Power your life to well over 100 .Years not MPH .

luiza

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2022

I am aware that quite a few of you have already realised I am wise and spiritually blessed well beyond my nominal age which is presently 124 -- I file 58 just to avoid publicity .​

Part of my remarkable success comes from eating Mushrooms almost daily and being very" brand " discriminating .
Because I have been asked to perform extra Astral Plane duties quite soon I thought it would be a nice gesture to let the geriatrics among you into a secret or two .
So here is one to stick in whichever orifice you most favour .

STORY AT-A-GLANCE​

• Ergothioneine, a sulfur-containing amino acid found in mushrooms, is a powerhouse when it comes to promoting longevity
  • Out of 112 measured plasma metabolites, ergothioneine is the metabolite most significantly associated with lower morbidity and mortality, being associated with a lower risk of coronary artery disease, stroke and death of all causes
  • In 2005, scientists discovered that most human tissues have a highly specific carnitine-based transporter for ergothioneine, which suggests humans are designed to eat and reap specific benefits from mushrooms
  • Ergothioneine has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antimutagenic and cytoprotectant properties, and research shows depletion of ergothioneine leads to higher oxidative stress and cell death
  • Mushrooms that contain ergothioneine include pine mushrooms, oyster mushrooms, shiitake, king boletes, porcinis, chanterelles, lion’s mane and Enokitake, just to name a few. Porcini, shiitake, oyster, maitake and king oyster typically contain the highest amounts

Last edited:
If any of you seem to think that this owes reference to St Joseph of Mercola , it just shows once again the beauty of coincidence .

Sources and References

I am aware that quite a few of you have already realised I am wise and spiritually blessed well beyond my nominal age which is presently 124 -- I file 58 just to avoid publicity .​

Part of my remarkable success comes from eating Mushrooms almost daily and being very" brand " discriminating .
Because I have been asked to perform extra Astral Plane duties quite soon I thought it would be a nice gesture to let the geriatrics among you into a secret or two .

STORY AT-A-GLANCE​

• Ergothioneine, a sulfur-containing amino acid found in mushrooms, is a powerhouse when it comes to promoting longevity
  • Out of 112 measured plasma metabolites, ergothioneine is the metabolite most significantly associated with lower morbidity and mortality, being associated with a lower risk of coronary artery disease, stroke and death of all causes
  • In 2005, scientists discovered that most human tissues have a highly specific carnitine-based transporter for ergothioneine, which suggests humans are designed to eat and reap specific benefits from mushrooms
  • Ergothioneine has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antimutagenic and cytoprotectant properties, and research shows depletion of ergothioneine leads to higher oxidative stress and cell death
  • Mushrooms that contain ergothioneine include pine mushrooms, oyster mushrooms, shiitake, king boletes, porcinis, chanterelles, lion’s mane and Enokitake, just to name a few. Porcini, shiitake, oyster, maitake and king oyster typically contain the highest amounts
I grow my shiitake and oyster mushrooms at home.

I grow the shitakke mushrooms in my crawl space on chunks of oak firewood. What you do is drill holes in it and then inoculate the holes with shiitake spores and immediately cover the holes with beeswax so that other mold spores can't get in there. If the wrong mold spores get in there it will ruin everything.

Once you have it established it's very low maintenance. When you harvest the mushrooms new ones grow in to take their place and they keep doing that for years until all of the wood in the the logs is replaced with mycelium. All you have to do is go down there and get the mushrooms.

In the winter they slow down because the temperature and humidity goes down in the crawl space so I cover the logs with visqueen and vent my dryer in there to keep the mushrooms happy.

I grow my shiitake and oyster mushrooms at home.
You are my man . Respect .
I knew next to nothing about these extra benefits until reading this article even though I am never ever without standard supermarket varieties .
However , I have been aware for years that Guru Clif High has been a huge advocate of their powers but I have never seen/heard him spill out details which I have been able to scribble down .

The process you follow seems brilliant and I hope you will not mind me asking you questions later on when I have found my oak logs , spores and beeswax .
Next step is Manuka type honey though I suspect that living in SE England will give me more problems than I can solve . Still , any sort of natural home produced honey will be great particularly if I can kid the little buzzers to take up Amaretto in their diet .

You are my man . Respect .
I knew next to nothing about these extra benefits until reading this article even though I am never ever without standard supermarket varieties .
However , I have been aware for years that Guru Clif High has been a huge advocate of their powers but I have never seen/heard him spill out details which I have been able to scribble down .

The process you follow seems brilliant and I hope you will not mind me asking you questions later on when I have found my oak logs , spores and beeswax .
Next step is Manuka type honey though I suspect that living in SE England will give me more problems than I can solve . Still , any sort of natural home produced honey will be great particularly if I can kid the little buzzers to take up Amaretto in their diet .
The thing about the shiitake mushrooms is that you have to have patience. The mycelium needs to get established a long time before you ever see any mushrooms. It took at least 6 months before I got a single mushroom. But after that they just keep producing for years.

These days there's countless websites and how to youtube videos to show you what to do. And you can buy spores and kits online too.

Back when I first started growing them we didn't have all that.

1697232399012.png

not really a shroomer, but well aware 'chicken of the woods' is a rather coveted delicacy

perhaps i will view them more nutritionally, as i take my .280 out for it's annual walk here

~S~

not really a shroomer, but well aware 'chicken of the woods' is a rather coveted delicacy
I was just told that by my neighbor a few days ago, she has a son who has suffered from depression and is feeling entirely different since he started micro dosing psilocybin. I asked where he got it and she said he grows his own.

Psilocybin is the next frontier in research on how mushrooms can affect human health, including mental health.

I was just told that by my neighbor a few days ago, she has a son who has suffered from depression and is feeling entirely different since he started micro dosing psilocybin. I asked where he got it and she said he grows his own.

Psilocybin is the next frontier in research on how mushrooms can affect human health, including mental health.
I did 3 decades in ems. If a patient said 'i eat a live bat every morning' i never discounted , discouraged , or otherwise demeaned any of it.

As one mentor (now serving on the great call in the sky) once said to me 'what works works'

In other words , empirical medicine and it's one shoe fits all shtick proves itself inept, inadequate , binary , if not outright ignorant of individuality

~S~

What a lovely and informative thread .
Many thanks .
A small number of us . But quality counts !!

Next step is Manuka type honey though I suspect that living in SE England will give me more problems than I can solve .
If you get Manuka honey, it should come from New Zealand, its only true home. I would recommend a UMF of 20+, that is suitable unless you are ill, and then you can go to a higher grade that is considered pharmaceutical.

I have a UMF 20+ (MGO 829+) from New Zealand Honey Co. that I take a teaspoon mixed in with Apple Cider Vinegar and 8 oz. warm water (long time elixir)

Last edited:

STORY AT-A-GLANCE​

I ate about an ounce of mushrooms back in the 80s so I figure I should last about as long as Methuselah did.

Who the hell wants to live to be 100?

Doesn’t sound very appealing.
We are talking about people who are alive and kicking , not the breathing dead -- unfortunate ones or self inflicted losers .

"You've had three wives die on you. How did they die?"
"My first wife died from eating poison mushrooms."
"How about your second wife?"
"She also died from eating poison mushrooms."
"And your third wife?"
"She died of blunt force trauma to the head."
"Why did that happen?'
"She wouldn't eat her mushrooms."

As one mentor (now serving on the great call in the sky) once said to me 'what works works'

In other words , empirical medicine and it's one shoe fits all shtick proves itself inept, inadequate , binary , if not outright ignorant of individuality

~S~
"What works works" for the individual works mainly because of genetics and the strength of youth.

One shoes does fit all, but few want to wear it.

Forum List

Back