Post your election predictions here

Here is my prediction. Either Obama or Romney will win. Based on who wins, roughly half the country will be mad as fuck and will complain about almost every single thing that person is doing as president. The things they bitch about will be the same regardless of who wins, just the people doing the bitching won't be.
you make a good point. i just hope whoever wins that the country comes together as one.

Let's hope Democrats and Republicans come together to crush the treasonous Tea Party.

Nev leaning Obama
Co Toss up
Minn Toss up
Mich Toss up
NH Toss up
Ohio leaning Romney
PA Leaning Romney
Wiss Leaning Romney

If Romney can bring the base out on election=blow out. If not then Obama could win...Will be pretty close.

Romney wins popular vote, Obama wins Electoral college. He has the electoral college advantage IMO.

Nev leaning Obama
Co Toss up
Minn Toss up
Mich Toss up
NH Toss up
Ohio leaning Romney
PA Leaning Romney
Wiss Leaning Romney

If Romney can bring the base out on election=blow out. If not then Obama could win...Will be pretty close.

Colorado is almost certain to go for Romney.
Michigan is likely to be for Obama by 3-6 pts; but I'm holding out hope.
New Hampshire is always tough to call. They are finnicky voters. I believe Romney wins it by 1.5 pts.
Minnesota I have a great deal of hope for Romney; but for now I'll call it Obama by 2.
Ohio I'm calling Romney by 2-3 points with a 3-4 point margin of error. I have to conceded that Obama has a chance from what I've gathered.
Pennsylvania will go to Romney by 2 points. Obama will pay a price for ignoring this state and assuming they're in his back pocket.
Wisconsin I call Romney by 1 point. It's a very close race. I'd put Iowa, Wisconsin, New Hampshire as the closest states.
Nevada - Obama by who knows. I know Romney would win this state in a fair election. But the SEIU and mafia control the polling machines there. I have almost no hope for Nevada.

My prediction is that regardless of who wins the middle class is going to get screwed. Government spending is going to go up faster than revenues. The deficit is going to grow. America's credit rating will be downgraded again.

Democrats will continue to say everything is Bush's fault and refuse to take any responsibility what so ever for anything at all as is S.O.P.

Should Romney win, in about two years, Republicans will start saying Romney is a liberal which they should have known before they nominated him and guaranteed the middle class would be screwed again.

Oh, did I say that the middle class would be screwed once again?

Immie

My prediction is that regardless of who wins the middle class is going to get screwed. Government spending is going to go up faster than revenues. The deficit is going to grow. America's credit rating will be downgraded again.

Democrats will continue to say everything is Bush's fault and refuse to take any responsibility what so ever for anything at all as is S.O.P.

Should Romney win, in about two years, Republicans will start saying Romney is a liberal which they should have known before they nominated him and guaranteed the middle class would be screwed again.

Oh, did I say that the middle class would be screwed once again?

Immie

The economy is going to improve tremendously in the next few years.

The Great Recession is over.

On 6/8 I wrote this.................

Today is June 8th.............
And today is the first day of the last days of Obama as president.

I predict from here on in, it's a slow slide downhill for the O until Nov 6th.

Even Bob Beckel sounded as if he's seeing the writing on the wall.

On 8/15 I wrote this..............

Is there really any debate here???
Every 4 years right about this time, I find myself sick of it all.

I'm sick of the ugly ads [by both sides should you wish to argue this] and I live in a state where we rarely see them.

I'm sick to death of the media analyzing every single word uttered by any candidate anywhere.. Will this ad hurt Obama? Romney? Who will be VP? When will we know? Where are his tax returns? OMG, Mitt and Bain killed a woman!

Paul Ryan. What the hell - why not?

I'm sick of the spin. I'm sick of the repetition.

I knew whom I'd be voting for long before I could spell out all the reasons.

The relevant polls point the way.

The economic stats are all negative for the O - 8.3 UE, GDP below 2.0 for past 2 qtrs, retail sales down, foreclosures still ongoing, job creation in the ditch and well below population growth for endless months, yada, yada, yada. And not getting better. Stagnant.

Pub enthusiasm is UP. Dem enthusiasm is DOWN. And that translates in to voting or not voting. The O loses that game.

It doesn't matter if the O is "more popular" than Mitt. It does matter that more people trust Mitt to handle the economy better than O.

It doesn't matter if the O has the Hispanic vote when he's losing young people, blacks, blue collar men and, oh yeah, the Indies.

It doesn't matter if the O is "leading" in this poll or that poll. They're dead even, neck and neck and inside the margin of error.

After the VP pick, I anticipate Mitt will focus on laying out his "plan" in greater detail and as the election draws closer, that "plan" will only draw greater attention to the fact that the O has NO plan.Hit him right between the eyes when it counts. Not now.

The Undecideds will call this game. They're not committing yet. Altho they know Mitt is a helluva lot more competent than the O, they're not sure they really like him. So they'll wait until the very last minute, waiting to see if some thunderbolt event will occur that will make up their mind for them.

It won't happen. The only thing that will happen is that the October jobs report will come out the Friday before the election. And they'll hold their noses and vote for Mitt.

I'm interested, of course, in the VP pick. I'll be interested in watching the conventions [both] and then the debates.

But it's over. Mitt will win this. No, it won't be a landslide. But neither do I think it will be a repeat of 2000. I really don't believe this is nearly as close as some would have you believe.

On 8/31 I wrote this...................

I said it in June......I'll say it again
There is no question in my mind - Romney will be our next President.

For months I've been listening to the media harping on Mitt about all the things he must DO to win this election.

Nobody KNOWS you. Release your TAXES. Loosen UP. Don't be so STIFF. Lay out your PLANS. Yeah, they have 24 hrs to fill and gotta' fill it with something. Yada, yada, yada.

I've watched this man, little by little, guiding this campaign step by step, releasing a little more here, a little more there. And he keeps up with the O in the polls. He has this planned and he has this well organized.

This week he has accomplished a major goal - knowing and understanding Mitt Romney.We have had a string of personages from his life, both family and friends, step forward to tell their stories of Mitt - the very personal and emotional stories, his work as a religious counselor, his career with both corporate and political friends extolling his virtues, his dedication to doing the best job he can.

I now feel I know Mitt even tho it really wasn't a concern before this. I wanted competence above all. I feel I've got that and a whole lot more.

I envision those who are still undecided needed this convention and perhaps the debates to make up their minds. I envision many walked away with much the same impression I have.

This man will be a true leader.

We currently have a president who is behind the eight ball on many levels and shows no signs of being able to overcome them. In short, the economy and all things connected still suck. His campaign donations leave something to be desired. His convention seems hell-bent on pushing non-issues, He can't or won't address the issues that are so overwhelmingly important to this nation since they would only hi-lite his inability to solve them. And then there's Debbie.

And he is still an unknown! Does anyone remember friends or family, fellow career contacts, anyone who spoke up for the O, telling their stories of this man's nature, personality, feelings, anything at all during his '08 campaign? Or since?

We all know there are voters who will be firmly convinced, who will hold their nose, who will vote for the lesser of, or just go with the person who edges out the other by a few slim points.

Looking at it from that perspective, can you really doubt that Mitt now has a far bigger edge than he did a week ago?

We are no longer dealing with the handle pullers. We are dealing with those who will attack this issue with intelligence and concern. And I see at this point no factors at all that would change this race to anything but a win for Mitt.

Into the homestretch....and on to the debates.

On 10/9 I wrote this................

A Bold Prediction...............!
57 - 43

You are perfectly free to call me crazy

On 10/16 I wrote this.........................

I declare this election OVER
I will say what everyone knows - whether some are willing to admit it or not.

There are no more maps to roll out.

There are no more polls that do not reflect the obvious.

Even the "biased" media can't support him any more.

Obama is circling the drain.

Whoosh! All gone!

And there you have it. I'm consistent if nothing else :)

Obama wins all the swing states but FL and NC, meaning O303-R235. It's not going to be close in the EV. And once Ohio is called, it will be over.

Not a tough call. Polls. They're almost always right. If you have to fabricate bizarre reasons as to why the polls have to be wrong, you're definitely the loser.

Obama wins all the swing states but FL and NC, meaning O303-R235. It's not going to be close in the EV. And once Ohio is called, it will be over.

Not a tough call. Polls. They're almost always right. If you have to fabricate bizarre reasons as to why the polls have to be wrong, you're definitely the loser.

Romney is ahead by 10 in states like Montana and Indiana; states that Obama won in 08. The tide has clearly turned. You can accept it and take a step back. Or you can get rolled.

So even though all the polls have all been solidly trending Obama for the past 2 weeks, you say the tide is turning. Or has turned. Whatever. Must be some kind of invisible tide.

Anyways, good luck with that.

Those who argue for a Romney victory appear on here and elsewhere seem to be basing their argument on things not being as they seem. One thing I've noticed, though, is that with a few minor exceptions, the way things have looked on the eve of the election via the polls have turned out to be true the next day.

With that in mind, here's how it looks on this election eve:

1) 4 more years of President Obama making wingnuts' heads explode.

2) Dems keep the Senate.

3) Speaker Boehner gets at least 2 more years of trying to keep the teabaggers in the House from ruining the Republican brand further while at the same time trying to avoid Eric Cantor's knife in his back.

Edit: I'm mainly talking about recent elections - say, the last 10 years or so.

Last edited:
I predict that no matter who wins we will see bigger more intrusive more expensive government just as we have been getting for decades.

Forum List

Back