Prayers to Jesus Christ, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Lord Jesus,

Thank you for saving the world by offering yourself as the sacrificial lamb for our sins, so that we may seek and find your grace and goodness in this world we live.

We ask you to forgive and encourage those who think they are beyond your help. We ask you for patience to hear those who are troubled over something that only you and he or she knows about, to resolve differences between friends and enemies alike, over something not known to others. We ask you to help us forgive someone who offended another or an entire group of your beloved ones.

We know that you forgive those who ask you to. We know you forgave Peter who forsook you three times on the worst and last day of your life. We know you have forgiven mentally sick people who were sorry their illness caused them to harm others. We know your angels are present when we are born, when we are troubled, and when we die. We know you prefer us to dedicate our lives to you when we become adults, or even after the world thinks it's too late to be sorry for something we did wrong. We don't know how we wrong others many times, so we ask your forgiveness for things unknown to us but known to the person who feels let down by us.

And we thank you forgiving us for all of the above and will help us to turn our lives around and do better starting from right now.

We ask your mercy on people who are experiencing pain due to loss of a loved one, whether through death or their decision to leave on unfriendly terms, or who break our hearts in some way. Please help us get through loss and accept it and to quickly find other paths to try to do better the next time by not repeating errors.

And we thank you for being a rock as we read the good book you gave us through blessed hands that wrote both good and bad things, so we could make a determination not to make their mistake of old. Please help us make time to read your word and be confident we can do better tomorrow than we did today.

We ask you to comfort those who have lost someone, be it friend or family, and thank you for washing us in the blood of your kindness to mankind so long ago on the cross where men persecuted a perfect you who was able to muster strength to ask the Father to forgive them for their wrong, knowing that you would consider nothing else but what we ask--that wrongdoers really be forgiven by you on the spot. We thank you for believers who we have seen forgive even murders of their children as they bury them.

Thank you dear lord for forgiving our foolish ways and teach us your sense of humility under fire as a teacher who loves us.

Amen.
Just a little doctrinal help. You pray to to the Father in the name of Jesus Christ by the power of the Holy Ghost. We should pray to the Father, not the Son
You must've missed Isaiah's prophecy about what the savior would be called. Think it's the sixth chapter and around the eighth verse or somewhere nearby. I''l go check. :brb9:

Oops, my bad. It's in the ninth chapter. Doh!
And His Name Shall Be Called Wonderful “For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.” Isaiah 9:6 KJV
I am aware of the fact the Jews can't wrap their minds around the Christian godhead being three parts--the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit--the three in one. What it means to us is that we can be clear headed in saying "Hear, O Israel, the Lord, our God, the Lord is one." The concept of the Trinity is that God has three forms, which are united in the spirit. And the name of Jesus is prophesied many hundreds of years prior to his birth by Isaiah. In the ninth Chapter and the Sixth verse. The Book of John begins with "In the beginning was the Word. And the Word was With God, and the Word was God." The Apostles knew who Jesus was, but not until he rose from the dead and doubting Thomas even was convinced when he placed his hand upon the place where the nail was driven through his hand by the Romans to nail him to the Cross. He was revealed to the eleven. Judas had already killed himself. The Apostles had a lot to do after that, getting the Word out to the ends of the earth.

You may have heard it in Handel's Messiah, too. Handel was a stickler for getting it right. It starts about at time 1:20 on this particular video/youtube. :thanks:

There is another place we can verify the interchangability of Jesus with God when Jesus said, "I and my Father are One." I don't know where , but I'll find it in a jiffy.
BRB again.

John 10:30 Context

27My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. 30I and my Father are one. 31Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. 32Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? 33The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

The Jews were like you. The concept that Jesus was one with the Father was beyond their understanding, so they took up rocks to stone him for blasphemy, which he did not commit. He and the Father are one and the same.

John was the beloved of Christ, and he furnished a book because the others had not quite gotten around to each and every point. It wasn't intentional, I'm sure, because every one of them is rumored to have said that he told them so much more than they wrote down. John the beloved of Christ, saw this as an unpardonable oversight, and did what he could to make CERTAIN people knew what Isaiah knew. That's why I am very comfortable with praying to Jesus, because the Bible says he is the Mighty God both in prophecies before his birth and following his crucifixion. John was a regular handy man of the group when it came to accuracy. That's all.

Is Jesus the Father?

no.
“we worship one God in Trinity, and Trinity in Unity; Neither confounding the Persons, nor dividing the Substance.“

Totally unbiblical
But you can worship what you may

I wasn’t quoting the Bible. I was quoting the undivided church.

Dear Lord in Heaven,
Thank you for our lives you have given us, and for the 10 instructions you gave your servant Moses on the mountain. We often come home after church and are faced with a world that has fallen to worshipping a golden calf and dismayed to learn the more things change, the more they seem the same. Thousands of years later, our oppressed American ancestors broke away from the powers of corruption, promising that with our freedoms we outlined with the written word, we would seek to serve higher purposes. 243 years later, we arise in the morning to a world that instructs things that produces men who cower and women who erase the future by killing their own babies. People use their freedom to practice perversion, escape personal responsibilities, and use the follies you warned against to practice false witness to the point of reveling in it and treating truth like a joke. We can do better than that, dear God. Please wake up the dreamers to better purpose that false science that separates us from working together in ways that cause the next generation to abstain from practices that separate us from your lovingkindness to mankind. Give those who fight for your kingdom the wisdom to peacefully restore the innocence of doing the right thing, so once again, we pray for the renewal of the right spirit required to make the world a better place inside and outside our own doorstep. Please let no chains of idealogues bent on destructive measures force antbed slavery in which life is shortened into lives of hard work that offers no rewards but an early death while the few live for generations and do not concern themselves with short-lived slaves that greater humanity will come to if it fails to pay attention to your ways. In your name we pray. Amen.

So..I see this thread and maybe it's a sign. I posted over on twitter:

#DearJesus You died for nothing.
#DearGod The human race was not worthy of the sacrifice.

I've been semi moody all damn day and as you can see..I can't sleep. Went to bed at around 10pm finally gave up about an hour ago and am now just surfing. It's twitters fault. Too many tweets from supposed animal lovers insisting we all see abused animals. Haunts me and takes forever for it to be purged from my brain seeing that shit. Plus, all the hate, wars, deaths, rapes, abuses, murders, tortures, etc etc...its overwhelming.

Maybe reading this thread will perk me up. But I think He should just be done with it and destroy the whole planet.

Gracie, you've had more losses in the last few years than two have in a lifetime. You're on my prayer list for restoration of every good gift. :huddle: I never lost everything I ever had in a massive fire that you experienced last year, but I did go through a lot of pain when I was young. I asked God to help me through every crisis, and he did. When I made mistakes, I asked for his forgiveness, and he granted it. Some prayers have not been answered the way I wanted things to turn out, so I just ask him for the strength to carry on, and I'm still here, learning to life all by myself and accepting the losses of the best husband who ever lived, two dear siblings, a best friend, and others. My phone seldom rings, but I have the peace of productivity and there are no harsh words in silence, so loneliness is not without its comforts. Peace be with you and may love be restored to you where egregious losses have been. Amen.

Dear Lord, please save our nation from the civil war we're headed into over impeachment hearings and the willingness of people to physically attack others that I've been reading about and seeing on videos. For some reason, the Mueller report did not settle the issue even though the President was found innocent after having been falsely accused for 2 years, and now such bitter people who had presented the false narratives are causing their followers hatred enough to attack others based on promised impeachment that has so far been conducted in secrecy and by the same people who brought forth earlier false charges, and they took two and a half billion dollars from the Social Security funding for seniors to pay for the impeachment hearings ahead, when we thought 100 million was ample to pay for all those 5 hearings that resulted in innocence of the accused. It doesn't look like there will ever be any fairness because the lies were accepted as truth by the liars' followers. Amen.

Dear Lord, please save our nation from the civil war we're headed into over impeachment hearings and the willingness of people to physically attack others that I've been reading about and seeing on videos. For some reason, the Mueller report did not settle the issue even though the President was found innocent after having been falsely accused for 2 years, and now such bitter people who had presented the false narratives are causing their followers hatred enough to attack others based on promised impeachment that has so far been conducted in secrecy and by the same people who brought forth earlier false charges, and they took two and a half billion dollars from the Social Security funding for seniors to pay for the impeachment hearings ahead, when we thought 100 million was ample to pay for all those 5 hearings that resulted in innocence of the accused. It doesn't look like there will ever be any fairness because the lies were accepted as truth by the liars' followers. Amen.
(Dear Lord) - and they took two and a half billion dollars from the Social Security funding for seniors to pay for the impeachment hearings ahead,

a prayer -

:dig: . maybe that, the above lying will be taken lightheartedly by mr big, I doubt it though ... good luck.

Thank you for this day, Jesus,
And if I should die before I wake, please take my soul that I may make
A difference in someone's life that comforts them from unfair strife.
Thanks for everything here, O Lord. Amen.

So you're asking god to save a lying ignorant Angry Creamsicle who cheats on his wife? He must not have anything better to do.

Cheeze Louise, taz, you know everything except the most important one. President Trump apologized to his wife in public. Funny how you missed it, but if you are the believer who judges all, you would know a person who is sorry for a sin and does all he can to appease the person he hurt and asks God for mercy and guidance is forgiven.

You do know about forgiveness from Heaven, don't you? All this happened 9-10 years before Trump became the President. It was a cheap political hit aimed to hurt the President and First Lady. Even so, I saw the apology on tv, and I know it was sincere. And it appears Ms. Melania has a big heart and forgave him too.

Let them heal, taz. It's the least you can do with all your concern that he be damned anyway. Or do you see the light? ;)

Dear Lord Jesus,

Please help my friend Ron, your servant, who has fallen and injured his spine. Please comfort his pain and give his doctor the skill to heal him perfectly when he goes for surgery. We thank you and bless you for this good man's giving to you and your people and has strengthened many with kind words and sympathetic understanding. Thank you for your many gifts and blessings to your people, and for the strength and healing you give. Amen

Just a little doctrinal help. You pray to to the Father in the name of Jesus Christ by the power of the Holy Ghost. We should pray to the Father, not the Son

That is correct. Here is why:

John 16:23-24
GOD The Father listens only to His Beloved Son, Yahshuwah. That's why you must be one in mind and spirit with Me, Yahshuwah (The Son) and pray through Me, In MY name to The Father.

And when you do pray to the Father, do it the way Christ recommended by the example He gave us:

1. Praise < Let God know that you know who He is, and it is He you are calling upon.
2. Repent< God turns His back on sin. He can't hear you when you are covered in it. The Bible calls those "let" prayers. The term is used in tennis for a ball that hits the net and goes nowhere. On the flip side, He will forgive you the second you ask. He loves you that much and wants nothing to stand in the way of your relationship.
3. Ask for relief for others< intercession/standing in the gap.
4. Yourself< Share with your Father. He loves to hear you talk.
^
That is the structure of the "Lord's Prayer". Not words to be rehearsed and prayed in rote, but an example of how to talk with our Father.

Last edited:
So you're asking god to save a lying ignorant Angry Creamsicle who cheats on his wife? He must not have anything better to do.
Taz sez with the authority of any righteous judge on the sidelines: "So you're asking god to save a lying ignorant Angry Creamsicle who cheats on his wife?"​

He has not cheated in 13 years, and he's not going to, either, because he is not only sincerely sorry toward his wife, he will not smudge up his presidency with any more scandal. None of the Stormy Daniels affair was committed after 2006.

God forgave Moses for killing a cop. God forgave Cain who killed his only brother. And God forgave mankind for killing his son and denying him.

God is all about the light of reconciliation and the church deals with reconciliation of men with each other and with their Lord, who died for their sins.

So yeah, God has forgiven a trite and humble man named Donald Trump for using his resources poorly when his dear wife was giving him a beautiful son.

Get it about God now? He is merciful to whoever calls upon his name. It isn't all that complicated. :113:

Taz sez with the authority of any righteous judge on the sidelines: "So you're asking god to save a lying ignorant Angry Creamsicle who cheats on his wife?"​

He has not cheated in 13 years, and he's not going to, either, because he is not only sincerely sorry toward his wife, he will not smudge up his presidency with any more scandal. None of the Stormy Daniels affair was committed after 2006.

God forgave Moses for killing a cop. God forgave Cain who killed his only brother. And God forgave mankind for killing his son and denying him.

God is all about the light of reconciliation and the church deals with reconciliation of men with each other and with their Lord, who died for their sins.

So yeah, God has forgiven a trite and humble man named Donald Trump for using his resources poorly when his dear wife was giving him a beautiful son.

Get it about God now? He is merciful to whoever calls upon his name. It isn't all that complicated. :113:

dream on ...

beauty, you are a loon, what makes you believe the crucifixion is a settled matter have the crucifiers been prosecuted, brought to justice in fact they wrote your 4th century christian bible. there can be no forgiveness without justice. there is nothing compelling for the Almighty to find worth forgiving since the final scene of the 1st century.

Dear Jesus, Please help my body overcome Asthma and help me to stay asleep at night. Thanks for all the people who come here searching for you. Help them find healing, peace and comfort in your loving arms. Thank you for the gift of life and living. Amen.

Dear Jesus,

My Lord.

I'm a humble sinner, and I know who are thou.

So, I please beg you with all my heart, can you stop those ignorant who are praying to you as I do now as if you were God the Father?

Thanks.

Dear Jesus, Please help my body overcome Asthma and help me to stay asleep at night. Thanks for all the people who come here searching for you. Help them find healing, peace and comfort in your loving arms. Thank you for the gift of life and living. Amen.
I wish you relief from asthma. I had it quite severely when I was younger. Thankfully, as I've gotten older, it has almost gone away. I use a preventive inhaler twice a day, Wixela, and I take one tablet of Singulair daily (Used for allergies and asthma.) and this combination has worked wonders for me for about ten years now.

Thank you, Bluzman, for kind words. Wrote your helps down and will look for them the next time I'm in a pharmacy. I just got an inhaler from the doctor and didn't know you had to take it on days you have no symptoms, because they come on all-of-a-suddenly, and once they start, I'm in trouble for the next 24 hours. One night I coughed so hard my back hurt for several days. I'm going to do my best to stick to your routine of 1 daily tablet, 2 doses with the inhaler. I still have a dozen or so softgels of Benzonatate 100 mg. capsules and Albuterol Sulfate Inhaler, but somehow I thought that once the symptoms subsided I was free and clear to put the medicines on the shelf and forget it. <gong!> I was so wrong. Thanks for explaining the procedure, and when I run out of the prescription, I am going for the Singular and Wixela, because the doctor wrote "no refills" on her prescriptions.

I don't know how to thank you, except to say: Thanks! It's impossible to get a night's sleep when you're also elevating feet above your head to stop ankle swelling, and the coughing doesn't stop all night. I think your panacea is consistent with what I ought to have been doing all along.

There now, I took my medicine after getting up to check on some green tea, lemon and honey which seem to help a little bit, but don't stop the coughing an hour later. It had cooled down to the "just right" temperature to take the sofgel tablet. That warmth was perfect, and I'm reading good things about adding a little honey to lemon tea when you use a real lemon cut up. I'm hearing it helps stabilize blood sugar and reduces hunger when there is no earthly reason to feel hunger, except a bad diet that ignores issues that cause asthma. Bad diet also causes overeating. Honey seems to bring on resistance to eating fast food and zero quality diets that use similar foods that we pick up in American life when we work all day and resort to shortcuts at meal time.

Thank you, Bluzman, for kind words. Wrote your helps down and will look for them the next time I'm in a pharmacy. I just got an inhaler from the doctor and didn't know you had to take it on days you have no symptoms, because they come on all-of-a-suddenly, and once they start, I'm in trouble for the next 24 hours. One night I coughed so hard my back hurt for several days. I'm going to do my best to stick to your routine of 1 daily tablet, 2 doses with the inhaler. I still have a dozen or so softgels of Benzonatate 100 mg. capsules and Albuterol Sulfate Inhaler, but somehow I thought that once the symptoms subsided I was free and clear to put the medicines on the shelf and forget it. <gong!> I was so wrong. Thanks for explaining the procedure, and when I run out of the prescription, I am going for the Singular and Wixela, because the doctor wrote "no refills" on her prescriptions.

I don't know how to thank you, except to say: Thanks! It's impossible to get a night's sleep when you're also elevating feet above your head to stop ankle swelling, and the coughing doesn't stop all night. I think your panacea is consistent with what I ought to have been doing all along.

There now, I took my medicine after getting up to check on some green tea, lemon and honey which seem to help a little bit, but don't stop the coughing an hour later. It had cooled down to the "just right" temperature to take the sofgel tablet. That warmth was perfect, and I'm reading good things about adding a little honey to lemon tea when you use a real lemon cut up. I'm hearing it helps stabilize blood sugar and reduces hunger when there is no earthly reason to feel hunger, except a bad diet that ignores issues that cause asthma. Bad diet also causes overeating. Honey seems to bring on resistance to eating fast food and zero quality diets that use similar foods that we pick up in American life when we work all day and resort to shortcuts at meal time.
Sorry to hear about your asthma, Beautress. My husband has it and he must be careful about just about everything he does. So many things effect it.

Blessed Father, help me to rejoice not as the world rejoices, but as the kingdom of heaven rejoices. Help me to take no offense at your Son.

When John heard in prison what the Messiah was doing, he sent word by his disciples and said to him, "Are you the one who is to come, or are we to wait for another?" Jesus answered them, "Go and tell John what you hear and see: the blind receive their sight, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and the poor have good news brought to them. And blessed is anyone who takes no offense at me.
Matthew 11:2-11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back