will be insurance for everybody. Healthcare will be a “lot less expensive” for everyone — the government, consumers, providers. Donald Trump - 2016

Reality: Not going to happen! Though the GOP controls both houses of Congress, President Trump has alienated, irritated, and made so many enemies within his own party (and his standing with the Democrats is even worse!) there is little will in Congress to try this again.

Promise: "We will create the first class infrastructure our country and our people deserve,"

Reality: This could be a winner for President Trump, since the need for transit and better transportation is one of the few things Liberals and Conservatives seem to agree on, but I don't see it happening. The GOP's tax cutting plans leave little or no money for this.

Promise: Donald Trump told the Washington Post and many who listened to his speeches he would get rid of the national debt “over a period of eight years.”

Reality: Not even close! It's going to take a lot more than trimming the budget to make this happen, it's going to take money...and lot's of it! This means tax increases, and I don't see the GOP led Congress agreeing to this.

Promise: "This Russia investigation is a total witch hunt, it's a sham, and a waste of time and money!"

Reality: Don't ask me. I don't know what the Senate and House investigators know, and certainly don't know what Robert Mueller knows. This one is a complete wild card.

Bottom line: Like most Presidents, Trump will get a few things done on his agenda, but it's going to take a big influx of tax dollars to accomplish the rest, and I don't see that in our future.

Trump is a PINO - which means nothing he says or does means anything. He's nihilist leader destroying the GOP, the executive branch, Americas standing, etc.

#PINO

i predict America is great again. even if he did nothing else, he slayeth the fire breathing dragon media. he slayed the mighty hillary clinton, also a fire breathing dragon.

Forum List

Back