Prayers for Fuel Rod

my husband had that.....rocky mountain spotted fever....he was lucky but the recovery took a long time...

It is very serious\, more so if not diagnosed and teated quickly. But if diagnosed and treated quickly after the symptoms appear, people get over it ore quickly and almost all do fully recover.

o the doctor didnt even wait for the test results.....just began the treatment....i just remember how weak he was afterwards and how sad he looked in that cold shower....i dont think he has forgiven me for that....

Interesting. I spent the first 22 years of my life in Colorado. Camping every summer. Parents would always warn us kids about it, but nobody ever got it. hmmm.

Do any of the ladies need a 'tick check'?

(old joke...)

Last edited:
Interesting. I spent the first 22 years of my life in Colorado. Camping every summer. Parents would always warn us kids about it, but nobody ever got it. hmmm.

Do any of the ladies need a 'tick check'?

(old joke...)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OctrGD4JW8U]Brad Paisley - Ticks - YouTube[/ame]

Immie

<update from wife

.Praise the Lord--another day of improvement for Chris. He took about 10 steps with a walker, read some more words, had a pretty good conversation with a couple of people, and sat in a chair in his room pretty much most of the day. So many of you have sent me messages and emails of encouragement--appreciate and love you all. Yesterday, Chris received an email from Mike Sweeney, a major league pl...ayer that Chris knew from his time with the Wranglers and Royals. His former baseball co-workers let Mike know about Chris' illness and Mike sent this word of encouragement I wanted to share with you all. Keep praying for Chris!
YEA!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNjggrxUQ78]Synchronized Fireworks Show - 4 LATEST - YouTube[/ame]

I absolutely abhor those nasty little bugs ; they cause nothing but pain and suffering. My prayers to Fuel and his family. I know God is holding him and healing him.

Glad to see things are going well.

Could have been worse. Could have been giant Arkansas chiggers. Those things are mean.

it just keeps getting better:

update from mrs. fuelrod.

God bless you all for your continued prayers, love, and support of Chris, I and the boys. Today was Day 16 at the hospital--so hard to believe! Chris is talking more, interacting some (I have seen him have several conversations!), and definitely becoming more aware of his situation. On Saturday, his feeding tube was removed. He has been struggling to eat, but he was only served mashed up food because of fear of choking. Today he was re-evaulated and put on a regular diet. So Chris had his first real meal in over 3 weeks--steak, fries, asparagus and a brownie! I am praying that he eats more and regains strength so he can walk again. Please keep praying for him. He's an amazingly strong guy! Thanks Friends!

God bless you all for your continued prayers, love, and support of Chris, I and the boys. Today was Day 16 at the hospital--so hard to believe! Chris is talking more, interacting some (I have seen him have several conversations!), and definitely becoming more aware of his situation. On Saturday, his feeding tube was removed. He has been struggling to eat, but he was only served mashed up food because of fear of choking. Today he was re-evaulated and put on a regular diet. So Chris had his first real meal in over 3 weeks--steak, fries, asparagus and a brownie! I am praying that he eats more and regains strength so he can walk again. Please keep praying for him. He's an amazingly strong guy! Thanks Friends!

Wonderful news. :clap2:

Now i am serious about this suggestion...... He needs to be drinking an ensure with every meal... he needs the calories and protein. Have his wife ask the doctors if they can put one on each meal tray.

"Long-term health problems following acute Rocky Mountain spotted fever infection include partial paralysis of the lower extremities, gangrene requiring amputation of fingers, toes, or arms or legs, hearing loss, loss of bowel or bladder control, movement disorders and language disorders. These complications are most frequent in persons recovering from severe, life-threatening disease, often following lengthy hospitalizations."

Sheesh he really could be effected by this for life.
Sad

Forum List

Back