Post World War II Germany built statues of those who were imprisoned in concentration camps

ElmerMudd

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2009
Northwest
Post World War II Germany built statues of those who were imprisoned in concentration camps.
The statues help tell the story of what happened in the concentration camps and helps make sure this chapter of their history is never repeated.
They did not build statues glorifying the soldiers and politicians of the time.

The US should learn from Germany.

Post World War II Germany built statues of those who were imprisoned in concentration camps.
The statues help tell the story of what happened in the concentration camps and helps make sure this chapter of their history is never repeated.

Statues built based on lies to make a proud people The Germans feel guilt for trying to free their country from the grip of the Jew. Hopefully they get torn down

Well, I suppose you may be making a bullshit analogy.

Did those in concentration camps RECONCILE with the people who put them there? Did they agree to become one people again, like the U.S. and the Confederacy, or was it FORCED by rest of the world in a global war?

Do you know why the U.S. Military Academy WILL NOT take down Robert E. Lee's portrait???

Statues built based on lies to make a proud people The Germans feel guilt for trying to free their country from the grip of the Jew. Hopefully they get torn down
No way you are a real person. Nobody is this f##ked up for real.

Well, I suppose you may be making a bullshit analogy.

Did those in concentration camps RECONCILE with the people who put them there? Did they agree to become one people again, like the U.S. and the Confederacy, or was it FORCED by rest of the world in a global war?

Do you know why the U.S. Military Academy WILL NOT take down Robert E. Lee's portrait???
The South was beat in a war and a treaty was signed bringing them back into the US. If the north had not won, the confederates would have ununited the United States and continued slavery.

Oh I am quite real.

Most of the bolsheviks that ruled Russia and were trying to turn all of Europe communist were jews.
Hitler tried to free all of Europe and Russia from them. But the globalist powers joined together to defeat Germany and build a New World Order. ... :cool:

The South was beat in a war and a treaty was signed bringing them back into the US. If the north had not won, the confederates would have ununited the United States and continued slavery.
Do you know the terms of the South ending the war?

Do you know what the South was prepared to do if Lee's terms were not agreed?

I'm just going to go ahead and chalk this up to you being uniformed.

Post World War II Germany built statues of those who were imprisoned in concentration camps. The statues help tell the story of what happened in the concentration camps and helps make sure this chapter of their history is never repeated. They did not build statues glorifying the soldiers and politicians of the time. The US should learn from Germany.
The Krauts didn't do that out of some next-gen chagrin over what their daddies and granddaddies had done.

The Krauts did that to convince their Allied Occupation masters that they had their 'heads right' and were once again trustwortnhy.

America is not occupied by a foreign power and need prove nothing, and Americans are too busy with everyday life to get worked up over such bull$hit.

You can always build such monuments and then move them to museums. :D

Last edited:
America is not occupied by a foreign power and need prove nothing, and Americans are too busy with everyday life to get worked up over such bull$hit.
But, they did need to convince the South to reconcile and become part of the Union again.
Agreed. And even though I would have been a Union Man through-and-through, I respect the courage of a valiant enemy-turned-friend-once-again.

Chamberlain's rendering of 'Present Arms' while CSA units marched by to stack theirs was the opening moment of a long honorable mutual healing process.

But, they did need to convince the South to reconcile and become part of the Union again.
Agreed. And even though I would have been a Union Man through-and-through, I respect the courage of a valiant enemy-turned-friend-once-again.

Chamberlain's rendering of 'Present Arms' while CSA units marched by to stack theirs was the opening moment of a long honorable mutual healing process.
https://www.battlefields.org/learn/primary-sources/last-salute-army-northern-virginia

"That night we slept as we had not slept in four years. There was, of course, a great deal of unrestrained jubilation, but it did not call for much of that to be a sufficiency, and before long the camp over which peace after strife had settled was sleeping with no fear of a night alarm. We awoke next morning to find the Confederates peering down into our faces, and involuntarily reached for our arms, but once the recollections of the previous day's stirring events came crowding back to mind, all fear fled, and the boys in blue were soon commingling freely with the boys in gray, exchanging compliments, pipes, tobacco, knives and souvenirs."

Oh I am quite real.
Do you understand how f##ked up you are?

Germany is now our friend. We have no statues of Nazis.
Germany in WWII wanted to beat the US as much as the confederates wanted to beat the US in the civil war.

https://www.battlefields.org/learn/primary-sources/last-salute-army-northern-virginia

"Ah, but it was a most impressive sight, a most striking picture, to see that whole army in motion to lay down the symbols of war and strife, that army which had fought for four terrible years after a fashion but infrequently known in war.

"At such a time and under such conditions I thought it eminently fitting to show some token of our feeling, and I therefore instructed my subordinate officers to come to the position of 'salute' in the manual of arms as each body of the Confederates passed before us.

"When General Gordon came opposite me I had the bugle blown and the entire line came to 'attention,' preparatory to executing this movement of the manual successively and by regiments as Gordon's columns should pass before our front, each in turn.

"The General was riding in advance of his troops, his chin drooped to his breast, downhearted and dejected in appearance almost beyond description. At the sound of that machine like snap of arms, however, General Gordon started, caught in a moment its significance, and instantly assumed the finest attitude of a soldier. He wheeled his horse facing me, touching him gently with the spur, so that the animal slightly reared, and as he wheeled, horse and rider made one motion, the horse's head swung down with a graceful bow, and General Gordon dropped his swordpoint to his toe in salutation.

"By word of mouth General Gordon sent back orders to the rear that his own troops take the same position of the manual in the march past as did our line. That was done, and a truly imposing sight was the mutual salutation and farewell.

"At a distance of possibly twelve feet from our line, the Confederates halted and turned face towards us. Their lines were formed with the greatest care, with every officer in his appointed position, and thereupon began the formality of surrender.

"Bayonets were affixed to muskets, arms stacked, and cartridge boxes unslung and hung upon the stacks. Then, slowly and with a reluctance that was appealingly pathetic, the torn and tattered battleflags were either leaned against the stacks or laid upon the ground. The emotion of the conquered soldiery was really sad to witness. Some of the men who had carried and followed those ragged standards through the four long years of strife, rushed, regardless of all discipline, from the ranks, bent about their old flags, and pressed them to their lips with burning tears.

"And it can well be imagined, too, that there was no lack of emotion on our side, but the Union men were held steady in their lines, without the least show of demonstration by word or by motion. There was, though, a twitching of the muscles of their faces, and, be it said, their battle-bronzed cheeks were not altogether dry. Our men felt the import of the occasion, and realized fully how they would have been affected if defeat and surrender had been their lot after such a fearful struggle.

"Nearly an entire day was necessary for that vast parade to pass. About 27,000 stands of arms were laid down, with something like a hundred battleflags; cartridges were destroyed, and the arms loaded on cars and sent off to Wilmington.

"Every token of armed hostility was laid aside by the defeated men. No officer surrendered his side arms or horse, if private property, only Confederate property being required, according to the terms of surrender, dated April 9, 1865, and stating that all arms, artillery, and public property were to be packed and stacked and turned over to the officer duly appointed to receive them.

"And right here I wish to correct again that statement so often attributed to me, to the effect that I have said I received from the hands of General Lee on that day his sword. Only recently, at a banquet in Newtown, glass., of the Katahdin Club, composed of sons and daughters of my own beloved State, it was said in press dispatches that a letter had been read front me in which I made the claim that I had received Lee's sword. I never did make that claim even, as I never did receive that sword.

"As I have said, no Confederate officer was required or even asked to surrender his side arms if they were his personal property. As a matter of fact, General Lee never gave up his sword, although, if I am not mistaken, there was some conference between General Grant and some of the members of his staff upon that very subject just before the final surrender. I was not present at that conference, however, and only know of it by hearsay.

"But, as I was saying, every token of armed hostility having been laid aside, and the men having given their words of honor that they would never serve again against the flag, they were free to go whither they would and as best they could. In the meantime our army had been supplying them with rations. On the next morning, however, the morning of the 13th, we could see the men, singly or in squads, making their way slowly into the distance, in whichever direction was nearest home, and by nightfall we were left there at Appomattox Courthouse lonesome and alone."

Germany is now our friend. We have no statues of Nazis.
Germany in WWII wanted to beat the US as much as the confederates wanted to beat the US in the civil war.
The ignorance, arrogance, and shitty attitude of the likes of YOU is going to START ANOTHER WAR!!!

The most important parts of Chamberlain's memoir, and the point of honoring the actual fighting men of the Confederacy (monuments/statues/etc.) are this:

"Bayonets were affixed to muskets, arms stacked, and cartridge boxes unslung and hung upon the stacks. Then, slowly and with a reluctance that was appealingly pathetic, the torn and tattered battleflags were either leaned against the stacks or laid upon the ground. The emotion of the conquered soldiery was really sad to witness. Some of the men who had carried and followed those ragged standards through the four long years of strife, rushed, regardless of all discipline, from the ranks, bent about their old flags, and pressed them to their lips with burning tears.

"And it can well be imagined, too, that there was no lack of emotion on our side, but the Union men were held steady in their lines, without the least show of demonstration by word or by motion. There was, though, a twitching of the muscles of their faces, and, be it said, their battle-bronzed cheeks were not altogether dry. Our men felt the import of the occasion, and realized fully how they would have been affected if defeat and surrender had been their lot after such a fearful struggle.

And the part about them co-mingling and becoming countrymen again.

You can't strip Southerners of their heritage and expect them to continue to have a sense of belonging to the U.S. It's done deliberately, SPECIFICALLY to invite discord and a desire to break up the Union, AGAIN.

How many of those statues were in East Germany?

How many of those statues were in East Germany?
Good point. I am not sure.

The most important parts of Chamberlain's memoir, and the point of honoring the actual fighting men of the Confederacy (monuments/statues/etc.) are this:

And the part about them co-mingling and becoming countrymen again.

You can't strip Southerners of their heritage and expect them to continue to have a sense of belonging to the U.S. It's done deliberately, SPECIFICALLY to invite discord and a desire to break up the Union, AGAIN.
When the Nazis were defeated, the Germans who disassociated with Nazi philosophy have been accepted by the new Germans and the world. It is the same with the confederates. The individuals are accepted if they renounce the confederacy. If they continue to believe the principles of the confederacy they are more than racists, they are traitors to the USA.

We do not have statues of English soldiers who fought us in the revolutionary war. There are many families in the US that are related to the English soldiers or supported the English in the revolution.
You fight our country and lose, do not expect statues.

Forum List

Back