Pope say's it's couples who do not have kids are selfish and greedy

That's funny, the same critics once praised the new Pontiff for calling the rich selfish.
I don't think he specifically called the rich selfish so much as he said the rich have a moral duty to improve the lives of the poor.
Pope Francis Blasts Free Market System Urges Rich to Help the Poor

Similarly, I don't think he blasted all couples who choose to remain childless as selfish, because there are many valid and often personal reasons to do so that have noting to do with being selfish. Rather, he blasted people who choose to remain childless to have more money to spend on vacations and such, but he is also saying that making that decision ultimately does not make one happier.

Pope Francis to Childless Married Couples Don t Just Have Pets - Have Kids

Funny thing about those who want to control the reproduction of others - they don't actually support those children.

What is selfish is having children you don't want or can't support.

His statement has nothing to do with abortion, but about the decision too many people are making not to have children. Most of the people forgoing children CAN support them, and that is the really big issue facing western countries today. And I don't even want to bring up Japan.
The people the pope meant are those who choose to remain childless for selfish reasons. Their money is spent on vacations. They don't want to be tied down. They don't want to get baby sitters for party night. They don't want to consider the needs of children.

To put it simply, they don't want to grow up.

I was like that myself until I found my fiancee. I'm going to be an older father (probably early 40's when we have our first kid) but she is younger.

Better late than never.

We are also both Engineers (Master's degrees) so i think we can afford at least a couple.

To put it simply, they don't want to grow up.
Now that is an interesting take.

People value different things, and according to you the ones who don't have much interest in making the huge commitment to raise children don't want to grow up? As many stupid immature parents we see out there who have no business raising children, they are to be considered the ones who grew up because they were capable of having sex then carrying a baby to full term?

There are a lot of measures I can think of to judge whether someone has grown up, and most of them would rank a lot higher than wanting to have children. Any 14 year old can want and achieve that.

Forum List

Back